Options

Pearl Jam Super Bowl Board (win PJ stuff!) -- Revised / Official Rules

walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
edited January 2008 in The Porch
Ok, it looks like enough people responded in the original thread to make this game happen. I am creating this new thread to avoid confusion for those who already posted. For those who haven't seen this yet, here's the idea:

This game is a Super Bowl board (or pool, whatever you want to call it). The board is essentially a grid of numbers from 0-9. Each person who enters will receive a Patriots number and a Giants number (for example, Patriots 7, Giants 2). If the final score for each team ends in your numbers (for example, Patriots 27-Giants 12, or Giants 42-Patriots 37, etc.), then you are the winner of the board.

To make this a Pearl Jam board, the cost of playing will not be money, but rather a Pearl Jam 2000 or 2003 official bootleg. So, if you are the winner, every other participant will have to send you the Pearl Jam bootleg they pledge in this thread.

Here are the official, detailed rules for the game:

1. You must be 21 or over to play!

2. The amount of entries (numbers) each participant gets will depend on how many people sign up for the game. I will divide 100 by the number of participants entered and that's how many entries each will receive. For example, if 25 people join, that means each person will get 4 entries. If the number does not divide evenly into 100, then there will be a few blank spots on the board...and if those blank spots are the final numbers in the game, nobody will win.

3. Numbers for the board will be chosen at random. Basically, I will put every participant's name in a hat, once for each entry per participant (so in the above scenario, each person's name would go in four times). Then, I will go along the board and pull out names one by one, and fill out the board as I go along (the first name will get 0-0, the second 0-1, the third 0-2, etc.). This is the best way I can think of to do this; if anyone has a different suggestion, let me know.

4. You must have more than 50 posts as of 1/24/08 to enter. That ensures that you have at least made some sort of contribution to the board and are not just registering for the sake of participating.

5. You MUST pledge an OFFICIAL PJ bootleg when you sign up. That means no burned copies; I want to make this worthwhile for us collectors! If you don't have any OFFICIAL PJ boots, you can offer something of equal or greater value (a poster, DVD, etc.), and we can collectively decide whether to let you in or not.

Once somebody has pledged a specific boot, please do not repeat the same show. I would prefer that whoever wins gets a variety of different boots, not a number of the same ones.

6. If you enter, you MUST pay up, provided that you lose. There's no way I can enforce this except to promise to slander your name all over this board and make sure nobody ever trades with you if you don't follow through, but I have enough faith in PJ fans to not even have to think about that. :)

When the game is over, the winner will send me his/her address and I will pass that on via PM to every other participant. Please be committed to sending the boot you pledge to the winner within a week after the game ends.

7. There will only be one overall winner -- the person with the correct numbers at the end. Although others suggested winners for each quarter, I think it would be too complicated to decide how the boots would be split up in that instance. Also, I'd prefer to only have to handle one address rather than four different ones to different people.

8. Sign-ups for the game will end on Tuesday, 1/29 or when 25 people sign up (whichever happens first). That will give me a few days to make the board and find a place to host it for everyone to see.

If anyone has any problems with these rules, or anything that's need to be added, please let me know.

As of now, these are the people who have signed up to play:

1. walkunafraid (me) -- Seattle, Washington 11/6/2000 (#72)
2. pjtradeking -- 12-2-06 Hawaii (DVD)
3. BlackCorduroy -- Jones Beach 8/25/00
4. DirtyYellowOcean -- Fargo ND '03
5. Josevolution -- HAMBURG 26/6/00
6. Ofthegirl99 -- Dallas 10.17.2000 #58
7. LoveBoatCapt0226 -- 3/3/ 2003 Tokyo Japan
8. URthekey -- State College PA 5/3/03
9. ReleaseMe -- Long Island. Nassau Colesieum. '03
10. Ringo -- London 5/29/00
11. Solat13 -- the Trocadero in Philly vcd 4/10/92
12. faithful227 -- Virginia Beach, Virginia / August 3, 2000 / #26
13. adissident -- #10 Perth 2003
14. Jamilyman -- Philadelphia 10/3/2005 (DVD)
15. meme -- tenclub sports bag
16. SteveDunne -- August 6, 2000 Paris France
17. NCIrie -- 8-4-00 Charlotte, NC
18. pearljim -- 2000-06-28 Stockholm Sweden, show #24
19. Tangerine -- Vic Preset DVD and the Lolla 07 DVD
20. msujammer -- CCFA Gorge posters
21. rrivers -- 7/9/03 NY official boot
22. skere26 -- Atlanta bootleg 8/7/2000
23. raystrey -- Portland CCFA poster
24. pjscreamer -- Cardiiff offical tour Boot 6/6/00

