Comments

• Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    my2hands said:
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    MayDay10 said:
    I think the meme opening with suggesting someone's "IQ was less than a salamander" should be grounds to assume that it is folly and ignore it from the getgo.  That's just me though.  
    he already stated he was not asking about that one. 
     or influence a vote that was cast as "not Hillary."
    To be fair, she did that on her own lol
    No she did not.
    She was an extremely qualified candidate that got millions more votes than Trump did but, just as with Pelosi, portions of this country detest powerful women. 
    I call bullshit. I say she would have gotten less votes if she was a man. The only thing that caused enthusiasm surrounding her campsign was the fact she was a woman, and wasnt THAT guy lol

She didnt lose because of sexism. 

See what i mean. Its always racism, sexism, whateverism. Its bullshit in my opinion. Own the loss

Was it sexism that kept her from going to the purple midwest and rust belt? 
    I am tired of this. Play with someone else. And please....say that I didn't answer because I know you are right or some other self serving comment.    It is getting tiresome. 
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,822
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Just saw this, any truth to it? I only know about Menendez. 

C'mon Mcgruff! You're better than this. Nice bunch of rips on us MN folk though I see. We were the only state that will probably see a DFL house seat go R, and maybe 2 with one still too close to call.
    (psst...most probably don't know what "DFL" means)

As for the poster:
    • Starting off with the hyperbolic "IQ lower than a salamander" sort of sucks the legitimacy out of that one.  Age-motivated at best.  Ethnicity motivated at worst.
    • I don't know much about Menendez.
    • The other two are Muslims from Minnesota and as far as I can tell they are being accused of being anti-semetic and/or America-hating because they are Muslims.  Nothing but a xenophobic smear. That said, Keith Ellison (right) was just elected secretary of state and was accused of abusing a former girlfriend.
    That's all I needed to know.  Thanks for explaining the two on the right in an educated manner without attempting to throw insults.  I do appreciate it.  (menendez is a pos by the way)
    so is the POTUS you seem to align with on many issues , no matter how anyone spins it the POTUS is the biggest peice of shit in the country !
    Thank you for that educated comment Jose. Like I said, just wondering if the anti-Semitic comments were true. 
    I'm not rying to be educated we have you for that here since you are the teacher , your the one who posts a meme and can't figure out if it's true or not lol tell me do you just put something if front of your students without making sure it's legit 1st ? 
    It is after two o'clock, I am not a teacher and this is not my classroom.  However in my eyes by questioning the background of a meme it exemplifies intellectual curiosity.  Students come up to me a lot and ask me about the legitimacy of a political meme; we often analyze each one and try to research the origins of the message.  I actually used meme's when teaching about the Spanish American War since that is pretty much the origin of "fake news."  The majority are complete bull shit; I should have known better than post here since many people can not simply answer a question but I was intrigued by the one I posted.  Again, I don't claim to know every one of the 435 House races that occurred yesterday but I did want to know if their was any truth to the two candidates who were accused of being anti-Semitic.  

I am surprised that after using the same line over hundred times in this forum (an example of an hyperbole) you still can not spell "peice of shit" or use "your" correctly.  (time for someone to know pick up one of my grammar mistakes lol)
    I mean, you kinda rolled out the red carpet.  :)
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,831
    my2hands said:
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    MayDay10 said:
    I think the meme opening with suggesting someone's "IQ was less than a salamander" should be grounds to assume that it is folly and ignore it from the getgo.  That's just me though.  
    No she did not.
    She was an extremely qualified candidate that got millions more votes than Trump did but, just as with Pelosi, portions of this country detest powerful women. 
    I call bullshit. I say she would have gotten less votes if she was a man. The only thing that caused enthusiasm surrounding her campsign was the fact she was a woman, and wasnt THAT guy lol

See what i mean. Its always racism, sexism, whateverism. Its bullshit in my opinion. Own the loss

so simplistic. she lost because she's cheez whiz. 

at least she makes celery good. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,237
    edited November 2018
    MayDay10 said:
    Sorry, but common sense should prevail. If a meme opens by referencing a female candidate having an IQ less than a salamander are you going to ground any truth in it? What that meme did was take particles of information about each person and misconstrued it in an utterly ridiculous fashion so that even my 5 year would have known to ignore it. Why is this not obvious? My fucking god, no wonder we have Trump.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    edited November 2018
    There is no way in hell there weren't some people who didn't vote for her because she's a women. Literally NO WAY. It must be nice to be a male and actually naively believe that didn't come into play at all. However, I don't think that is the main reason she lost. I think that was because she was insanely vilified beyond all reason by the Trumpsters, and Americans fell for it hook, line, and sinker. And I think Comey gave her that extra nudge too. I mean, she was close enough to winning that any one of those things could maybe be pointed at as being the tipping factor, but I think it was a combo of those 3 things, and most notably the weakness for Trump's propaganda that America (on both sides of the fence) continues to display that really did it. The other things just lent a helping hand IMO.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    MayDay10 said:
    No she did not.
    Qualified clearly has nothing to do with winning elections or being a great candidate for POTUS. It's a TV show, and the TV star won. Obama accomplished what before being POTUS? Dems might need to run Oprah lol God Bless 'Merica
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Obama was actually qualified, and so was Hillary. You're right, Americans don't seem to give a shit if someone is qualified anymore.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    my2hands said:
    Okey dokey

I'm a dead blue staunch progressive democratic voter that is dying to support female candidates. I had HRC on the ballot three times when i was in a voting booth, and only voted for her once, when the opponent was Trump. She was about as authentic as cheez-wiz, most progressives and Democrats will tell you the same if they are being honest

I also think there was not much appetite for another family dynasty in 2016, which hurt her as well.

