Poster shipping help

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Why wouldn't open?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • unknownunknown Posts: 531
    His first email said he got a heavily damaged tube and would I open a claim ?  Seems kind of shady
  • lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

Unless he opens it you'll never know if was the poster you sent him, right?
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

Good point.  I need to make him open, but you think he would damage on purchase?
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    On purpose?  Why would anyone do that?
    Why would someone just not open and see? It seems strange
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    unknown said:

The damage near the right-most label looks fairly significant.  Probably would damage the print unless it happened to shift during shipping.
  • cwjacwja Posts: 132
    Was this sent international? Like to Canada? Looks like a customs form on the tube? Probably doesn’t want to pay duty if the poster is damaged. Don’t believe that’s refundable. Also, if it was international it probably wasn’t sent Priority Mail and there is no insurance. But you’re not exactly providing us with quality information so that’s all conjecture.
    It was sent usps to Nevada 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Canadian customs has crushed a few tubes I sent.  They do not love posters . ;)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • cwjacwja Posts: 132
    I don’t understand then why it would cost anything to open it and see if there’s damage. It’s the only way to find out if there’s damage.
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,311
    If you mailed USPS Priority, you have at least $50 insurance. You’ll need to open a claim but from my past experiences, they’ll want the damaged goods. The other guy should either not accept or return it to you if he doesn’t want to take possession, which makes no sense. Don’t return the one you traded for til you get yours resolved.

TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350
    I wouldn't do anything until he opens it and shows you if there's damage to the poster.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    Agree with everyone saying don't do anything until you see the poster. This might be a dumb question, but are you certain that's your tube in the picture?
  • ShakesckyShakescky Posts: 342
    edited October 2018
    1. Ask to see the print. If the trader fails to do so then clear yourself of trying to help any further.

2. USPS Priority includes $50 insurance. In the future you will have to pay extra to add the full amount of the poster value. I suggest doing this for all prints you trade or sell because ANYTHING can happen with USPS (or any other carrier for that matter).

3. If you need to go for a claim then ask for detailed photos from your trading partner of the damage to attach in the claim with USPS.

I have had issues with USPS in the past, but not as bad as other people. One time I shipped a record a few states over and it happened to get crushed and nearly cracked despite being in BagsUnlimited packaging. I don't cut corners when mailing stuff. So that one little moment of a record damage has me forever pay extra for insurance value when shipping posters, records, etc. I would rather be safe than sorry with no headaches.

As for scamming, I did sell a CD once to an International Buyer. I was kind of new to the game and they sent me a photo showing their CD had broken in transit. I immediately refunded half the amount per Buyer wishes because the package at least arrived to them. It wasn't until later a fellow Seller asked me if I dealt with said Buyer and I learned of a scam that went over my head because I was doing my best to ensure a Buyer was happy. The Buyer would send photos of a cracked CD showing the bottom side ... I never did see the CD label ... At least it wasn't a huge amount lost. I think about $10.

Lesson learned. Best of luck.
    i have witnessed some performances. i have soaked up a lot of memories.
  • slabahn13slabahn13 Chicago Posts: 44
    CopperTom said:
    unknown said:

That is a USPS label for shipping within the US? I've never seen a label like that before.
    Wife insured it for $125 but lost the receipt with all the info!! Is there any way I can recover that info.  She went to post office to complete order 
    Also, he sent me the tracking number and looks like this poster she forgot to add insurance, it was the other one she did.  It says it’s covered for $50.... so, if I try to do a claim, do I get the poster back ??? Or do they take possession and just give me $50???? I’m frustrated he won’t open to see how it looks.  He’s saying it would add more to the cost
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350
    unknown said:
    Also, he sent me the tracking number and looks like this poster she forgot to add insurance, it was the other one she did.  It says it’s covered for $50.... so, if I try to do a claim, do I get the poster back ??? Or do they take possession and just give me $50???? I’m frustrated he won’t open to see how it looks.  He’s saying it would add more to the cost
    Don't do anything until he opens the tube and inspects the poster
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    That doesn't make sense. I would stop communication until he opens it and checks for damages. There's no reason to refund or exchange or anything unless he can show it is damaged. Seems too fishy if he is unwilling to do that.
    I would just reply "I'm sorry the tube is damaged, but I don't see this being resolved without opening the tube. Please respond when you do." and leave it at that.

