Pearl Jam Super Bowl Board (win PJ stuff!) -- Revised / Official Rules

Comments

• walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    bump
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
    i will put up WEMBLEY ARENA 29/5/2000 OFFICIAL BOOT ...

Ringo has already pledged that boot. Can you choose something else?

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • msujammermsujammer Posts: 173
    I'll put in my CCFA posters if no one objects. Both posters, cut version.

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/43093
    11/3/00 Boise 5/28/03 Missoula 6/15/03 Fargo 8/29/05 Missoula 9/4/05 Calgary 7/22/06 Gorge 7/23/06 The Gorge 7/18/08 9/21/09 Seattle 9/22/09 Seattle 5/3/10 Kansas City 9/3/11 Alpine Valley 9/4/11 Alpine Valley 9/30/12 Missoula
    edited. 18 down, 7 spots left!

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Ringo has already pledged that boot. Can you choose something else?

ok how about HAMBURG 26/6/00 ...OFFICIAL BOOT
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    ok how about HAMBURG 26/6/00 ...OFFICIAL BOOT

That works!

19 spots taken, 6 left.

That works!

19 spots taken, 6 left.

cool i'm in then ...
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    WOW!!! I am really going to enjoy this package we are putting together!! Thanks in advance for all the cools stuff guys/gals!! ;)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,686
    I hope I'm not too late!

I pledge NY, NY 7/9/03.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,610
    I'm in

Winner's choice:
    Jones Beach 8/25/00 or State College PA 5/3/03 both official.
    URthekey wrote:
    I'm in

Winner's choice:
    Jones Beach 8/25/00 or State College PA 5/3/03 both official.

Since someone has already pledged the Jones Beach boot, I put you in for State College, PA.

We now have 21 spots taken, only 4 to go!

If anyone objects to any of the items people have pledged, please let us know a.s.a.p. Otherwise, this board becomes official when the last four people sign up.

• URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,610
    Since someone has already pledged the Jones Beach boot, I put you in for State College, PA.

That's the better of the two anyway, imo.
    bump

Monday morning bump

• Solat13 wrote:
    Yep, it's one of the best early vids. I'd given it to a number of people on the board and never gotten a complaint.

I can throw in another one too if you want like the Mural Ampitheater show as well.

Here's Breath from it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyz2A6wkV80

This is what I consider an excellent quality DVD boot...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC7PKJLsHcs

Not this....

Nothing else to offer? :)
  • ringoringo Posts: 504
    So it looks like all of the spots are full and we're just waiting for a few more people to let us know what they are offering up?

I'm looking forward to this pool even more than the cash pools I'm in!
    d'oh
  • ringo wrote:
    So it looks like all of the spots are full and we're just waiting for a few more people to let us know what they are offering up?

This is a damn fine idea.......much more excited as well!!!
    This is a damn fine idea.......much more excited as well!!!

Agreed.

Hey walkunafraid, me thinks something similar should be done for March Madness ;)
    d'oh
    This is what I consider an excellent quality DVD boot...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC7PKJLsHcs

Not this....

Nothing else to offer? :)

I am fine with either....That second one is a VERY GOOD early vid. I have no problem with this....Lets not turn this into a quality issue. I say, take whatever is in the package and if something isnt up to par, just give it away. If we start getting into qulaity of vids, this will turn into something bad. Someones idea of good may not be the same as yours. Either way if he/she things it is good, let them submit it and just be okay with it. Just my opinion. We shouldnt really even go down this road..... Dont want this to be ANYTHING but fun ...:) Agreed???

Walkunafraid...It is your call......

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • I am fine with either....That second one is a VERY GOOD early vid. I have no problem with this....Lets not turn this into a quality issue. I say, take whatever is in the package and if something isnt up to par, just give it away. If we start getting into qulaity of vids, this will turn into something bad. Someones idea of good may not be the same as yours. Either way if he/she things it is good, let them submit it and just be okay with it. Just my opinion. We shouldnt really even go down this road..... Dont want this to be ANYTHING but fun ...:) Agreed???

Agreed, I dont want to ruin anyones fun.......
    I am fine with either....That second one is a VERY GOOD early vid. I have no problem with this....Lets not turn this into a quality issue. I say, take whatever is in the package and if something isnt up to par, just give it away. If we start getting into qulaity of vids, this will turn into something bad. Someones idea of good may not be the same as yours. Either way if he/she things it is good, let them submit it and just be okay with it. Just my opinion. We shouldnt really even go down this road..... Dont want this to be ANYTHING but fun ...:) Agreed???