I need everyone above to post in here letting us know what boot they will be putting in to the pot. Anyone who is not signed up but wants to play, just post, and I will add your name to the list. I will be updating the list above as boots and names are added.
Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    okay, i'll start this off...i'm pledging a gem of a show, a 3-disc masterpiece:

Seattle, Washington 11/6/2000 (#72)

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    bump

• Options
    gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    i'm under 21 :/
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,705
    Hey I'd lopve to play, have only got a complete set of 2000 and 2003 shows and no spares, but will do my best to get one bought before the cut off time..
  • Options
    Dallas 10.17.2000 #58
  • Options
    #10 Perth 2003
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    I AM IN...I AM IN!!! I will let you know which boot after I get home...not sure which one yet....

Edit your post...I am not pulling out of anything.....er.....well, you know what I mean!! ;)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    Jones Beach 8/25/00
  • Options
    JamilyManJamilyMan Posts: 240
    you would accept a DVD of a show instead of an official boot.

I will have a friend duplicate the Philadelphia 10/3/2005 show and send that - if this is permissable.

Thanks
    For those who scoff at "Jamily" in my name... 9 years ago, when my first daughter was born there were jokes about whether my priority would be my family or PJ. I smiled and quipped "I am a JamilyMan." What was a family joke became a hated term among jammers. Didn't see that one coming!
  • Options
    ringoringo Posts: 504
    3. Numbers for the board will be chosen at random. Basically, I will put every participant's name in a hat, once for each entry per participant (so in the above scenario, each person's name would go in four times). Then, I will go along the board and pull out names one by one, and fill out the board as I go along (the first name will get 0-0, the second 0-1, the third 0-2, etc.). This is the best way I can think of to do this; if anyone has a different suggestion, let me know.

This is just as random but it would allow you to fill out the board first then assign numbers. Put everyones name in a hat like you said and draw the names and fill out the board left to right. Then put the numbers 0-9 in a hat (same one or different hat if you don't like mixing names and numbers in your hats, personally I would never mix names and numbers in the same hat, that's just bad mojo :D) and draw the numbers for the Pats then Giants or vice versa. I'm not really trying to tell what to do, this would allow some flexibility on your part. ;)
    5. You MUST pledge an OFFICIAL PJ bootleg when you sign up. That means no burned copies; I want to make this worthwhile for us collectors! If you don't have any OFFICIAL PJ boots, you can offer something of equal or greater value (a poster, DVD, etc.), and we can collectively decide whether to let you in or not.

Oh wow, I thought we were doing copies of the Official boots. I guess I could live with a copy of one of my boots but that drastically limits the number of shows I have to offer.

Would anyone object to burned copies? I wouldn't mind getting a slew of copies if won.

Either way, I'll pay to play. I need to double check the Official boots that I have when I get home, I'll post what I pledge either tonight of this weekend.
    d'oh
  • Options
    JamilyMan wrote:

I will have a friend duplicate the Philadelphia 10/3/2005 show and send that - if this is permissable.

Thanks

I didn't realize that we weren't doing burned copies either... so I'd prefer to send a DVD if that's possible. I have a bunch, I could throw in a few.

edit- and no i wouldn't object to burned copies :)
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Hey I'd lopve to play, have only got a complete set of 2000 and 2003 shows and no spares, but will do my best to get one bought before the cut off time..

Okay. Post here when/if you find something.

• Options
    Not to be the poor sport, but we could just download any "copies" we wanted, I like the thrill of someone possibly getting 19 official boots.

Just my thoughts
  • Options
    JamilyMan wrote:

Thanks

I would definitely be cool with a DVD instead of an official boot, but if the rest of the participants object, then I'm going to have to remove you.

I'll add you to the list for now...if anyone has problems with people submitting DVD's instead of official boots, post here. Just one objection is enough for me to say NO.

