anyone in a band in the Chicago area?

neenerbeanneenerbean Posts: 205
edited September 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
I am not only looking to join a band...but I'm also interested in hearing some new local music (besides punk, which I'm thoroughly exposed to seeing as how my fiance is in a punk band and records other bands all the time!!)

Anyone else from Chicagoland? :p

ames
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    A couple of guys named Jake and Elwood are in this blues band, they're pretty good.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • haha - I forgot about that PJ cover band. I was going to do some stuff with them but got INSANELY BUSY :(

yep, I'm Amy :) thanks regarding ATY! that song rocks and I feel honored to have covered it.

I am currently looking for a non-cover band. I have lots of lyrics written and I'm really anxious to join a band!! argh! :p
  • Originally posted by neenerbean
    haha - I forgot about that PJ cover band. I was going to do some stuff with them but got INSANELY BUSY :(

yep, I'm Amy :) thanks regarding ATY! that song rocks and I feel honored to have covered it.

I am currently looking for a non-cover band. I have lots of lyrics written and I'm really anxious to join a band!! argh! :p

oh, so your the girl that was going to sing with us...i was wondering what happened with that. anyways, im totally up for doing origanals too, i like the idea of female vocals.
    The Dollars
    www.thedollars.net

facebook.com/greendaytribute

GO GO WHITE SOX!! 2005 CHAMPS!

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage
  • Originally posted by evolution10
    oh, so your the girl that was going to sing with us...i was wondering what happened with that. anyways, im totally up for doing origanals too, i like the idea of female vocals.

yah, you had my work email and unfortunately (or FORTUNETLY, depending on how you look at it LOL) I got fired over a month ago. things have been hectic and starting next weekend it'll finally all calm down!! :D

do you still have my phone number? your name is Chris, right?

Amy
  • no, im jon (the drummer, or singer...im not really sure what i do...)..anyways chris talked about you thats how i know of you....i think he's still got your number.
    The Dollars
    www.thedollars.net

• Originally posted by mr pickles
    Make sure you keep us informed of your band...I'd be interested in checking you guys out when you get some gigs. If I wasn't so busy outside of work I'd offer to help out.

if your talking to me we defiatley will...the whole idea is to get the real pj fans at our shows....not the ones there just to see jeremy and betterman. we want to be able to open with wash or something and have people actually know what that is!!!...lol.
    The Dollars
    www.thedollars.net

• hey amy its chris, we talked a while back..so you got canned huh..sorry to hear that!
    anyway, just wanted to say hi and the original band thing sounds kind of cool, me and jon (drummer) used to be in a band with a female singer and it was cool for the short time that it lasted...the music was on the heavier side, but her voice was very soft so the contrast was pretty cool....
    my email is treetree789@yahoo.com or you can send me a private message and ill give you my number again.

www.brainofj.net

www.evenflowrocks.com

"I have a bigger cock than Flea and Patrick Ewing combined, but I don't want to brag."
    ed - 11-5-00
  • hsewifhsewif Posts: 444
    Catfight http://www.catfightband.com
    I've seen them twice, they're not bad

The second is an old friend of mine that has had different bands going for as long as I've known him. His website is http://www.mattmercado.com. I think they're playing at Double Door later this month.

Mike and Joe are good too, all acoustic if I remember correctly.

There are a few of us going to see Even Flow on the 19th, I've never seen a PJ cover band, should be a fun time. Care to join us Mr. Pickles?
  • VictoryGinVictoryGin Posts: 1,218
    is catfight the all-female band that has played at joe's? if so i think i've seen them because someone i knew, knew them and we went for support. they were fun, it made me jealous. i want to be in a band!

where is Even Flow playing? i've never seen them.

Originally posted by hsewif
    Catfight http://www.catfightband.com
    I've seen them twice, they're not bad

There are a few of us going to see Even Flow on the 19th, I've never seen a PJ cover band, should be a fun time. Care to join us Mr. Pickles?
    if you wanna be a friend of mine
    cross the river to the eastside
  • hsewifhsewif Posts: 444
    Originally posted by VictoryGin
    is catfight the all-female band that has played at joe's? if so i think i've seen them because someone i knew, knew them and we went for support. they were fun, it made me jealous. i want to be in a band!

where is Even Flow playing? i've never seen them.

Even Flow is playing at Hi TOps Sept. 19th, tickets are 10.00, you can call them to hold some or just show up, doors open at 8:00. I just checked their website http://www.evenflowrocks.com and there's going to be free beer from 8-10! Guess I'll have to get there early now.....

Yes, catfight is all-female and they play all over the place. When a band has a good time putting on a show everyone in the place winds up enjoying themselves, I think.