Options

Digitech RP300 PJ Related

DrEthanPowellDrEthanPowell Posts: 19
edited September 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
Does anyone out there have a Digitech Multi Effects Processor? I was thinking about buying the pedals- TS9, Phase 90, etc, but I was wondering if anybody here has a digitech processor and what settings they use for emulating sounds of artists like Mike, Stone, or others such as SRV. Do you think it's worth the money to spend on the stomp boxes, or do you have settings for the RP's which sound "good enough"? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you for sharing this journey.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    MONKEYNUTS HAS the digITECh RP100. iTS QUIte good bUt THE WAH is pISS Poor
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    It depends on your ear. Digital effects will always be cheaper but it's personal preference. I personally haven't found an effects processor that really sounds like the real thing. But depending on your application it may fit you better than stomp boxes which can be a hassle but are more durable per say than the mostly plastic digital boxes and most aren't as sensitive to abuse. However if you plan on doing direct recording the direct outs from the processors can help you achieve a cleaner signal than you might get from your stomps especially if it has a tube preamp.

Just follow your ear. Good luck.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    my first effect was a digitech RP10 multi-effects. i liked it when i had no idea of the sounds i wanted and didn't have much experience but i eventually became dissatisfied with it's distortions and delays primarily.

however, at the time, for what i needed, it was awesome. i still have it b/c it does some really cool pitch modulations, whammy type things and strange, almost, ring mod like stuff. the choruses, phasers and flangers are ok too. there's nothing like an analog chorus or a phase 90/100 but the digitech was pretty good. bear in mind, my digitech is 8 years old and things have improved since then.
  • Options
    Its not a bad processor, you can really make and store some killer songs. Latley though ive kinda got bored with it, but im really in a clean sounding mode these days so, hell. Its worth it. Theres an effect on there called crunchy that i use the A and B channel for when it comes to Pearl Jam sounds. If you change the echo on it, you can get the sound that mike used a lot during Binaural/2000 tour, the spacey sound.
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    My old roommate has one, forgot which model. He gets a lot of great sounds out of it. But personally I prefer to have individual pedals. It just sounds better to me, unless it's a good rack unit. I read an interview with Dave Gilmour and he said those mulit effects ones 'got no balls to them'
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    Thanks for the input- I'm going to try the "Crunch" with the echo like ledvedder suggested.
    Thank you for sharing this journey.