Options

"I know they all look alike"

Comments

• Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    njnancy said:
    unsung said:
    Yawn.  Point proven.  Again.  Usual suspects.

I didn't use names, unlike the obession with some here.
    When you respond to me, and use the word YOU, a name isn't needed. It is implied. So don't put up your hands and say 'Not Me!'. 

It would be nice if you would respond at such length and with such passion when I have tried to have a back and forth with you instead of ignoring my responses/questions. It seems that it is only fun to respond directly when you feel you have been wronged.

When people with different opinions are attempting to intelligently and politely debate, there is a need for both sides to engage. If someone asks you a question, attempts to answer your question or asks where you are getting a meme or talking point it is helpful if you give a response. Reasoned debate usually doesn't progress when that request is met with either silence or feigned outrage. 

I'm not forcing anything upon you, I have as much right to post my opinion here as you do. Interesting that you have taken the most time I have seen in a long time to try and dress down the woman who expressed her frustration and true sadness over your lack of courtesy in discourse. But that seems to be the thing to do. Stir the pot and then be outraged, OUTRAGED when someone finally calls you on it.

I'd like to discuss the policies or points and not the person, so I'd appreciate it if some men on here could grow a thicker skin. It might make for a more interesting and less hostile debate. 

The problem isn't with any person's ideology; it is with the way in which they go about expressing it that causes others to become frustrated. But perhaps it would be better if I just do not engage with people who have no interest in reasoned debate. 

And I hold no ill will, even with someone such as yourself. 

Call me on it? That is calling me on it?  What is it?  Your policy of theft to fund your agenda?  

Outrage?  The only outrage is on your side.  I sleep soundly knowing your will will never change my life.

And yeah I was talking at YOU, that is what most internet forums code as "reply or quote".
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    edited November 2018
    unsung said:
    njnancy said:
    dignin said:
    "Mixed breeding". Is that some kind of white supremacist lingo?
    Yes, as is 'forced association'. 

Unsung pops in and posts or says something that is outright racist or controversial. He then leaves, ignores questions or demands answers for questions that any person of any political persuasion would find offensive and not worthy of answering. 

He used to post as a libertarian but it seems he has drank the Kool-Aid. If only for his inability to have an intelligent & respectful debate with anyone anymore. 

It is tiresome and SAD! to watch someone devolve.
    I'd say that my attendance here is really none of your business and my reasons why or why not as well.  

If you knew anything of Libertarian core principles you'd know that the following apply.

Do no harm but to prevent harm.
    All associations should be voluntary.
    Taxation is theft.  In other words you don't have any right to my labor, and vice versa.

Now while I no longer claim to be a Libertarian, I do still believe in those three points.  

Government is force.  I don't believe in forcing my beliefs, even on someone such as yourself, and therefore I will not have you force yours on me.

The common tactic that the left uses is to discredit the source, quickly followed by name calling and attacking the person with the opinion, instead of arguing the point.  Straight out of the Alinsky Communist playbook.

I'm not here to provide your research, not going to use your hijacked vocabulary either,  and really don't care of what you think of my attendance.  My attendance is voluntary.  I have been attacked here repeatedly and never give it a second thought, even by the guy that still lives in Mommy's basement 

You want an unsung AMA so that the stalking and screeching to my opinions can be isolated to one thread?  Easy enough to go back and see me devolve, huh?

Maybe you just want your echo chamber.  Get your safe space, huh?
    so you deride others as attacking the person, and then you proceed to:

-make fun of someone for living with their parents
    -parrot the right's stupid talking points "echo chamber" and "safe space". 

the hypocrisy is hilarious. 
    Add to the list of talking points ‘Alinsky’ and ‘screeching’. All shared on the internet which was built by the government apparently stealing money. 
    The cry of "Alinsky" come from a list that includes....

Paid crisis actors
    Virtue signalling
    Snowflakes
    Triggered
    Fake news
    Mixed breeding
    White genocide
    Govt. out to get you
    Etc
    When you are asked for the sourcing of a particular post, and this goes for anyone, you are not doing my research for me. You posted, you back it up. I'm not going to scour the web for you.

And I do not use 'hijacked vocabulary', whatever that is. I have a plentiful vocabulary without anyone's assistance. Even someone such as yourself.