I wanted to make this JUST official boots so that this issue wouldn't come up. However, since not everybody has official boots they can offer, I opened it up to other things as well.

To me, it is only fair that if anybody has a problem with anything pledged that is not an official boot, they should be able to state their opinion and have that item removed. It's not really fair for someone to sign up pledging a boot and then feel that someone else is offering something that is not at least equal in terms of value.

That being said, I would really love it if I won and were to get a DVD of the quality mentioned above. I know it's not perfect, but it looks very cool to me.

But...if ofthegirl99 sticks to the opinion that it's not equal in terms of value, I'm going to have to get rid of it from the pool. I'm personally hoping that ofthegirl99 will change his/her mind (and it looks like he/she already might be), but ultimately I have to be fair to everybody.

And yes, it would make it much more fun for everybody if none of these conflicts came up, but I understand why they might.

So it's now ofthegirl99's call...let me know when you decide.

ringo wrote:

Not necessarily. I learned long ago that people who express interest in something do not always follow through when it comes down to it.

Thus, ANYBODY can still sign up. The next four who pledge something are in, regardless of whether their name is on the list right now or not.

I wanted to make this JUST official boots so that this issue wouldn't come up. However, since not everybody has official boots they can offer, I opened it up to other things as well.

To me, it is only fair that if anybody has a problem with anything pledged that is not an official boot, they should be able to state their opinion and have that item removed. It's not really fair for someone to sign up pledging a boot and then feel that someone else is offering something that is not at least equal in terms of value.

That being said, I would really love it if I won and were to get a DVD of the quality mentioned above. I know it's not perfect, but it looks very cool to me.

But...if ofthegirl99 sticks to the opinion that it's not equal in terms of value, I'm going to have to get rid of it from the pool. I'm personally hoping that ofthegirl99 will change his/her mind (and it looks like he/she already might be), but ultimately I have to be fair to everybody.

And yes, it would make it much more fun for everybody if none of these conflicts came up, but I understand why they might.

That is why you are the commish!! I agree, and just for the record, I wasnt saying that I thought ofthegirl99 was wrong in her opinion, I was merely trying to keep this from becoming an issue and turning this fun time into a bitchfest....:) I think she knows that as well!!

Just send it all to me anyhow...I am gonna win!! ;)

• I wanted to make this JUST official boots so that this issue wouldn't come up. However, since not everybody has official boots they can offer, I opened it up to other things as well.

Play ball!
    no doubt let's keep the fun in this ,so now let's get another 4 peeps to get in on this should we start a "we need four more people to complete the pool" thread ? i mean we need this done soon no ? or can it work with the amount of people we allready have ?? ...
    no doubt let's keep the fun in this ,so now let's get another 4 peeps to get in on this should we start a "we need four more people to complete the pool" thread ? i mean we need this done soon no ? or can it work with the amount of people we allready have ?? ...

Ideally we want 25 people so everyone gets 4 squares and there are no blanks.

C'mon folks, fill up those last 4 spots.
    d'oh
    ringo wrote:
    Ideally we want 25 people so everyone gets 4 squares and there are no blanks.

C'mon folks, fill up those last 4 spots.

There arent going to be blanks...He said if there were only 20 people, it would be 5 squares each....:)

Do you all want my address now, or after the game??? :)

There arent going to be blanks...He said if there were only 20 people, it would be 5 squares each....:)

Do you all want my address now, or after the game??? :)

But there WILL be blanks if there are 21-24 people (we have 21 now).

I can't give 5 squares each if there are 21 people (21 x 5 = 105) because there are only 100 squares on the board.

So YES, please help recruit 4 more people!

(Oh, and I'll collect addresses AFTER the board is filled up!)

But there WILL be blanks if there are 21-24 people (we have 21 now).

I can't give 5 squares each if there are 21 people (21 x 5 = 105) because there are only 100 squares on the board.

So YES, please help recruit 4 more people!

(Oh, and I'll collect addresses AFTER the board is filled up!)

Sorry, I need to read updates. I thought we only needed one more to get 20!! Sorry!!

• msujammermsujammer Posts: 173
    Bump to get it off the second page.
    11/3/00 Boise 5/28/03 Missoula 6/15/03 Fargo 8/29/05 Missoula 9/4/05 Calgary 7/22/06 Gorge 7/23/06 The Gorge 7/18/08 9/21/09 Seattle 9/22/09 Seattle 5/3/10 Kansas City 9/3/11 Alpine Valley 9/4/11 Alpine Valley 9/30/12 Missoula