Options

PJ Tattoos?

SwitchSwitch Posts: 119
edited December 2013 in The Porch
Does anybody have any PJ tattoos they want to share? I'm getting my first one soon (Alive Stickman on upper right arm), followed probably by the text off the scarab beetle on my upper left arm, 'Given To Fly ___ ..' across my back (Possibly with wings) and the hands off the cover off Ten Coming out my ankle, either up the side or up the back.

Also might get the inscriptions: I Am Mine; You think i got my eyes closed, i'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time; Throw Them In, All God's Dice (With image maybe), I will be there once more (With a wave) and probably a shit load more i'm contemplating :)

I want a lot of PJ inks :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    i've got a "vitalogy" tattoo on my upper left arm. exactly same print/style as on the vitalogy casing, only a little bit bigger.
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • Options
    I've seen umpteen hundred "stick man" tats. Have fun if you want to be a dime a dozen. Why not try for something original?
    "The legacy of Surrealism after 1968 must surely follow artists, writers, thinkers and activists who are committed to the power of the unconscious and to the imagination of other possible worlds."

- Alyce Mahon
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I've seen umpteen hundred "stick man" tats. Have fun if you want to be a dime a dozen. Why not try for something original?

Dude, you can get the stickman and still have it be original.... i have it on my left shoulder blade, with the surfboard logo soon to go in next to it across the middle of my back, and then getting a personal design added to my right shoulder blade..... the whole thing will be surrounded by a design which a traditional polynesian tattoo artist down in Byron Bay has come up with for me..... I definitely haven't seen anyone else with that, so I'd say it's original, no...?
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    check out this site: http://www.tattooedeverything.com . It's got loadsa stuff on there.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    Lukin4 wrote:
    Dude, you can get the stickman and still have it be original.... i have it on my left shoulder blade, with the surfboard logo soon to go in next to it across the middle of my back, and then getting a personal design added to my right shoulder blade..... the whole thing will be surrounded by a design which a traditional polynesian tattoo artist down in Byron Bay has come up with for me..... I definitely haven't seen anyone else with that, so I'd say it's original, no...?

If you say so, bro . . . you're still not convincing me!
    "The legacy of Surrealism after 1968 must surely follow artists, writers, thinkers and activists who are committed to the power of the unconscious and to the imagination of other possible worlds."

- Alyce Mahon
  • Options

Because i've wanted the stickman since i was 12. I've waited 6 years, and i still want it. Plus, no one around here has even heard of Pearl Jam.

That's like saying "Geez, everyone has Ten by Pearl Jam, why not buy something else?"
  • Options
    You should go and get it! I hope the artist will do you and do it justice! Good luck!

- Alyce Mahon
  • Options
    I have a sweet ass Alive man logo on my right shoulder.... (check it out in my pics on my myspace: http://www.myspace.com/gruftyzombie)

I also have seen a hundred and one Alive logos (including on my own boyfriends wrist!) but it didn't stop me going to get it done a week after I saw them for the first time last year, it marked one of the greatest days in my life so far. I found that when i saw them at Wembley, people were stopping me and saying how cool it was, how detailed, it's not proof of your love for the band but it is like universal recognition of being a fan.

I've had comments off people who don't even like or know the band that well, they ask what it is and when I explain, what's commented on is my dedication to the band, afterall a tattoo is a permenant scar that you will carry on your body for the rest of your life and I think that it yeah it might be the most common Pearl Jam tattoo but damn it! if you want it, get it!

I also have another 3 Pearl Jam tattoos planned, a Riot Act skull (again, nice and common!) on my right wrist, a red mosquito on my left wrist and a chest piece with the words 'Given to Fly' incorparated...

Tattoos are a very personal thing, your tattoos should not be dictated by what other people have.

I think it's a good thing that you've chosen to get an Alive logo done.... go for it man, you'll never look back.
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    This is what i think. The Alive logo to me, is NOT trying to copy other people, or be part of the crowd. To me, it is a badge of honour. I will be proud to support a mark that shows i belong as part of a unique group who are all as dedicated as i am.