Screeching and stalking were aimed at me I believe. You know, the crazed woman searching out someone's posts so she can ram her Commie thoughts down their throat. 

But there is no sexism. Nope. 
    Post edited by njnancy on
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,675
    KAT must be on vacation.  :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    unsung said:
    njnancy said:
    unsung said:
    Yawn.  Point proven.  Again.  Usual suspects.

I didn't use names, unlike the obession with some here.
    When you respond to me, and use the word YOU, a name isn't needed. It is implied. So don't put up your hands and say 'Not Me!'. 

It would be nice if you would respond at such length and with such passion when I have tried to have a back and forth with you instead of ignoring my responses/questions. It seems that it is only fun to respond directly when you feel you have been wronged.

When people with different opinions are attempting to intelligently and politely debate, there is a need for both sides to engage. If someone asks you a question, attempts to answer your question or asks where you are getting a meme or talking point it is helpful if you give a response. Reasoned debate usually doesn't progress when that request is met with either silence or feigned outrage. 

I'm not forcing anything upon you, I have as much right to post my opinion here as you do. Interesting that you have taken the most time I have seen in a long time to try and dress down the woman who expressed her frustration and true sadness over your lack of courtesy in discourse. But that seems to be the thing to do. Stir the pot and then be outraged, OUTRAGED when someone finally calls you on it.

I'd like to discuss the policies or points and not the person, so I'd appreciate it if some men on here could grow a thicker skin. It might make for a more interesting and less hostile debate. 

The problem isn't with any person's ideology; it is with the way in which they go about expressing it that causes others to become frustrated. But perhaps it would be better if I just do not engage with people who have no interest in reasoned debate. 

And I hold no ill will, even with someone such as yourself. 

Call me on it? That is calling me on it?  What is it?  Your policy of theft to fund your agenda?  

Outrage?  The only outrage is on your side.  I sleep soundly knowing your will will never change my life.

And yeah I was talking at YOU, that is what most internet forums code as "reply or quote".
    Did you reply to the man who agreed with me and has been around longer? You haven't responded to most of the inquiries made of you about your posts. Are you required to do so. No. Is it the respectable thing to do in the course of a debate. Yes. We all get to choose how we post. 

I am not outraged. I am not slightly piqued. But when someone tells me who they are, I believe them. If you wished to back your opinion and give some respect then maybe you'd get some back. 

Even someone such as yourself.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    njnancy said:
    unsung said:
    njnancy said:
    dignin said:

Unsung pops in and posts or says something that is outright racist or controversial. He then leaves, ignores questions or demands answers for questions that any person of any political persuasion would find offensive and not worthy of answering. 

He used to post as a libertarian but it seems he has drank the Kool-Aid. If only for his inability to have an intelligent & respectful debate with anyone anymore. 

I'd say that my attendance here is really none of your business and my reasons why or why not as well.  

If you knew anything of Libertarian core principles you'd know that the following apply.

Taxation is theft.  In other words you don't have any right to my labor, and vice versa.

Now while I no longer claim to be a Libertarian, I do still believe in those three points.  

Government is force.  I don't believe in forcing my beliefs, even on someone such as yourself, and therefore I will not have you force yours on me.

The common tactic that the left uses is to discredit the source, quickly followed by name calling and attacking the person with the opinion, instead of arguing the point.  Straight out of the Alinsky Communist playbook.

I'm not here to provide your research, not going to use your hijacked vocabulary either,  and really don't care of what you think of my attendance.  My attendance is voluntary.  I have been attacked here repeatedly and never give it a second thought, even by the guy that still lives in Mommy's basement 

You want an unsung AMA so that the stalking and screeching to my opinions can be isolated to one thread?  Easy enough to go back and see me devolve, huh?

Add to the list of talking points ‘Alinsky’ and ‘screeching’. All shared on the internet which was built by the government apparently stealing money. 

Paid crisis actors
    Virtue signalling
    Snowflakes
    Triggered
    Fake news
    Mixed breeding
    White genocide
    Govt. out to get you
    Etc
    When you are asked for the sourcing of a particular post, and this goes for anyone, you are not doing my research for me. You posted, you back it up. I'm not going to scour the web for you.

