Options

i just got this idea for a pedal.

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited September 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
a loop selector/combiner that would let you choose between two effect loops and 4 options.

loop A only
loop A then loop B (series)
loop B then loop A (series)
loop B only

i wonder if it can be done. or maybe it already has?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    i think line 6 has something like that. if i understand this right
    MSG 2 - 03
    Ed Sullivan Theater - 06
    Irving Plaza - 06
    Albany - 06
    Hartford - 06
    East Rutherford 1 & 2 - 06
    San Francisco 1 & 2 - 06
    Bonnaroo - 08
    MSG 1 & 2 - 08
    Hartford - 08
    Mansfield 1 - 08
  • Options
    there are lots of programmable loop controllers. voodoo lab makes one called the ground control i think.

this would just be a simple 2 loop system the size of a normal pedal. and cheap.
  • Options
    doesn't seem too hard. i'll try to make one.
    my life...you electrify my life. let's conspire to reignite...all the souls that would die just feel alive.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    A company called super looper has built one before but they are build to order, they can make what ever you want with 10 loops if you want it the also have add on's like tuner mutes A-B switches etc. and any number of LED's and colors to tell which is which.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    yeah, i was thinking something a lot simpler just for my board. just to swap the order of the distortion effects and the time effects etc. it would only cost a few dollars to make and be the size of a normal box.

i realized last night that the circuit i had in my head won't work. i wanted to use two stomps and a toggle but i think now i'll just use a 4-way or 5-way toggle.

my ls-2 can't do what i have in my head.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Electronics are fun though, pretty much if you can dream it and adapt it, you can make it so.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    last night, we went and bought the materials for my new pedalboard. cost us $40 canadian for the wood, hardware, handles and fabric. so, soon, i'll have a 32x16 board with a 21x6 second tier all covered in funky tweed couch upholstery that sticks to velcro hooks.

but the point of this is, i also bought a few electrical junction boxes to house gadgets i may or may not get around to making.