Bottom line, Hillary lost to Donald Trump. That means she sucked, period. Sorry

Since when does being qualified come into the equation.  There are thousands of more people to be qualified for president than the jokers that get elected and run.  The ones who run have deep, deep pockets...it just about the money.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,872
    Ok so here is where rumor one of my infamous meme comes from: 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    MayDay10 said:
    No she did not.
    Popular vote doesn’t matter.  
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Obama was actually qualified, and so was Hillary. You're right, Americans don't seem to give a shit if someone is qualified anymore.
    Obama was not anywhere near as qualified as John McCain. 

Obama was a Rep for 2 minutes and a Senator for even less since he started campaigning in 2007. 

2 time Obama voter here

Hillary was obviously more qualified than her opponent lol
  • Options
    She was totally right (just replace "Allah" with "rationality and morals". I'm not anti-semetic either.
  • Options
    sorry: link https://www.timesofisrael.com/woman-running-for-congress-in-minnesota-rejects-anti-semitism-accusations/
    https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/muslim-candidate-for-congress-calls-israel-apartheid-regime-1.6263263
    Omar has neither apologized for nor retracted the tweet.

At least I know where the rumor came from.  Ok, onto the other one.  
  • Options
    Hey, any truth to it? I mean, I know #7 is true. I breakdown sobbing every night.

• Options
    tbergs said:
    Hey, any truth to it? I mean, I know #7 is true. I breakdown sobbing every night.

Grey's Anatomy. Every. Fucking. Episode.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Ok so here is where rumor one of my infamous meme comes from: 
    Hmmm, doesn't sound Anti-semitic or America hating, but carry on. Lets hear about the brother next. I love that story.
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    MayDay10 said:
    Sorry, but common sense should prevail. If a meme opens by referencing a female candidate having an IQ less than a salamander are you going to ground any truth in it? What that meme did was take particles of information about each person and misconstrued it in an utterly ridiculous fashion so that even my 5 year would have known to ignore it. Why is this not obvious? My fucking god, no wonder we have Trump.
    again, I can't see the meme at work. I just don't see how attacking someone who is asking a question warrants the attack it's getting. if it was a meme being posted without comment, attack away. 

I would argue the attitude in your post is one of the reasons we have trump. it's a bit much. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    and here is the marrying the brother part: http://alphanewsmn.com/investigation-suggests-omar-married-brother/

Further Investigation Suggests Omar Married Brother

support the allegation MN State House of Representatives Candidate Ilhan Omar married her brother, who is not a US citizen, in 2009.

As Alpha News reported last week, Powerline Blog raised some interesting questions about the current state of the DFL candidate’s marriages and the possibility of her committing immigration fraud.

Research by Alpha News suggests that Omar was involved with Ahmed Nur Said Elmi (her legal husband) and Ahmed Hirsi (her cultural husband and father of her children) at the same time.

So I see where two of those rumors originated.  

• Options
    tbergs said:
    MayDay10 said:
    again, I can't see the meme at work. I just don't see how attacking someone who is asking a question warrants the attack it's getting. if it was a meme being posted without comment, attack away. 

I would argue the attitude in your post is one of the reasons we have trump. it's a bit much. 
    Sure if it makes you feel better. I didn't actually attack McGruff. I said I expected better than for him to be sucked in to the troll farm of BS memes, but what that proves is that those stupid things work; even on intelligent informed people. It's pathetic to say the least, but sure criticize me for expecting more from my fellow human trying not to destroy the world.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    mcgruff10 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

C'mon Mcgruff! You're better than this. Nice bunch of rips on us MN folk though I see. We were the only state that will probably see a DFL house seat go R, and maybe 2 with one still too close to call.

