Options

Shipping gear

puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
edited September 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
Has anyone shipped their gear to a different state in advancement of a show?

If so, how?
SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    road cases if you've got them. if not, i'd say take the tubes out of the amps and get the whole lot professionally packed by mailboxes etc. or someone like that.
  • Options
    puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by exhausted
    road cases if you've got them. if not, i'd say take the tubes out of the amps and get the whole lot professionally packed by mailboxes etc. or someone like that.

Thanks, I have road cases, but I wanted to take a different amp which means I would have to buy a road case for it. Which I guess I'm going to have to do.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    you can build a crate for it and just pad the hell out of it but, really it's easier and more reliable to just put it in an ATA spec road case. Depending on the size and weight that could get expensive to ship but if its a good gig why not.

It's a combo right?

If you've got a lot of stuff or a van it might be cheaper to just rent a U Haul or Ryder truck.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.