Options

10 Benaroya Hall box sets to 1st 10 ten club members?

whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,070
edited October 2018 in Lost Dogs
[auction link removed]

Read the description on this one it says this is 1 of 10 that were made available to the first 10 members of the ten club. It's says these were personalized with the name of the ten club member. This is the 2nd time this item has been posted and the 1st time they posted you could see the name "Doyle" written in the white box, but in this 2nd run of this listing that picture has been deleted. 

I never heard of this before...Is this legit?
Post edited by Sea on

Comments

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,006
    edited October 2018
    [auction link removed]

Read the description on this one it says this is 1 of 10 that were made available to the first 10 members of the ten club. It's says these were personalized with the name of the ten club member. This is the 2nd time this item has been posted and the 1st time they posted you could see the name "Doyle" written in the white box, but in this 2nd run of this listing that picture has been deleted. 

I never heard of this before...Is this legit?
    Yes that is legit.  It in not a fake.

@Suziemay
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    LostRebelLostRebel Athens, Greece Posts: 252

Great asking price (for something you got for FREE, as a PERSONALIZED GIFT from PEARL JAM for their PJ20 ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATIONS). Good job.

I assume the seller or whoever received the BoxSet from the 10c (if it's not the same person), is also one of the 1st 10 people that joined the "flipping club" back in the early 90’s.

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    LostRebel said:

Great asking price (for something you got for FREE, as a PERSONALIZED GIFT from PEARL JAM for their PJ20 ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATIONS). Good job.

I assume the seller or whoever received the BoxSet from the 10c (if it's not the same person), is also one of the 1st 10 people that joined the "flipping club" back in the early 90’s.

If I had one of those and someone was willing to give me several grand for it, I'd think hard about selling it, too.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,623
    Could be all sorts of reasons why someone needs 3 grand.  Guessing if they are one of the first 10c members that they have much love for the band.
    Don't be so presumptuous
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298

True, when our family Dog got sick he needed an emergency surgery and a week stay at the vets. That was NOT a cheap ride. If I had one of the Box sets I would have likely/probably considered selling it to cover the costs. You just never know what a person is having to go through.

Having said that, if it was a Rome poster that was listed, he's just a flipper.

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Could be all sorts of reasons why someone needs 3 grand.  Guessing if they are one of the first 10c members that they have much love for the band.
    Don't be so presumptuous
    +1 
    LostRebel said:

We never know what people are going through.  Might want to pass some good energy their way instead of riding the judgmental express.  Kindness goes so much further and is far more appreciated.  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298

as a second note, If this IS the original owner than I think he has passed the sniff test and has held on to this item long enough to avoid being labeled a flipper. How he's kept it sealed this entire time is the real question.

If it is the second owner of this set I am sure they paid a pretty price to obtain it so not really a flipper either.

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    edited October 2018
    For the record, I don't even care how the person is using the money. If you're staring at one box set of records and can turn that into a really nice audio setup, that's pretty appealing. 
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,765
    Super fun set to have, play it all the time.  Can't believe people are willing to pay more than $100 for it.  I think that is what it cost back in the day with shipping and handling.  But people got money to burn I guess.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    So.....a Benaroya vinyl set was sitting in a warehouse for about 7-8 years.  Someone took a marker to it and wrote in someone's first name......and it supposed to be worth more than the average set?  Makes no sense to me. 
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    edited October 2018
    Their choice i guess.  Its pretty amazing to have a personalized Benaroya.  

Who’s to say they dont have medical bills or money issues?  Idk. 

Their last name or a low number or a high number or a “pop up” written on it should have no bearing on price tho.  There’s obviously more than 2000 of these.  I think that’s been obvious for years
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,426
    pjl44 said:
    For the record, I don't even care how the person is using the money. If you're staring at one box set of records and can turn that into a really nice audio setup, that's pretty appealing. 
    This.  If someone wants to give me thousands for $75 worth of vinyl then I’m a seller. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore