Options

Can I borrow a piece of equipment?

puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
edited September 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
Are you overprotective of your equipment and gear? I am. All my stuff is catalogued and I have inventory stickers on them and their listed to my insurance company. And everytime I acquire an additional gadget, I do the same thing regardless of cost.

Would you let someone borrow any part, piece, etc of equipment to take with them to a show your not part of, especially, out of state.
SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    No, Puremagic, I'm a sucker. Always have been, probably always will. That's where half my stuff went! The pedals especially. They do seem to eventually find there way back home to me. Kind of like that old disney movie, the incredible journey? Little blue and green and yellow pedals, crossing streams and mountains to get back to their special room downstairs!

I've got certain stuff, however, that I don't even allow myself to use! ( my 1940's gibson amps, '59 les paul burst, ) . Now that you said that, I gotta go see if there still here!
    Gone To California
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    never had the situation arise but it's unlikely that i would.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    well, yes and no. I don't let people really borrow stuff unless I am there.

Once I lent my amp to a band that performed after me and the stage crew I beleve broke the fitting ring around the input jack by stretching the cable too far, I guess they didn't understand the concept of a volume knob. Luckily it was a fender and not a marshall otherwise I'd be looking for a new faceplate and input jack.

My roommates wanked on my stuff all the time when I wasn't home in college, but it inspired both of them and they now play guitar and they weren't abusive with my stuff. My guitars are both beat to hell anyway they are both teenagers any how. I just don't want them dropped scratches add character.

I'd probably never lend my Orange out, I'm too worried about the tubes.

Other than that I really don't lend things, Microphones, pedals are just to expensive and too easy to steal.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by youthinkyou'reold!
    No, Puremagic, I'm a sucker. Always have been, probably always will. That's where half my stuff went! The pedals especially. They do seem to eventually find there way back home to me. Kind of like that old disney movie, the incredible journey? Little blue and green and yellow pedals, crossing streams and mountains to get back to their special room downstairs!

I've got certain stuff, however, that I don't even allow myself to use! ( my 1940's gibson amps, '59 les paul burst, ) . Now that you said that, I gotta go see if there still here!

I'm kind of intrigued here to know what other kinds of gear you have laying around or in the special room.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.