I can't wait now :) I have drawn up more designs for future tat's (particularly assuming i go into a career that means that 'public' tattoos are accepted) and i don't have my 1st yet :)
  • Options
    gonmergonmer Posts: 2
    i have pearl jam on my left shoulder in the same writing as the coasters and blue surfie tour shirt. i also have a portrait of ed on my right shoulder and upper arm with "its evolution baby" written below it. finally on my left forearm i have the first verse of inside job .
  • Options
    PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
    I recently had "How I choose to feel is how I am" tattoed around my wrist. :)
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    gonmergonmer Posts: 2
    that would look really cool around the wrist. great idea.
  • Options
    siljosiljo Posts: 2,201
    I recently had "How I choose to feel is how I am" tattoed around my wrist. :)

nice one... can you upload a picture somewhere, I would like to take a look :)

btw, I have a stickman on my left shoulder....
    Standing on a hill, staring at a mountain...
  • Options

Dont get a tattoo just to be original. Just get something that has personal significance and that you are happy with. I have the stickman on my leg. I know there are a lot of people with the same tattoo but other than at PJ concerts, I have only ran into maybe 5 people with the tattoo. So its not like you'll be seeing stickman tats every where you go.
    4/30/03 Uniondale, NY
    7/8/03 MSG
    7/9/03 MSG
    7/14/03 Holmdel, NJ
    10/1/04 Reading Penn
    10/3/05 Philly
    5/13/06 Hartford, CT
    5/27/06 Camden, NJ aka Philly
    5/31/06 Storytellers Taping
    6/1/06 East Rutherford, NJ
    6/3/06 East Rutherford, NJ
    6/19/08 Camden, NJ
    6/24/08 MSG
    6/25/08 MSG
    6/27/08 Hartford, CT
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10-27-2009
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10-30-2009
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10-31-2009
    Hartford, CT 05-15-2010
    New York, New York 05-21-2010
    New York, New York 05-20-2010
    East Troy, Wisconsin 09-04-2011 (PJ20)
    East Troy, Wisconsin 09-03-2011 (PJ20)
    Philadelphia, PA 09-02-2012 (Made In America)
    Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
    Pittsburgh, PA 10-11-2013
    Buffalo, NY 10-12-2013
    Hartford, CT 10-25-2013
  • Options
    PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
    siljo wrote:
    nice one... can you upload a picture somewhere, I would like to take a look :)

btw, I have a stickman on my left shoulder....

Its still healing, so its not looking its best. Once it is, Ill get a pic of it. :)
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    BMoore09BMoore09 Posts: 177
    i got mine a few months ago. surfboard PJ logo

http://picasaweb.google.com/BMoore09/PearlJamTattooMiamiInk
    West Palm Beach I, WPB II, Tampa, New Orleans, Memphis, Nashville 2000
    West Palm Beach 2003
    Tampa 2003
    The VIC - Chicago 2007
    West Palm Beach 2008
    Tampa 2008
    Ed Solo 2008 NYC
    Philly 10/30/2009
    Columbus 2010
  • Options
    Mukluk4Mukluk4 Posts: 22
    I have the inside cover sketch of the boy holding a window without the song titles on my left arm.
  • Options
    THCTHC Posts: 525
    “Kept in a small bowl, the goldfish will remain small. With more space, the fish can grow double, triple, or quadruple its size.”
    -Big Fish
  • Options
    THC wrote:
    I really like the second one...VERY original!

Thanks, it needs some work though, some parts are a little blurry.
    Stop following me, I do not know where I am going.
  • Options
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    natalypjevnatalypjev Posts: 24
    ohhh I would like to do me a tatto, but I want one very pretty and feminine in my hips, if someone have a photo or ideas ... please tell me okey

see you soon :):)
    I love PJ from Chile :)
  • Options
    natalypjevnatalypjev Posts: 24
    if someone have a link or something where I can find photos of tatto of pearl jam I will be really grateful
    I love PJ from Chile :)
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    You know, if I got a tattoo it would be a PJ tattoo. I always thought I would get one with violets because violets remind me of courage. However, a PJ tattoo can be very simple and fun. It would be the stick figure wearing a skirt, and holding a travel mug of coffee. Speaking of PJ travel mugs . . . where are they?
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    natalypjev wrote:
    if someone have a link or something where I can find photos of tatto of pearl jam I will be really grateful
    http://www.tattooedeverything.com/
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    I had this one done about a month ago...but i'm getting the stickman one of these days ;-)
    On the pic i pretty much just had done it and the flash is "flashy" but you can still see it
    http://img372.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img3500kw2.jpg
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    Julien wrote:
    Dang! I like the one of the stick figure standing on top of the Jets logo. Loyalty, devotion, and yet . . . multi-tasking :D
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    I had this done today.

tattoo006-1.jpg
  • Options
    PJ SURF BOARD CROSS.... IS MINE COVERING MY WHOLE ENTIRE BACK....its so sick!!!!
  • Options
    mertmert Posts: 167
    Very cool tatts. I got this done in July. I don't know why I don't take a healed picture of it. :lol:

n543430178_3378106_2950-1.jpg

In memory of my momma... Lyrics are an obvious choice. I got it in a wave shape because waves suit PJ, and because part of my mom is in Lake Ontario (one of her favourite places)... Spirals on the letters just happened to work out. I had thought about getting the words done in a spiral, which is a feminine symbol, but decided against it, and the artist drew it with spirals without me even mentioning it! :)