I don't know protocol on trades, but the post office doesnt take possession of anything. I would assume the person with the damaged poster keeps it and gets the claim. 

Keep the advice coming guys, I think this guy trying to rip me off
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    Always remember to floss
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
    mace1229 said:
    That doesn't make sense. I would stop communication until he opens it and checks for damages. There's no reason to refund or exchange or anything unless he can show it is damaged. Seems too fishy if he is unwilling to do that.
    I would just reply "I'm sorry the tube is damaged, but I don't see this being resolved without opening the tube. Please respond when you do." and leave it at that.

I don't know protocol on trades, but the post office doesnt take possession of anything. I would assume the person with the damaged poster keeps it and gets the claim. 

Just do this - and see how the person responds. 
    Additional communication will muddy things up, stick to the basics here and leave no room for interpretation. 
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

edited October 2018

Look what he sent now

Hello,

Could you please meanwhile open a claim against USPS because with the pictures Insens you it is obviously a bad handling of a package. The Tube is heavily deformed as you can see.

Are you going to open a claim?

Thanks and Regards
    Dominik

Post edited by unknown on
    A couple months ago someone had a trade issue and the thread got closed when he posted the PMs.
    I'd stick to what I said, you cannot move forward without proof of damage, that requires opening the tube. Then just dont respond until he does. Your obligation is met until he can demonstrate a damaged poster.
    Feel free to copy and paste to him:

I'm sorry the tube shows some damage. I however cannot move forward or file a claim unless the tube is opened and I have pictures of the poster. Please let me know what that has happened. I can't move forward until then. Thank you and have a great day.

Then don't respond until he does.
  • madhat181madhat181 Posts: 367
    edited October 2018
    unknown said:

Look what he sent now

Hello,

Could you please meanwhile open a claim against USPS because with the pictures Insens you it is obviously a bad handling of a package. The Tube is heavily deformed as you can see.

Thanks and Regards
    Dominik

The Reply links to an ebay sale( for example...rover.ebay.com...) This doesn't seem like a trade. Come clean...for someone so against flippers it's odd to see you "trade" something on ebay. You come on 10c asking for help always seeming to play victim and saying you are being wronged or begging for posters. I felt sorry for you and wanted to help, but this last thing is shady.

I'm new here, but I know my way around a message board. Looking back on your comments you are constantly asking for things from posters to tickets. Hopefully you aren't using people's kindness to turn a profit like the flippers you seemingly hate so much.

This guy that you think is scamming you is a ebay buyer from Germany(not Nevada), which explains his grammar on the reply and why he doesn't want to open or take claim of a damaged package, because he as to pay customs tax on the value if he accepts it. Just refund his money and file your claim.

Post edited by madhat181 on
  • willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    For Gods sakes man, what poster is it ??
    edited October 2018
    Ha ha i didn't click the reply button. Good call.
    If its a sale, yes it is the seller's responsibility until the buyer is in possession. But still his responsibility to show it is damaged first.

*i just read your comment about custom charges if he accepts it, I didnt know that. Makes a lot of sense now.

Post edited by mace1229 on
  • wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    madhat181 said:
    unknown said:

Look what he sent now

Hello,

Thanks and Regards
    Dominik

The Reply links to an ebay sale( for example...rover.ebay.com...) This doesn't seem like a trade. Come clean...for someone so against flippers it's odd to see you "trade" something on ebay. You come on 10c asking for help always seeming to play victim and saying you are being wronged or begging for posters. I felt sorry for you and wanted to help, but this last thing is shady.

I'm new here, but I know my way around a message board. Looking back on your comments you are constantly asking for things from posters to tickets. Hopefully you aren't using people's kindness to turn a profit like the flippers you seemingly hate so much.

This guy that you think is scamming you is a ebay buyer from Germany(not Nevada), which explains his grammar on the reply and why he doesn't want to open or take claim of a damaged package, because he as to pay customs tax on the value if he accepts it. Just refund his money and file your claim.

Aw snap...BUSTED!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLRhfzw6OW4

NYPJ
  • what?  trading for money doesn't constitute a trade?
    nice investigation!
This discussion has been closed.