not trying to spam you guys...

neenerbeanneenerbean Posts: 205
edited September 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
but my friend in Seattle runs http://www.guitarpunk.com and provides really cool signature models of some of your favorite guitars. I also got my Fernandes through him :) he rocks!

ames
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    can anyone punk actually be punk and still afford to buy a soldano amp? :)
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    that's a cool website but I thought punk's were anti capitalism :)

I like mosrites ok but i've never been able to bring myself to buy one, I'd rather have a Univox.

I had no Idea they sold Soldano's. Those are worth more than my roommates car.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • he can when he shares warehouse space and is in a band with Mike Soldano ;)
    shit. i can sell soldanos too. but i still can't buy one.
  • *shrugs* Dan has had Soldanos...if you know people, you get discounts.

punk isn't about playing cheap equipment. it's about staying true to your beliefs and your music. sillies.
    It used to depress me a little everytime I made a sale. Each guitar and amp were special to me and most of them never came back, which is a good thing if you are trying to make money I guess.

I wish I was in a band with Mike Soldano...................
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    no marge, the monkees weren't about the music. they were about rebellion!!!
    Originally posted by neenerbean
    *shrugs* Dan has had Soldanos...if you know people, you get discounts.

punk isn't about playing cheap equipment. it's about staying true to your beliefs and your music. sillies.
    Punk isn't about playing cheap equipment?

Please Please, pass that memo on to Sonic Youth they could use that bit of info.

as for music music is music whatever you do. Punk is just getting out all of the bad feelings you have about society in 3 chords and 2 minutes or less, Exausted was just making a funny point. Really, Michael Soldano's build method is Punk, he needed an amp that sounded good and lasted a long time, so he built it himself, he was just so fucking good at it that the hair band guys would pay 3 grand for one. I admire their craftsmanship and sound but I'll probably never be able to justify buying one.
    i'm going to make my own big muff pi one day b/c the russians made the one i have so punk.
    yeah and it seems the only way I'm going to get some big muff Pi is to make one too.

I am so emo no?
  • Originally posted by Pacomc79
    Punk is just getting out all of the bad feelings you have about society in 3 chords and 2 minutes or less

haha, tell that to Break the Silence :p

*another shameless plug*

ames