• Options
    ringo wrote:
    This is just as random but it would allow you to fill out the board first then assign numbers. Put everyones name in a hat like you said and draw the names and fill out the board left to right. Then put the numbers 0-9 in a hat (same one or different hat if you don't like mixing names and numbers in your hats, personally I would never mix names and numbers in the same hat, that's just bad mojo :D) and draw the numbers for the Pats then Giants or vice versa. I'm not really trying to tell what to do, this would allow some flexibility on your part. ;)

Sounds good. That's what I'll do.

Oh wow, I thought we were doing copies of the Official boots. I guess I could live with a copy of one of my boots but that drastically limits the number of shows I have to offer.

Would anyone object to burned copies? I wouldn't mind getting a slew of copies if won.

Either way, I'll pay to play. I need to double check the Official boots that I have when I get home, I'll post what I pledge either tonight of this weekend.

Sorry, I'm not okay with burned copies of boots. It just seems like you can find most boots for download on the download/share thread, or somewhere else, so those just don't do it for me.

I am cool with burned DVD's, so I am saying yes to those; however, if anyone else objects, I will have to say no to those as well.

• Options
    Not to be the poor sport, but we could just download any "copies" we wanted, I like the thrill of someone possibly getting 19 official boots.

Just my thoughts

My thoughts exactly.

• Options
    I would definitely be cool with a DVD instead of an official boot, but if the rest of the participants object, then I'm going to have to remove you.

I'll add you to the list for now...if anyone has problems with people submitting DVD's instead of official boots, post here. Just one objection is enough for me to say NO.

Actually, I have no need for DVD's unless the quality is excellent....Ive listened to enough terrible audience audio boots in my life, I really dont need to "see" them as well.....IF the quality is great Im all for it, otherwise lets think of something else....its the Superbowl people, c'mon lets get some high stakes going!
  • Options
    Sorry, I'm not okay with burned copies of boots. It just seems like you can find most boots for download on the download/share thread, or somewhere else, so those just don't do it for me.

I am cool with burned DVD's, so I am saying yes to those; however, if anyone else objects, I will have to say no to those as well.

Fair enough, count me in for an Official boot (TBD).

And I completely agree with ofthegirl99, burned DVD's need to be of the utmost quality or they are just not worth it.
    d'oh
  • Options
    alright keep me down for the official bootleg of Jones Beach 8/25/00
    i might just throw in a random DVD with it:)
  • Options
    Okay, as requested by other members of this board, any DVD's submitted must be of extremely good quality (both video and sound). If you pledged a DVD and it does not live up to this requirement, please let me know so I can remove you from the board!

• Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    I can't part from any of my official boots :o. Would an 06 cleveland poster get me in? Or the yellow and green tenclub sports bag? Or the green devil hoodie? Let me know :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    meme wrote:
    I can't part from any of my official boots :o. Would an 06 cleveland poster get me in? Or the yellow and green tenclub sports bag? Or the green devil hoodie? Let me know :)

I would be fine with that
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    I would be fine with that

As would I...Could end up being kind of a hodge podge....It is all up to walkunafraid though.
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    meme wrote:

I think we're all okay with any one of those, although I would say not the hoodie, just because who knows what size the person who wins will be.

If you could choose between the poster and the sports bag, and let us know which one you want to pledge, I'll add you to the list. :)

• Options
    I would except posters in the prize package but clothes could be iffy unless it's a one size fits all.

I'm offering up London 5/29/00.
    d'oh
  • Options
    i guess i can part with my cincy boot......

hehehehehehehehe...............
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    DiRtYyELLoWoCeAnDiRtYyELLoWoCeAn Medford, Ma Posts: 1,605
    Im in I will choose my boot over the weekend! This is a GREAT idea BTW! Rock on!
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

• Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    I think we're all okay with any one of those, although I would say not the hoodie, just because who knows what size the person who wins will be.

If you could choose between the poster and the sports bag, and let us know which one you want to pledge, I'll add you to the list. :)

I pledge the sports bag :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Hey Walkin...git off yer ass and make it a 4 quarter game! We haven't had 'Survivor' in weeks and it's driving us NVTS NUTS!!!!! What the hell have you been doing with all of this free time??? :D

Count me in!

Pearl Jam Official Boot - August 6, 2000 Paris France
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    updated info. this is looking good!

i'm going to cap the game at 25 people (thus, 4 squares per person); however, those will be the first 25 to not only post that they want in, but who actually let us know what they are going to pledge.

so, if you haven't decided on your boot yet, do it as soon as you can!