A question about a Fender Nashville Tele

*Steve Gossard**Steve Gossard* Posts: 20
edited September 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
Does anyone own one, I'm in the market looking, and it looks pretty sweet, cus I love the sound of a tele, and the strat pickup seems like a sweet bonus...
Any help would be great!
Bowwowwow...yippie yo...yippie ye...bow wow...yippie yo...yippie ye...
-Eddie Vedder
(Blood, 7-5-03, Camden 1)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I don't own one, but I played one for a while. It was a nice guitar, and the Tele part of it was great, but the Strat didn't quite have the bell tone to it. I think it needs all those springs and gizmos inside to get the strat texture. You also don't get the mix of the 2nd and 4th position. ,But,, if you're a tele player, if you like the tone, go for it.
    I just saw one at Georges Music. ( I bet you live near me) The price is right on them. And it is a nice playing piece.
    Gone To California
  • Thanx, yea I mostly in the market for a tele, but it looks like the switchable extra start tone would be cool if I wanted a little different sounded. Thanx
    If anyone actually owns one and has any info on hows it holds up after some use, let me know...

P.S to youthinkyou'reold
    Yea you prob. do live close to me, I live not too far from Samash in King of Prussia, its about 20 min away from my house. You may know where that is, I don't know how far in Philly you live.
    -Eddie Vedder
  • You know what you might try, depending on how much you use the neck pickup, is putting a strat pickup in the neck position. then you can switch between that and the middle one. I know a few musicians that use that set up.

Naaaaah!!! I'll shut up,,,, Just go buy it! You want it! :)
    You'll like it. They're well made.

I'm down by rt 202 in Delaware at the Pa line. If i'm talking to people around here, I say Delaware. In the USA I say Philly, And in the far corners of the world I say New York. It beats explaining where and what Delaware is in a foreign language! I've been in Sam Ash many a time up there. The Guitar Center is pretty decent up there.
    Gone To California
  • Yea I think I know where you are, and yea Samash and Guitar Center are very nice up here, lots of stuff, it's a really big store, friendly staff too, they helped me many a time in guitar times of need.
    -Eddie Vedder
  • I'm thinking now what's better
    The Nashville Tele for 489.99
    or better off with the
    Fender Standard Tele for 349.99

anyone every play the standard?
    -Eddie Vedder
  • Me again.
    Then I'll leave you alone!
    Get the tele, for the price difference, you're almost halfway to a Strat anyway. ( This is my humble opinion )
    I'm actually going to g.center today or tomorrow to get a Standard tele and a strat, as on Wednesday,I'm off to Eastern Europe then Africa for a few months playing with this goofy band,, then I'm studying with a guitarist in Mali for a few weeks, so I'll give one of these to him as gifts of appreciation. ( If he truly exists! ) ( I'm buying about a hundred sets of strings too, they'e gonna crack up in the store! great gifts in those areas)
    You can't beat the price on them, if you play out ,you don't have to worry about a 1200 dollar guitar. you almost always have to set them up when you get them, they sometimes have loose parts on them , so you tighten them. and you can always change out parts or pickups if needed. I've had so many guitars over the years, and I really don't think money gets you better sound. Just check out the basic structure of the neck and neck joints, and play several of them before you buy. But you can always exchange them at either of the stores near you.
    Good Luck
    Gone To California
  • the nashville tele or the deluxe?

the deluxe with the fishman sounds great - great tele sound and a sort of good strat sound -

if you are looking for a guitar that you can do three things with then the deluxe is what you want for that money - but if you are looking for a good tele get the standard and go with it - then save and get a real strat :)

dominic
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours
  • yea im think ill go with the nashville for the extra hundred, but i think after that ill go for a gibson sg or les paul, im not really lookin for a strat right now, but it'll be sweet on the nashville to get good tele sound and have a little difference in the tone with the strat pickup.

Thanx everyone for helping me out!
    -Eddie Vedder
  • I was at guitar center today. Bought a standard strat and a tele to take on tour wednesday. So I sat down and played about 20 different American and Mexican ones through my deluxe 65. I plugged your nashville tele in. Hey man, I liked it! Great tele tone! The center pick up had a cool tone, sorta strat like, nice and clear. For just shy of 500 bucks, nice guitar!
    Good luck.
    Gone To California