As for the poster:
    • Starting off with the hyperbolic "IQ lower than a salamander" sort of sucks the legitimacy out of that one.  Age-motivated at best.  Ethnicity motivated at worst.
    • The other two are Muslims from Minnesota and as far as I can tell they are being accused of being anti-semetic and/or America-hating because they are Muslims.  Nothing but a xenophobic smear. That said, Keith Ellison (right) was just elected secretary of state and was accused of abusing a former girlfriend.
    That's all I needed to know.  Thanks for explaining the two on the right in an educated manner without attempting to throw insults.  I do appreciate it.  (menendez is a pos by the way)
    You post that garbage and then talk about "educated manner". Haha
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    my2hands said:
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    MayDay10 said:
    No she did not.
    Qualified clearly has nothing to do with winning elections or being a great candidate for POTUS. It's a TV show, and the TV star won. Obama accomplished what before being POTUS? Dems might need to run Oprah lol God Bless 'Merica
    Oprah...LOL
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    There is no way in hell there weren't some people who didn't vote for her because she's a women. Literally NO WAY. It must be nice to be a male and actually naively believe that didn't come into play at all. However, I don't think that is the main reason she lost. I think that was because she was insanely vilified beyond all reason by the Trumpsters, and Americans fell for it hook, line, and sinker. And I think Comey gave her that extra nudge too. I mean, she was close enough to winning that any one of those things could maybe be pointed at as being the tipping factor, but I think it was a combo of those 3 things, and most notably the weakness for Trump's propaganda that America (on both sides of the fence) continues to display that really did it. The other things just lent a helping hand IMO.
    I say that for every person that didn't vote for her because she's a woman, someone voted for her because she is a woman. She did win the popular vote by 3 milly, remember? Maybe if her hubris didn't keep her out of the midwest states she lost, she would have won. Seriously, who does that? 

Then she fainted, and was even shady about that. Just show the world your fucking human for once? 

But yeah, evil men did it again is easier than owning a stiff, unapproachable, inauthentic candidate.

I do agree Comey was a good littke nudge, but i think this result was always coming.
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Obama was not anywhere near as qualified as John McCain. 

Obama was a Rep for 2 minutes and a Senator for even less since he started campaigning in 2007. 

2 time Obama voter here

Hillary was obviously more qualified than her opponent lol
    He was a community organizer.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    tbergs said:
    tbergs said:
    MayDay10 said:

Sure if it makes you feel better. I didn't actually attack McGruff. I said I expected better than for him to be sucked in to the troll farm of BS memes, but what that proves is that those stupid things work; even on intelligent informed people. It's pathetic to say the least, but sure criticize me for expecting more from my fellow human trying not to destroy the world.
    Yeah, just completely taking Scruffy out of it, I completely agree that this shit really works, and not just on Trumpsters. Trumpian propaganda (not just memes) worms into people's brains man, slowly eats away at a psycho-social level, and not nearly enough people who you'd think you'd be able to count on to keep things rational are immune to it. It's Orwellian in the extreme, and it seems to me that this factor that is both most dangerous to America in the long run, and is what's being most ignored.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

As for the poster:
    Well from what I found it seems like the congresswoman did make some alleged anti Semitic comments a few years ago. 
  • Options
    njnancy said:
    my2hands said:
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    MayDay10 said:
    No she did not.

I am tired of this. Play with someone else. And please....say that I didn't answer because I know you are right or some other self serving comment.    It is getting tiresome. 
    You have some weird beef with me, not sure why... but whatever. People are going to disagree with you, hate to be rude, but get over it, it's nothing personal
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

As for the poster:
    Well from what I found it seems like the congresswoman did make some alleged anti Semitic comments a few years ago. 
    She either made anti-Semitic comments or she didn't. She can't have made "alleged" comments. And no, unless a person thinks that speaking against Israel = antisemitism, which I assume we all know is ridiculous, she did not make any anti-Semitic comments as far as we know... That doesn't necessarily mean she isn't antisemitic of course. I have no idea if she is or isn't. I certainly hope not. She sure isn't going to fit into her new job very well if she is.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

As for the poster:
    She either made anti-Semitic comments or she didn't. She can't have made "alleged" comments. And no, unless a person thinks that speaking against Israel = antisemitism, which I assume we all know is ridiculous, she did not make any anti-Semitic comments as far as we know... That doesn't necessarily mean she isn't antisemitic of course. I have no idea if she is or isn't. I certainly hope not. She sure isn't going to fit into her new job very well if she is.
    Ally you would be correct, I used alleged incorrectly  My bad on that.  it is the interpretation of the quote that is the important part.
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    njnancy said:
    my2hands said:
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    MayDay10 said:
    No she did not.

You have some weird beef with me, not sure why... but whatever. People are going to disagree with you, hate to be rude, but get over it, it's nothing personal
    I know why man, and the beef isn't at all weird or surprising, and it's not because you disagree with her or anyone else. You keep saying that, but that really isn't it. It's because of how you're making your points. Your tone and comments are condescending in the extreme, like way more so than everyone else here when they're being condescending, lol (I know you don't think so). People tend to react really negatively to that, and naturally do tend to take it personally. I'm not trying to make a conversation out of it or convince you to do or not do anything. I'm just letting you know why you're getting some of the reactions that you are. It's not the reason you seem to think.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    tbergs said:
    tbergs said:
    MayDay10 said:

this conversation isn't "making me feel better".

"i didn't attack mcgruff'
    "even my 5 year old would have known to ignore it".

ok. suit yourself. 

i guess i'm a tad confused why you think you are allowed to criticize someone because you "expect more from them" (just a smidge condescending), but i can't criticize how you frame that message?
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com