Options

any girls......

2»

Comments

• Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    someone in this crazy world is building a left-handed 12-string bass?
  • Options
    puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by exhausted
    someone in this crazy world is building a left-handed 12-string bass?

1. I tried out a right-handed one.

2. I'm really thinking about inquirying into a customized left-handed one. Hey I got just got free-money, the timing might be right.

Look left-handed people exist and some of us are into music, so why not challenge the industry to produce products for us.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Originally posted by puremagic
    Look left-handed people exist and some of us are into music, so why not challenge the industry to produce products for us.

hey i've been fighting that battle for 8 years. i get to pay 15% more for every guitar *and* i get the added bonus of no selection.

http://www.southpawguitars.com is fun to look at though.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Hey Puremagic,

the people at Hamer custom shop would be happy to build you one. They make Jeff's 12 string and a few 8's I believe, they also made that crazy 5 neck monster that Rick Neilson of Cheap Trick play's. Hamer USA is light years ahead of their foreign stuff.

I think the 8 string I saw was either a Modulus or a some custom job. This guy from NYC played it. In a 2 piece just bass and drums, they had a violin player but she quit.

I think they were called Asa Nisi Masa.

There are so many cool basses.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Any bassists here play much acoustic bass? I'd totally love to get one some day.

And I wanna be in an all girl all bass (plus drums) band. Where can I sign up? Actually, has anyone seen the episode of SNL when Spinal Tap played and they were all playing bass, and the drummer was just playing the bass drum (I think)? It was full on!! I think 1 guy had an 8 or 12 string bass, but the sound of all that bass was just insane!! That was awesome!!

You know, one thing that's starting to concern me a little is all these bands that are coming out w/out bassists. There was an article about it in Blunt magazine, and some of the bands they listed were some of my faves... bands like Sleater-Kinney, White Stripes, Black Keys etc... I thought momentarily about boycotting them, but it didn't last cos I love em too much, esp S-K!
    "...to love some silly piece of music... or some band so much that it hurts"