i was given another song tonight

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited September 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
probably the best feeling i know is when a song just pops out of my head. they're so simple but i always love the ones that make themselves known to me within about 5 minutes of picking up the guitar.

after a year of nothing, two songs arrive within a week.

simple is good sometimes.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ahh sweet relief eh?

I had a big musical block in the middle of this year... was getting so worried I'd lost it forever... i hate that feeling...

good to hear u got some songs going.. who cares how simple they are, it's how they sound and the feeling they bring forward..

*hell yeah* lol

dan.
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
    "It is I, with the empty bladder!"

www.nowalletevolution.com
  • Originally posted by exhausted
    probably the best feeling i know is when a song just pops out of my head. they're so simple but i always love the ones that make themselves known to me within about 5 minutes of picking up the guitar.

jesus is just all right with me.

i love his way.

maybe there will be words whispered by the blue moon tonight.

thank you for sharing

aaaaaannnnnnnddddd gooood nite. bye xox
  • good to hear, Ex. you going to record it? let's hear it

-low
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Originally posted by low_light
    good to hear, Ex. you going to record it? let's hear it

-low

i'll have something on zeroes and ones by the weekend probably. i'll post it up when it's done for sure.
  • very cool. look forward to hearing new stuff from you.

-dm
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by exhausted

Simple is always good, makes for some of the best remembered songs of all time. Glad your back on track.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • LauriLauri Posts: 748
    that's so awesome. I wish something like that would happen to me.
    Originally posted by exhausted

• Hey man, I just listened to the new song on your weblog. It sounds sweet, so much atmosphere.... This really makes me wanna be a able to record my own stuff, which I cant...
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    thanks. i still need to record the vocals and get the bass put down on that one.

i'm going to start working on the brand new one tonight. i need to create a good percussion loop first though.
  • congrats greggo - I know how awesome that feels. I didn't write any lyrics for about 6 months after getting back to Chicago and then I wrote a poem and some lyrics within a week or two of each other. when I finally pick up the guitar again (after a few months hiatus) I hope to have some cool ideas...

I'm glad you're back to music now babe...

ames
  • El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    Congrats! The one on your blog sounds great
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way