• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Just saw this, any truth to it? I only know about Menendez. 

C'mon Mcgruff! You're better than this. Nice bunch of rips on us MN folk though I see. We were the only state that will probably see a DFL house seat go R, and maybe 2 with one still too close to call.
    (psst...most probably don't know what "DFL" means)

As for the poster:
    • Starting off with the hyperbolic "IQ lower than a salamander" sort of sucks the legitimacy out of that one.  Age-motivated at best.  Ethnicity motivated at worst.
    • I don't know much about Menendez.
    • The other two are Muslims from Minnesota and as far as I can tell they are being accused of being anti-semetic and/or America-hating because they are Muslims.  Nothing but a xenophobic smear. That said, Keith Ellison (right) was just elected secretary of state and was accused of abusing a former girlfriend.
    That's all I needed to know.  Thanks for explaining the two on the right in an educated manner without attempting to throw insults.  I do appreciate it.  (menendez is a pos by the way)
    You post that garbage and then talk about "educated manner". Haha
    Well from what I found it seems like the congresswoman did make some alleged anti Semitic comments a few years ago. 
    She either made anti-Semitic comments or she didn't. She can't have made "alleged" comments. And no, unless a person thinks that speaking against Israel = antisemitism, which I assume we all know is ridiculous, she did not make any anti-Semitic comments as far as we know... That doesn't necessarily mean she isn't antisemitic of course. I have no idea if she is or isn't. I certainly hope not. She sure isn't going to fit into her new job very well if she is.
    i think he means they were allegedly anti-semitic, not that they were allegedly said. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    For the record, criticizing or being anti-Israel is not the same as anti-Semitic.  There are plenty of progressive Jews who are highly critical of Israel's policies and Zionism.  Is it true that anyone that is anti-Semitic is also anti-Israel?  Likely.  But the inverse is not always true.  
    It'd really be great if we all gave critical thinking the ole college try more consistently.  
    mrussel1 said:
    For the record, criticizing or being anti-Israel is not the same as anti-Semitic.  There are plenty of progressive Jews who are highly critical of Israel's policies and Zionism.  Is it true that anyone that is anti-Semitic is also anti-Israel?  Likely.  But the inverse is not always true.  
    but of course. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    mrussel1 said:
    And she was referencing a particular incident. So she was opposed to Israel's actions.Which, if I'm not wrong, is perfectly acceptable.  In any  case, it's a stretch. And the origin of the meme itself is still unknown. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    njnancy said:
    mrussel1 said:
    And she was referencing a particular incident. So she was opposed to Israel's actions.Which, if I'm not wrong, is perfectly acceptable.  In any  case, it's a stretch. And the origin of the meme itself is still unknown. 
    Definitely a stretch but now I see where the meme ordinated from. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    any time you criticize the israeli government, someone comes out of the woodwork accusing you of being anti semitic. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    njnancy said:
    my2hands said:
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    MayDay10 said:
    I think the meme opening with suggesting someone's "IQ was less than a salamander" should be grounds to assume that it is folly and ignore it from the getgo.  That's just me though.  
    he already stated he was not asking about that one. 
     or influence a vote that was cast as "not Hillary."
    To be fair, she did that on her own lol
    No she did not.
    She was an extremely qualified candidate that got millions more votes than Trump did but, just as with Pelosi, portions of this country detest powerful women. 
    I call bullshit. I say she would have gotten less votes if she was a man. The only thing that caused enthusiasm surrounding her campsign was the fact she was a woman, and wasnt THAT guy lol

She didnt lose because of sexism. 

See what i mean. Its always racism, sexism, whateverism. Its bullshit in my opinion. Own the loss

Was it sexism that kept her from going to the purple midwest and rust belt? 
    I am tired of this. Play with someone else. And please....say that I didn't answer because I know you are right or some other self serving comment.    It is getting tiresome. 
    You have some weird beef with me, not sure why... but whatever. People are going to disagree with you, hate to be rude, but get over it, it's nothing personal
    I know why man, and the beef isn't at all weird or surprising, and it's not because you disagree with her or anyone else. You keep saying that, but that really isn't it. It's because of how you're making your points. Your tone and comments are condescending in the extreme, like way more so than everyone else here when they're being condescending, lol (I know you don't think so). People tend to react really negatively to that, and naturally do tend to take it personally. I'm not trying to make a conversation out of it or convince you to do or not do anything. I'm just letting you know why you're getting some of the reactions that you are. It's not the reason you seem to think.
    When you go against the stream in here you get jumped on by a gang and have to defend yourself, sometimes people take it the wrong way. 

My whole point is dont become elitist name-calling assholes that blanket stereotypes the other side and doesn't listen. Some people got their feathers ruffled because of it. Oh well.

And frankly, it gets a little old hearing from a bunch of Canadians everyday that my country is horrible and full of morons, racists, sexists, etc, etc, etc. The bullshit anti-America steteotyoes get regurgitated ad-nauseum by the same fucking people over and over and over in here (Speaking of condescending elitists). That goes for the Swede too, ABBA blows homie. There are assholes everywhere, we are humans. We are no better or worse than you. Get over yourselves.

Peace, love, and hair grease.

No surrender. No retreat.
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    njnancy said:
    my2hands said:
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    MayDay10 said:
    I think the meme opening with suggesting someone's "IQ was less than a salamander" should be grounds to assume that it is folly and ignore it from the getgo.  That's just me though.  
    No she did not.
    She was an extremely qualified candidate that got millions more votes than Trump did but, just as with Pelosi, portions of this country detest powerful women. 
    I call bullshit. I say she would have gotten less votes if she was a man. The only thing that caused enthusiasm surrounding her campsign was the fact she was a woman, and wasnt THAT guy lol

See what i mean. Its always racism, sexism, whateverism. Its bullshit in my opinion. Own the loss

I am tired of this. Play with someone else. And please....say that I didn't answer because I know you are right or some other self serving comment.    It is getting tiresome. 
    You have some weird beef with me, not sure why... but whatever. People are going to disagree with you, hate to be rude, but get over it, it's nothing personal
    I know why man, and the beef isn't at all weird or surprising, and it's not because you disagree with her or anyone else. You keep saying that, but that really isn't it. It's because of how you're making your points. Your tone and comments are condescending in the extreme, like way more so than everyone else here when they're being condescending, lol (I know you don't think so). People tend to react really negatively to that, and naturally do tend to take it personally. I'm not trying to make a conversation out of it or convince you to do or not do anything. I'm just letting you know why you're getting some of the reactions that you are. It's not the reason you seem to think.
    When you go against the stream in here you get jumped on by a gang and have to defend yourself, sometimes people take it the wrong way. 

My whole point is dont become elitist name-calling assholes that blanket stereotypes the other side and doesn't listen. Some people got their feathers ruffled because of it. Oh well.

And frankly, it gets a little old hearing from a bunch of Canadians everyday that my country is horrible and full of morons, racists, sexists, etc, etc, etc. The bullshit anti-America steteotyoes get regurgitated ad-nauseum by the same fucking people over and over and over in here (Speaking of condescending elitists). That goes for the Swede too, ABBA blows homie. There are assholes everywhere, we are humans. We are no better or worse than you. Get over yourselves.

The hypocrisy is intentional,  right?  Just want to be sure...
  • my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    njnancy said:
    my2hands said:
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    MayDay10 said:
    No she did not.

PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    njnancy said:
    my2hands said:
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    MayDay10 said:
    No she did not.

No surrender. No retreat
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    njnancy said:
    my2hands said:
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    MayDay10 said:
    No she did not.

• my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    njnancy said:
    my2hands said:
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    MayDay10 said:
    No she did not.

PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    njnancy said:
    my2hands said:
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    MayDay10 said:
    No she did not.

No surrender. No retreat
    Wait for it

LOL
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
    From what I have read he will be replaced by a republican candidate. He died pretty recently so the gop couldn’t put another candidate on the ballot. 
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    mcgruff10 said:
    From what I have read he will be replaced by a republican candidate. He died pretty recently so the gop couldn’t put another candidate on the ballot. 

Yes, his campaign manager urged people to vote for him.  The headlines are funny, that’s all.  It’s a legal business in Nevada...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    mcgruff10 said:

Yes, his campaign manager urged people to vote for him.  The headlines are funny, that’s all.  It’s a legal business in Nevada...
    I believe Outside of Vegas county it is legal. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

GIRLS TO YOUR ROOM IN 15 MINUTES!! 
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    The Bishop Don Magic Juan would be an outstanding replacement choice 
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

GIRLS TO YOUR ROOM IN 15 MINUTES!! 

A dead Republican is better than a female Democrat. Sexism is all in my head.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Family Values!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    mrussel1 said:
    It'd really be great if we all gave critical thinking the ole college try more consistently.  
    Well said, M!  Heck yeah!  Of all the things that young and old could be taught and learn about, critical thinking hits the top of the list.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Too bad 700 voting machines sat in a warehouse in Fulton County, Georgia while voters waited hours to vote. Disgraceful. Yea, ‘Murica is the greatest at disenfranchisement.

Brilliantati©
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    njnancy said:
    my2hands said:
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    MayDay10 said:
    No she did not.

The hypocrisy is intentional,  right?  Just want to be sure...
    I stand by my statement, especially that ABBA blows
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Too bad 700 voting machines sat in a warehouse in Fulton County, Georgia while voters waited hours to vote. Disgraceful. Yea, ‘Murica is the greatest at disenfranchisement.
    That’s what happens when you put the fat kid in charge of the candy jar ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    edited November 2018
    Too bad 700 voting machines sat in a warehouse in Fulton County, Georgia while voters waited hours to vote. Disgraceful. Yea, ‘Murica is the greatest at disenfranchisement.
    This seems a little different than what you are suggesting:

According to the AP, Barron also said that the problems were partially the result of a federal judge’s prior ruling to sequester 700 of the county’s voting machines. The county only has 40 spare machines.
  • mcgruff10 said:

According to the AP, Barron also said that the problems were partially the result of a federal judge’s prior ruling to sequester 700 of the county’s voting machines. The county only has 40 spare machines.
    Who requested the machines be sequestered and for what purpose? And were the remaining machines evenly distributed and if so, on time, ready to go upon poll opening? Some people waited 5 hours in line to vote. Reprehensible.

Brilliantati©
    edited November 2018
    mcgruff10 said:

Who requested the machines be sequestered and for what purpose? And were the remaining machines evenly distributed and if so, on time, ready to go upon poll opening? Some people waited 5 hours in line to vote. Reprehensible.

The machines were sequestered by local officials because of an ongoing federal lawsuit that argues Georgia’s electronic voting machines could be hacked or tampered with.

With fewer machines in precincts, voters faced heavy delays, often more than an hour, before they got to the front of the line. The issue affected voters in Cobb, DeKalb and Fulton counties, the three jurisdictions covered by the court case.

Election officials said Wednesday that the lack of voting machines — combined with high turnout and wordy constitutional amendments — created some of the longest lines in years. They said that by the time they realized turnout would significantly exceed the last midterm election, there wasn’t time to find additional machines.

https://politics.myajc.com/news/state--regional-govt--politics/why-did-some-voting-machines-sit-unused-busy-election-day/GEe491hw2FsEAKESx42TYM/
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    unsung said:
    Democrats couldn't beat a dead pimp?
    I know this fits a narrative that you like but I think the sad part is that this is a bigger issue.  it tells me that the voting public doesn't know much and I will bet the reason this guy won was based solely that he had an R beside his name.  now you can blame the democrats if you like but for me its a sad thing
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Somehow in Georgia they managed to get some of the machines to polling places without power cords.

#VoterSuppressionGA
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Or maybe that the people that live there preferred to vote for a dead guy over some socialist type candidate.

Not everyone wants endless taxation to pay for everyone else’s endless desires.