Options

saddest pj song ever?

Comments

• Options
    hguz73hguz73 Posts: 245
    Thumbing My Way and of course Black and Release...from a personal perspective Around the Bend
  • Options
    what do you think is their saddest song eddie has written?

ive been listening to come back and this song like brings tears to my eyes.

well tell me what you think

Come Back, Black, Man Of The Hour.
    I'll be back
  • Options
    hhhmmm....kinda hard to think of sad when you listen to PJ...but for me I'd say Nothingman, and Off He Goes...cried to that one!
  • Options
    mfc22mfc22 Posts: 106
    only 1 person has metioned "around the bend". I totally agree that black and come back are very sad, but if you listen closely to the lyrics of around the bend it is a very, very dark song. anybody agree?
    ...if she's gone i can't go on feelin' 2 foot small...
  • Options
    "Footsteps" was definitely close to my heart and I'm not sure if I should admit it but when the cover of "Last Kiss" was released, it brought tears to my eye.

My all time saddest now is "Come Back" That song brought me to tears a few nights while in rehab.
  • Options
    Around the Bend and Long Road are great, especially during acoustic sets. Betterman could even be considered sad. Nothingman is great too!
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    By far it's 'Other Side' isn't it about the death of your other half, your wife or husband and the troubles you have soon after? Nothing is more sad than that!

t's not the same without you up here
    Can't find my wheels
    Your absence is what breeds this fear
    Warm breath and all it steals
    You can't know how it feels to be in here
    All the dark horse fields, befriendin' me
    Playin' ain't the same without you here
    We've come to hate the golden rule
    Cannot seem to make the dots connect
    The morning light don't show you near
    You can't know what it's like to bleed from here
    The blackened world grows white, it goes nowhere
    Oooh hoo..

Death ain't the same without you, dear
    I make the others run and hide
    New York streets seem to make it worse
    All this noise inside the quiet
    I can't hold on, the weight you bear
    My body's broken fast, please lift me up
    You can't know what it's like to be inside
    The fading melodies can't beat my need
    I'm not the same without you here
    How can I quit to be there
    Sit and stare
    Stare..
    Begging for a prayer
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    hands down, Come Back
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,746
    nothingman .. alway's brings me in tears :(
  • Options
    Dogman3Dogman3 Posts: 330
    Yellow Ledbetter makes me sad. The overall atmosphere. Just try listening to it, alone, at 3 AM in a dark room.
  • Options
    I have to really agree with black, sad, and come back. But I think Unemployable really hits home, The topic of that song is much more important then songs about loss and emotional breakdown because at its core its about survival. lt is about a man trying to do everything he can to make ends meet but is unable too at no fault of his own. I also think it really speaks truths about situations that many people are in today.
    '06- Irving Plaza (What a way to see my first PJ concert), Albany, Hartford, Camden I & II, East Rutherford I & II, Pittsburgh

'07- THE VIC!!!, Lollapalooza (Chicago)

'08- Virginia Beach, Camden I & II, Washington D.C., MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield I & II,
    EV NY I & II, Newark, DC I & II
  • Options
    smile05smile05 Posts: 600
    black
    1:Black 2:Corduroy 3:All Those Yesterdays 4:I Got ID 5:Smile

They can buy but cant put on my clothes
    Throw down my ace in the hole~~~~~~

Let's go for three in a row, no sorry i can't think of anything thats not funny. - Paul Merton

London96,Manchester00,Berlin06,London07
  • Options
    Wow... can't believe this song makes it on the "saddest ever" thread, but not the "best lines ever" or "best song ever" thread. Personally... as you can see by my username... best PJ song ever! Of course, this is just my opinion. Anyway... not to split hairs or anything, but Eddie didn't write this song. It was written by Jeff. I think it's discussed in the Lost Dogs booklet that accompanies the disc. I think he wrote it for his parents, but don't quote me on that one. I also think that it was to be released on the Riot Act disc, but for whatever reason... never made it.
  • Options
    for me it has to be come back, first time i heard that song i listened whilst reading the lyrics and just thought it was incredible. Immagine in cornice version is special also, Mike plays nothing unit the very end, as if to say good job guys but im gunna take this song to another level all together oooo, oooo, ooooo, ooooo, ooooo, oooooo, oooooo, ooooooo, ooooohhaoooo!
    'Life comes from within your heart and desire'

~~Wembley 2000, Reading 2006, Paris 2006, Wembley 2007~~
  • Options
    seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,213
    come back
    footsteps
    black
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • Options
    I think Black and yellow ledbetter both makes me cry ,but I think footsteps ,indifference,too
    "You're the eve of my destruction in the garden of fears"
  • Options
    Pearl JamesPearl James Pittsburgh/Chicago Posts: 420
    yellow ledbetter makes me cry, when im sitting in my room late at night, and I listen to this song, it makes me cry cuz it makes the world worth living out of no where
  • Options
    knittedknitted Posts: 244
    black...long road...i got shit...all or none...light years...arc and... ghost! "love is deep/dig it out/standing in a hole alone" - that just slayed me the first time i heard it. i find all of riot act kinda sad.
    http://www.sublime-retro.net

when my ears ring, my heart beats
  • Options
    I can't believe no one else has said "Inside Job." The first time I ever heard that song it just really got to me...
  • Options
    Light Years. It carries something sad without holding the typical dark shades. I always thought that it was about some kind of genius who could work out formulaes and riddles but couldn't understand why his loved one left. Which I think is more touching than something as obvious as death or fighting.
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    LaPaz wrote:
    untitled (i'm still here)
    That is my pick too.
  • Options
    urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    I'm Still Here is amazingly moving. I can't listen to it without a lump in my throat....It gets me every time and yet I still play it...

I'm with the person who finds Riot Act sad...You Are and Thumbing My Way...
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    FitzFitz Posts: 169
    Love Boat Captain for me, it simply sends the shivers. I know it makes a reference to Roskilde but is it actually about that?
    "First of all, there’s the palpable camaraderie and good feeling you get from the entire band as they smile and nod at each other, and huddle together in various formations throughout the show --- They look like they really like each other. They look stoked!"
  • Options
    Yesssss, I'm Still Here was a time of great agreement for me. I was going through the same sort of thing, and even on the first time I heard it, I was able to say "But I'm still here" at the same time as Ed. I got one of those depressed kicks out of that, kind of smirking at it. Probably the first time I actually couldn't sleep because of a problem.
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
  • Options
    deadnotedeadnote Posts: 1,678
    layne stayley song
    set your laughter free

dreamer in my dream

we got the guns

i love you,but im..............callin out.........callin out
  • Options
    Carlos DCarlos D Posts: 638
    Sleight of Hand and Hold On.Both mean a lot to me,they're both(to me anyways) about a guy trying to just keep himself going through a difficult time in his life in the hope that things will get better in the future if he just hangs in there.They're quite sad songs on the surface bu the more I listen to them the more hopeful they become.The sad part being I guess 'He found himself staring down at his own hands not remembering the change not recalling the plan'.
    It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
    But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Options
    _Crazy_Mary__Crazy_Mary_ Posts: 1,299
    For me, Nothingman is the saddest song. It's so lonely.
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    Kenny Olav wrote:
    it's Come Back

i usually can't listen to it because... i'll fucking cry! if i ever, heaven forbid, lost my fiancee, that song is exactly expresses how I would feel.

off he goes!
    danny d
  • Options
    mak.mak. Posts: 56
    Come Back
    Thumbing My Way
    Untitled/I’m Still Here/Be Sound
    Footsteps
    Release
    roll them high...
    throw them again...
  • Options