ELITIST FUK
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Tree, :hug:
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

Two years clean and sober. As of right now.. Two years ago, I looked at a full can of beer in disgust.. I turned and begged God for help.. I was desolate, alone, and hopeless. Then, in just keeping my focus on God, and not my circumstances... Two years passed!

You guys' friendship has also been a huge part of that journey!! You all still love me, even
    Though I talk about God all the time, instead of PJ

Aw Tree...I certainly don't mind, plus you mix it up pretty well =)

And really, if faith has helped you to get past and through what you need(ed) to, then so be it.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    hedonist said:

Two years clean and sober. As of right now.. Two years ago, I looked at a full can of beer in disgust.. I turned and begged God for help.. I was desolate, alone, and hopeless. Then, in just keeping my focus on God, and not my circumstances... Two years passed!

You guys' friendship has also been a huge part of that journey!! You all still love me, even

And really, if faith has helped you to get past and through what you need(ed) to, then so be it.
    Theres no one singular way to get and stay sober.. However it happens is a good thing.

Hedo, faith is a most necessary component imo. Only question is , faith in what? For me its the power contained in the 12 steps and the higher power I was reintroduced to and later the undescribable power in one person helping another.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:

hedonist said:

Theres no one singular way to get and stay sober.. However it happens is a good thing.

Hedo, faith is a most necessary component imo. Only question is , faith in what? For me its the power contained in the 12 steps and the higher power I was reintroduced to and later the undescribable power in one person helping another.
    Would it be wrong for me to say "amen to that"? I do agree, mickey - whatever, and whomever, gets you there.
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Congrats, Tree. Two years! :triumph:
    10 years clean & sober today.
    Hobbes said:

:hug:
    Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    edited July 2016
    I just came across this thread...awesome that there is something like this around here that people have another common thing that binds people together besides the music

my confession...

I was sober 3.5 years and a little over a year ago "fell off the wagon" with alcohol...man can I tell you when they say "you pick up right where you left off"...so true...no right off the bat but eventually

keep up the good work people and no matter what the vice, please stay sober!

EDIT: just realized this hasn't been touched since 2008....hope everyone is well
    pjalive21 said:

I just came across this thread...awesome that there is something like this around here that people have another common thing that binds people together besides the music

my confession...

I was sober 3.5 years and a little over a year ago "fell off the wagon" with alcohol...man can I tell you when they say "you pick up right where you left off"...so true...no right off the bat but eventually

keep up the good work people and no matter what the vice, please stay sober!

EDIT: just realized this hasn't been touched since 2008....hope everyone is well

You fell off over a year ago. How are you today? I hope you are doing well.

• SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Hobbes said:

ELITIST FUK
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    Hobbes said:

The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Hobbes! :joy:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    The biggest fuzzy tiger hug for Hobbes today!
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Happy sober birthday Hobbes!
  • LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    Big hugs and congradulation! So happy for you
    Bumpin' this for Shannon!
    edited September 2016
    former member here "i shit and i stink" celebrates 7 years today.

its been my honor and pleasure to walk this path with him from halfway round the world. in fact I believe its helped me more than it has him.

I'll share this story in more detail later.

Congrats Tim and thank you.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Congrats to Tim!

I must say, his username is outstanding.
    Congrats Tim!!!!!!
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    Congrats Tim!!

Another crutch I'm working on is Marlboro's. Last one I smoked was on Feb 24th of this year, stopped cold turkey, and haven't touched one again yet, and pray I never do again. Was a smoker for 32 years up until then.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Congrats to all of you wonderful crew walking this path.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    :)
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    I haven't been on this thread in almost a year - congratulations to everyone who's celebrating - 1 year, 10 years, 2 years - you are all miracles and for those who have relapsed, welcome back! Also thank you to those who responded to my post - your support means the world to me.

I come and go - I'm dealing with PTSD right now and I haven't been on social media or really even left my house much in the past year (although I did finally see Pearl Jam! 3 times! Hampton, Not Raleigh, MSG2 and Fenway2 (and HOB screening with my mom!) . They were all part of my recovery from everything - leaving my comfort zone because i went solo to each - and however people enjoyed the shows, it was cool, I did it sober and they were amazing each time.

Hedonist, whispering hands, Hobbes, mickeyrat, deadendp and everyone else - I'm honored to be in your fine company. My anniversary is in a couple months and, god willing, I'll have 20 years. But just like everyone else I'm taking it one day at a time - having PTSD and other disorders are difficult but using would do nothing but impede my recovery. Sometimes it seems that life just keeps dropping shit bombs on you and it just doesn't end - I've lost my father, my brother, my sister, been in an abusive relationship, had my son brainwashed by the abuser, miscarried, and dealt with clinical depression, panic disorder and now PTSD due to horrific abuse over the past few years and I am no different than anyone else, we all have our burdens and if thrown on a table we would all take our own problems back because you become who you are as you go through difficult times. We are all strong, although it seems otherwise at times. The rooms were what finally got me sober and it is truly a miracle. I believe in a higher power, because I would be drinking right now if I was in charge of my sobriety.

Sorry I don't come by more but I am so glad that this thread exists. It works if you work it!!!! Hugs to you all.
    njnancy said:

I haven't been on this thread in almost a year - congratulations to everyone who's celebrating - 1 year, 10 years, 2 years - you are all miracles and for those who have relapsed, welcome back! Also thank you to those who responded to my post - your support means the world to me.

I come and go - I'm dealing with PTSD right now and I haven't been on social media or really even left my house much in the past year (although I did finally see Pearl Jam! 3 times! Hampton, Not Raleigh, MSG2 and Fenway2 (and HOB screening with my mom!) . They were all part of my recovery from everything - leaving my comfort zone because i went solo to each - and however people enjoyed the shows, it was cool, I did it sober and they were amazing each time.

Hedonist, whispering hands, Hobbes, mickeyrat, deadendp and everyone else - I'm honored to be in your fine company. My anniversary is in a couple months and, god willing, I'll have 20 years. But just like everyone else I'm taking it one day at a time - having PTSD and other disorders are difficult but using would do nothing but impede my recovery. Sometimes it seems that life just keeps dropping shit bombs on you and it just doesn't end - I've lost my father, my brother, my sister, been in an abusive relationship, had my son brainwashed by the abuser, miscarried, and dealt with clinical depression, panic disorder and now PTSD due to horrific abuse over the past few years and I am no different than anyone else, we all have our burdens and if thrown on a table we would all take our own problems back because you become who you are as you go through difficult times. We are all strong, although it seems otherwise at times. The rooms were what finally got me sober and it is truly a miracle. I believe in a higher power, because I would be drinking right now if I was in charge of my sobriety.

Sorry I don't come by more but I am so glad that this thread exists. It works if you work it!!!! Hugs to you all.

You have no idea what perfect timing this is. It brings me comfort (not from your pain, but your words and outlook).

Big hug back across these many miles to you. Your resolve is admirable.
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    njnancy said:

Nancy, it is great to see you back here! And fantastic to read that you made it to a few PJ shows!! :clap: Despite what you may think or feel, you are doing an amazingly well. Please feel free to lean on this community...there are quite a few awesome people here.
    ELITIST FUK
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Thank you Hedonist and SD#'s!! I'm glad that I posted at a time that helped you somehow and there are some amazing people and some truly supportive threads in the forum and I find both of those qualities right here. I'd put a big smiley face if I could figure out how to get the emojis to work!!

And I'm so glad that I can finally say 'I saw Pearl Jam'. Each show had a different feel and I can't wait to see them again. I'm going to the gun violence thing in New York that Eddie's appearing at - and maybe I'll get lucky and get a pair of tickets for Global Citizen - my son wants to go with me - he's come to therapy with me for the last 3 weeks - I try to keep my expectations low, but my mother's heart hopes that this is a turning point for us.

Thanks for the love!!! It multiplies and goes back to all of you.
    Remember folks, if tomorrow or this weekend becomes overwhelming, go to a meeting or reach out. AA doesnt take a holiday. Neither does alcoholism or drug addiction.