And I do not use 'hijacked vocabulary', whatever that is. I have a plentiful vocabulary without anyone's assistance. Even someone such as yourself.

Screeching and stalking were aimed at me I believe. You know, the crazed woman searching out someone's posts so she can ram her Commie thoughts down their throat. 

Actually I wasn't implying you but feel free to wave that flag.
  • Options
    unsung said:
    njnancy said:
    unsung said:
    njnancy said:
    dignin said:

Paid crisis actors
    Virtue signalling
    Snowflakes
    Triggered
    Fake news
    Mixed breeding
    White genocide
    Govt. out to get you
    Etc

Actually I wasn't implying you but feel free to wave that flag.
    Don't need anyone's permission, but thanks.
  • Options
    Never said you did.  
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,514
    unsung said:
    njnancy said:
    dignin said:

Nobody here can force their beliefs on your here, so accusing anyone of doing so on this board doesn't work.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    unsung said:
    Never said you did.  
    Uhm, 'feel free' must mean something different to you. 
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    unsung said:
    njnancy said:
    dignin said:

I think this is where I point out all the benefits you derive from services provided through taxation, and then you fail to recognize them or respond to the discussion. 
    Unsung, I don't think I've ever seen you really talk about what it would be like if the government didn't tax anyone. I'm seriously curious to know what you think such a world would look like. How would things like roads be built? What about law enforcement and other emergency services, the military, prisons, and all the other infrastructure and services now covered by tax revenue (aside from education and healthcare - I assume you think that should be completely left up to the free market ... scary, scary stuff)? Are you thinking every single service would be support by free market investment?? What if the economy collapses? Or what if the investments are just bad? Then what? And how would such complex bureaucracies maintain themselves in any kind of honest way while they're intertwined with the free market?
    And what about those things that are more easily waved off to the free market, like schools and hospitals... what options do you picture for the people who couldn't pay for such services with their income? What happens to them? Do they just never learn to read and then die in the streets? Are do the free market services act as charities too? What if those running the "businesses" choose not to provide such charity?
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    njnancy said:
    unsung said:
    Never said you did.  
    Uhm, 'feel free' must mean something different to you. 
    Chalk it up to offering some encouragement, not permission.

And no I am not saying that you need it.  
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    Shush!! I'm busy using my policy of theft to fund my agenda. 
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    unsung said:
    njnancy said:
    dignin said:

Nobody here can force their beliefs on your here, so accusing anyone of doing so on this board doesn't work.
    Maybe not directly but it is done when you vote.  It is one of the reasons why I don't.  We can agree to disagree.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    unsung said:
    njnancy said:
    dignin said:

I think this is where I point out all the benefits you derive from services provided through taxation, and then you fail to recognize them or respond to the discussion. 
    Unsung, I don't think I've ever seen you really talk about what it would be like if the government didn't tax anyone. I'm seriously curious to know what you think such a world would look like. How would things like roads be built? What about law enforcement and other emergency services, the military, prisons, and all the other infrastructure and services now covered by tax revenue (aside from education and healthcare - I assume you think that should be completely left up to the free market ... scary, scary stuff)? Are you thinking every single service would be support by free market investment?? What if the economy collapses? Or what if the investments are just bad? Then what? And how would such complex bureaucracies maintain themselves in any kind of honest way while they're intertwined with the free market?
    And what about those things that are more easily waved off to the free market, like schools and hospitals... what options do you picture for the people who couldn't pay for such services with their income? What happens to them? Do they just never learn to read and then die in the streets? Are do the free market services act as charities too? What if those running the "businesses" choose not to provide such charity?
    I will get back to this later because I do want to address it, however I am currently a bit preoccupied. 
  • Options
    njnancy said:
    brianlux said:
    Shush!! I'm busy using my policy of theft to fund my agenda. 
    Mum's the word!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    brianlux said:
    And what is that supposed to mean?   Talking about do no harm too offensive?  Saying associations should be voluntary too hot of a topic?  Discussing the lack of morals in the policy of taxation now hate speech?  Or was it the mommy's basement comment that did it?  Nah that can't be it.  
  • Options
    unsung said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    unsung said:
    njnancy said:
    dignin said:

Maybe not directly but it is done when you vote.  It is one of the reasons why I don't.  We can agree to disagree.
    Okay... So you believe in... what? Dictatorships? What's your preferred alternative to elections?
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    unsung said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    unsung said:
    njnancy said:
    dignin said:

Okay... So you believe in... what? Dictatorships? What's your preferred alternative to elections?
    I will probably touch on this on the answer I owe you when I get home later.  For now my answer is that voting would work if we were a true Constitutional Republic as the Founding Fathers intended.  Right now we have some of that with the Electoral College but most elections are a democracy which is nothing more than mob rule.

50.1% should not be able to trample on the other 49.9%.
  • Options
    PJinILPJinIL satan's bed Posts: 431
    A lot has changed in the last 15 years in terms of what is tolerated. It isn’t all social media “PC age”. Much of it needed to change, and there’s still a long way to go. 
    I agree, not a big fan of "PC age". 
    More of a Mac guy, HFD? A little levity to this thread...
    It's amazing what you hear when you take time to listen.
  • Options
    unsung said:
    brianlux said:
    And what is that supposed to mean?   Talking about do no harm too offensive?  Saying associations should be voluntary too hot of a topic?  Discussing the lack of morals in the policy of taxation now hate speech?  Or was it the mommy's basement comment that did it?  Nah that can't be it.  
    No need to take this personally.  The comment I made was made to no one specifically.  Look at the the forum rules.  A number of infractions here. 

But hey, it's a rock and roll forum and rock and roll is about rebellion and breaking the rules right?  Until you get caught.  Until you get put on read-only.

But look, I don't care.  I find a lot of this amusing.  Out here in the west, we have much larger concerns than people breaking rules on a fucking rock forum.

We're not supposed to say "fuck" here.  Looks like I broke a rule.  :lol:

• Options
    brianlux said:
    unsung said:
    brianlux said:
    No need to take this personally.  The comment I made was made to no one specifically.  Look at the the forum rules.  A number of infractions here. 

But hey, it's a rock and roll forum and rock and roll is about rebellion and breaking the rules right?  Until you get caught.  Until you get put on read-only.

But look, I don't care.  I find a lot of this amusing.  Out here in the west, we have much larger concerns than people breaking rules on a fucking rock forum.

Better to not draw that kind of attention TBH ... unless you're actually hoping for some bans or something, which I doubt, or at least hope not. I know you were joking, but.... Basically what I'm saying is ssshhhhhhh. ;)
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:
    unsung said:
    brianlux said:

Better to not draw that kind of attention TBH ... unless you're actually hoping for some bans or something, which I doubt, or at least hope not. I know you were joking, but.... Basically what I'm saying is ssshhhhhhh. ;
    Where does it say that you can't say fuck? I know I can't say it TO you and I wouldn't, but c'mon, they have it in the title of their songs! :confused:

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:
    unsung said:
    brianlux said:

Better to not draw that kind of attention TBH ... unless you're actually hoping for some bans or something, which I doubt, or at least hope not. I know you were joking, but.... Basically what I'm saying is ssshhhhhhh. ;)
    I never hope for bans which is why I brought it up.  I'm hoping my jesting will bring some attention to that potential.   I would suggest keeping  person arguments confined to PM's.  Just a thought.

:peace:

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,086
    Or we could all stop being babies that alert the mods when someone upsets us. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Unless we're talking ongoing harassment or bullying of a personal nature, or super fucking crazy offensive things that cross in to hate speech or whatever, I agree with this.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Unless we're talking ongoing harassment or bullying of a personal nature, or super fucking crazy offensive things that cross in to hate speech or whatever, I agree with this.
    If you decide to get on the train, then you ride the train where it takes you. I'm a mommy, I don't need a mommy to 'help' me out of heated arguments I've gotten myself into. That's part of learning how to have proper discourse. Don't always get it right, but it's the goal. 

Now if someone stood up and shouted Heil Trump, I'd get my butt out of that theater. (Cross threading here)
  • Options
    Basically says it all.
  • Options
    Do people still do that here??  I sure as fuck* don't.

(*I'm told it's OK to say "fuck" here.)

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,086
    brianlux said:

Reported
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    brianlux said:

Reported
    :angry:   Oh yeah?  Well fuck you, Cincy! :lol:

:wink: