Options

any girls......

scat catscat cat Posts: 27
edited September 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
jam? I'm a chick, and I think it's hard to find other girls to jam with. I don't think other girls are into stuff like that. It's kind of sad actually.
Become a vehicle that blossoms truth and freedom
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    yeah! not in a band-as yet though.
  • Options
    Nothing more sexy than a female bass player. This is a guy speaking.
  • Options
    I was a bass player. not much time now, I used to love to shake the joint!
    People seemed afraid of me when my instrument was bigger than me, and my amp was taller than me! Lol
    Smile :)
  • Options
    lnfobnlnfobn Posts: 370
    I play drums... I'm not in a band, but I play. I don't even have my own set right now... :( I need to get a new one.
    Hey, reckless mind,
    Don't throw away your playful beginnings...
  • Options
    I like to jam, but I also play the piano, and I don't think that's jamming... I play the guitar too, but I started not to long ago. I've been looking to join or start a band as a keyboardist, I don't know, I live in an active musical community yet I don't know may other musicians.
    Don't let the world bring you down, not everyone here is that fucked up and cold. Remember why you came and while you're alive, experience the warmth before you grow old.

Best two days of my life: Oasis at MSG and Pearl Jam at the Gorge.
  • Options
    puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by scat cat
    jam? I'm a chick, and I think it's hard to find other girls to jam with. I don't think other girls are into stuff like that. It's kind of sad actually.

yes, but not within the last eight months. I've always been the sole female. Seriously, I don't think I would want to be part of an all female band. As much as it hurts to say it, they don't get the respect they deserve.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    Originally posted by thelouderthebetter
    I was a bass player. not much time now, I used to love to shake the joint!
    People seemed afraid of me when my instrument was bigger than me, and my amp was taller than me! Lol

How tall are you? At 5' 7 1/2, I still feel somewhat small playing the bass.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    Hi Puremagic
    You're Tall!
    I'm 5 feet tall. My neighbor is an awesome guitarist. He taught me to play, and made me start with a full sized bass, and so glad I did. It seemed like my arms and fingers just expanded! I had a hard time with the amp though, as I'm a little under a hundred pounds, and the amp must have been 200 lbs! It got away from me on a ramp once and it rolled right into traffic on South Street in Philly! He gave it to me to use, and put wheels on the sides and back and handles all over it so I could get it over curbs and into my house when no one was around. I just beat that thing up. He's got that amp in his studio now, and it sounds still sounds great! every one asks what the F*** that thing is. He just says it was fine till' he lent it to the crazy girl next door.
  • Options
    So what kind of commute is there to have a jam?

I see New Mexico
    I see England
    Washington state?
    Green Bay?
    I'm 25 miles south of Philadelphia.
    Could we possibly be farther apart?
    Any Australia?
  • Options
    Representing Australia here :D

I love to jam, I'm a chick, and I DO think it's sad that more chicks don't jam more! I am in a band and I play bass and we are considering having a 2nd guitarist who is a chick... but she was really nervous about playing loud at rehearsal, but that was cos she didn't know our songs and didn't really know us.

It's hard to find good quality chick rock too... that is also quite depressing... but that's why we have to make a change in the male dominated world of the music industry!!
    "...to love some silly piece of music... or some band so much that it hurts"
  • Options
    So what kind of commute is there to have a jam?

I see New Mexico
    I see England
    Washington state?
    Green Bay?
    I'm 25 miles south of Philadelphia.
    Could we possibly be farther apart?
    Any Australia?

