Options

moved all my equipment into my basement. hum problem.

2»

Comments

• Options
    I'm glad some of the hum went away. My other solution was just to turn the little knob that said "V" on my amp higher and higher, until I couldn't hear the hum!

Meanwhile, thanks exhausted for the p m . This was a rather odd day, to say the least. You rock

And thank you Puremagic for some mighty kind words and thoughts. YOU rock.

See ya
    Smile :)
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    no problem.

it's all boiling down to bad shielding in my guitars and in my house wiring.

i wonder what will happen if i wrap the wires in tin foil.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    being the worrying type that I am, make sure all the insulation is covering the wire first, I'd wrap the wire with Electrical tape first because the foil will conduct you know, i'd be best to just foil the back of the pickguard and condition the power into the amp because wrapping the home wires could be a fire hazard.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by exhausted
    no problem.

it's all boiling down to bad shielding in my guitars and in my house wiring.

i wonder what will happen if i wrap the wires in tin foil.

You had better read paco reply before you use foil, or someday we will have one less house in Canada and forbid one less Canada.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    Omigod, don't wrap the wires in the house! : O , then we'll have to "blame Canada" for the next blackout!
    Listen to the girls, keep it simple, just turn it up! : )
    Smile :)
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    actually, it would be four less houses technically since i'm in a townhouse. :D

ok, ok. i won't touch the wires. i am going to cover the ceiling with old blankets and stuff though. it's cold down there.

so who wants me to do a picture tutorial on shielding your electric guitar?
  • Options
    actually, it would be four less houses technically since i'm in a townhouse. :D

ok, ok. i won't touch the wires. i am going to cover the ceiling with old blankets and stuff though. it's cold down there.

so who wants me to do a picture tutorial on shielding your electric guitar?
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • Options

Get some roofing tarpe covers, they hold the heat in and catch any unexpected leaks.

Yeah and you wanted a scooter. ha, ha.