Fake Posters

2»

Comments

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381

Obviously not using Facebook is the ultimate way to put an end to it. 

However you can't flip a switch and all of a sudden FB has no users. That will take time, and let's be realistic, probably won't happen.

But what can be done in the meantime, short-term? 
    I know what can be done, the band releases more posters. Band makes more money, artist makes more money. Problem solved. Fake shit is everywhere from sunglasses to purses to jerseys, it ain’t stopping. 
    They've been printing more posters as of late.

If they were to go back and reprint posters I would moxt likely just sell all of mine and not bother anymore.

How about this?  10C prints variant versions of the posters.  People don't seem to have any trouble buying coke color or blue swirl color versions of the album Ten that was sold more than 25 years ago.   Have it made to order.

I hate reprinted baseball cards so I wouldn't like this either...

I may be in the minority, who knows?!?
    Totally agree with you.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926

However you can't flip a switch and all of a sudden FB has no users. That will take time, and let's be realistic, probably won't happen.

I know what can be done, the band releases more posters. Band makes more money, artist makes more money. Problem solved. Fake shit is everywhere from sunglasses to purses to jerseys, it ain’t stopping. 

If they were to go back and reprint posters I would moxt likely just sell all of mine and not bother anymore.

How about this?  10C prints variant versions of the posters.  People don't seem to have any trouble buying coke color or blue swirl color versions of the album Ten that was sold more than 25 years ago.   Have it made to order.

Agreed. Original or bust for me. 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    All comes down to motivations.  Do people want art to hang onto their walls and remind them of the show, or do they want it because it is rare and worth a lot. 
  • mcgruff10 said:

Wouldn’t be the same as buying a reprinted Van Gogh or Picasso in an art store for $25?
    Both of which I'm not buying either.

• All comes down to motivations.  Do people want art to hang onto their walls and remind them of the show, or do they want it because it is rare and worth a lot. 
    Why not all 3?
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    All comes down to motivations.  Do people want art to hang onto their walls and remind them of the show, or do they want it because it is rare and worth a lot. 
    All of the above. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I thought this was referring to some users here... :whistle:

We have ones from the shows we've attended, purchased at the venue.  No muss and just a little fuss.
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    Probably a manager at Staples
  • LukinAtULukinAtU Posts: 691
    Print more originals
  • willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298

Ya, I get the "do not buy fakes"

but I also can see how some folks cant afford to pay the market price and went to the show. They just want a bloody poster to put on their wall.

• buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I like print tobe signed by the artist ;)
  • SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
    Please report illegal merch to the Ten Club. Thank you

This discussion has been closed.