Just think of us as rocking from around the world, we'd kickass bigtime if we could make that sound travel. Except we have too many bass players.
  • Options
    I sing and play a bit of guitar...I need a band - I feel like a part of me is missing without one!!
  • Options
    I can play guitar and sing a bit as well... just that I am a bass player now cos I'm a bass player in my band... but I started out playing guitar so I will always be a guitarist at heart :) Even if I do suck... hehe
    "...to love some silly piece of music... or some band so much that it hurts"
  • Options
    I can't wait to learn to play the drums :D my fiance is going to buy a kit soon and my 14-year-old sister & I are going to learn how to play. I also want to practice bass, and learn some basic piano techniques (and YES, you can jam on PIANO! look at Tori Amos ;)) to be a more "useful" (versatile?) musician...

ames
  • Options
    I'll forego the bass and play the oboe, if I can learn how to mike it! I play a little violin and cello. I guess that's a little different from bass in my old punk band, but what the hell!
    Maybe we should just each make a tape with an instrument, and sent it in circles around the globe, and everybody adds to each one.
  • Options
    Microdotcom

Please private mail me.
    I'm sorry, I'm a little weirded out by a couple of your posts.
    Yes, that's me, and I remember you in the city. I need you to e-mail me to know what's going on here.

Thanks in advance
  • Options
    Ahem,,, well,,,,,,,,, that went well!
    Gotta watch out for those bass players! : )
  • Options
    i play drums and bass
    this is not a signature
  • Options
    not really. Same problem as you...can't find anyone. Plus I'm not that good yet at my guitar.

I wanna drum, that's what I want to do.

xox Alternagirl
    "I don't say things like 'special evening.' I'm a guitarist"

"You never know where you're going to meet a jammer"
  • Options
    I play guitar mostly. we r always jammin with my boyfriend.He´s damn good guitar player.we usually play both guitars and i allso do the singing and lyrics.we r both huuuge pearljamfans and we like to play pj alot but jammin is such fun too...we live for pearl jam...
    ^Å^ so you found a girl who thinks really deep thoughts,what´s so amazing about really deep thoughts?
    (boy you best pray that i bleed real soon)

<:3 )~~~~~ Rats are ppl too !!!
  • Options
    and by the way....i couldn´t be in a girl band cos i think most girls r just too stupid....and i´m such a solo....as i´ve said before..i´m just too Evil.....stupid me...
    ^Å^ so you found a girl who thinks really deep thoughts,what´s so amazing about really deep thoughts?
    (boy you best pray that i bleed real soon)

<:3 )~~~~~ Rats are ppl too !!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by GrungeChair
    and by the way....i couldn´t be in a girl band cos i think most girls r just too stupid....and i´m such a solo....as i´ve said before..i´m just too Evil.....stupid me...

You and I would probably do well in terms of producing good music. Nothing like a bitch to bring out the best, especially, seeing all those fine quality bands that came out of Finland. Probably on the same level as Aba and Cold. Great way to end this "Stupid Girl".
  • Options
    Originally posted by puremagic
    yes, but not within the last eight months. I've always been the sole female. Seriously, I don't think I would want to be part of an all female band. As much as it hurts to say it, they don't get the respect they deserve.

Nothing more sexy than a female bass player. This is a guy speaking. By Pearlwax [/Quote]

Do you think an all girl, all bass band would get respect? And how sexy would that be! ; )
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    all girl all bass band sounds like a cool concept but you should add a drummer.

One of you could play an 8 or a 12 string and get those cool harmonics and let the drummer play the lead fills a la Kieth Moon.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    look up a band called the inbreds. one bass, one drummer. really interesting. he capo'ed the bass a lot.
  • Options
    Well, We'll all go over to infobn's house! There's our drummer.

Don't worry, with 14 bass players, we'll have plenty of harmonics!
  • Options
    Nothing more sexy than a female bass player. This is a guy speaking. By Pearlwax

Do you think an all girl, all bass band would get respect? And how sexy would that be! ; ) [/quote]

Only once have I been privileged to be part of a combo with dueling basses. It was just a fun two-day jam session and at the time I wasn't nearly as proficient in strumming. But when your strapped with a rickenbacker sliding across your body and that attitude and you just let your playing take over, yeah that is a total sexy feeling that comes across to an audience.

The outfit didn't hurt either.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79

One of you could play an 8 or a 12 string and get those cool harmonics and let the drummer play the lead fills a la Kieth Moon.

A drummer is a must.
  • Options
    I play guitar, flute and clarinet. I play a little piano. I don't think I could be in a band. I write my own lyrics and it's strictly solo stuff.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79

Next time I"m out I think I'll try a 12 string to see how I like it.