Options

ordered my project guitar neck

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited September 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
well, everything's ordered for the jazzbastard now. i went with a left-handed neck (decided to forego the reverse headstock look).

it's got the big-ass CBS era stratocaster shovel headstock drilled for schaller tuners. i got rock maple with an ebony fretboard and regular face dots. finished it in clear satin.

i'm going to photo-essay everything as it arrives and i assemble the guitar and it's circuit. it's likely my pickups won't be here for a couple months though so i won't be wiring for a while.

lead time on the neck is 7 weeks plus 2-3 weeks shipping so it'll be a long wait.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    stop it you're making me horny.

That thing is going to be incredible.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    for my next trick: a left-handed telecaster custom. 3-colour burst with all maple CBS strat neck.

i've fallen in love with warmoth. i can build all the guitars fender is too cheap to make for me.
  • Options
    my hero!

Could you build me a pre CBS strat while you are at it?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    sure.

i even order cloth wrapped wire to do my circuits.
  • Options
    wow!

I know it's going to sound good. I could send you some genuine sawdust to make it look old and authentic.
  • Options
    i'm just going to spill beer over the pickups a few times.

not sure why i bothered with cloth wire. probably harder to work with. and it's not like it's going to look vintage in a cavity covered with shielding paint and filled with concentric pots and toggle switches.
  • Options
    yeah but you might as well get Lindy Fralin's now just to be super anal.

I think as long as it's soldiered good wire is good wire, the more copper or silver you have the more signal is going to flow. but you'll know it's cloth covered. :)