Unpopular Opinions

Comments

• rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    Sorry but I still feel that way..I pass homeless in the street everyday and they hang in there..the guy had so much to live for..
    He did indeed but he wasn't well. Mental illness is real. 
  • wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    My Uncle shot himself. My mother was devastated. He also left two young kids behind, I guess seeing that may make me biased. I didnt understand that one either.
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited November 2018
    Chris Cornell suicide was selfish and cowardly..beat that!! I know he was suffering from depression but to do that to your kids is....
     I think someone wished death on me for that one..
    Can't stand the "suicide is selfish" bullshit. It's such a slap to the face and disregard for the person dead and his/her pain and struggle.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    Individuals with mental health problems are often unfortunately so torn that they actually think their being gone will make things easier for people.  To call that cowardly or selfish is really just blatant disregard for or utter lack of knowledge of their circumstances. 

We actually have concocted medicines that trigger mood swings in those that take them and have to be advertised with such labels "can cause suicidal thoughts".   That in and of itself should provide anyone with enough understanding of the fragility of the human psyche that a chemical imbalance created to avert a different or similar problem can make it appear or potentially more acute.  

To anyone who thinks for a second that your world would be better without you in it, stop.  You are wrong. Go talk to someone.  Go do something that you enjoy.  But do not follow through with the impulse.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Chris Cornell suicide was selfish and cowardly..beat that!! I know he was suffering from depression but to do that to your kids is....
    Mate you are on thin ice here. I'm prepared to argue the shit out of this. Best lock this down.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    My Uncle shot himself. My mother was devastated. He also left two young kids behind, I guess seeing that may make me biased. I didnt understand that one either.
    Obviously the pain and devastation left behind is also horrible - and also "real." I don't think anyone will deny that. 
  • wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    Chris Cornell suicide was selfish and cowardly..beat that!! I know he was suffering from depression but to do that to your kids is....
    Very unpopular view and i'm sure people will shit on you for having it. You're entitled to your view no matter what anyone says.

I've had a family member and one of my best friends commit suicide, I was and still am angry with them for doing so. They both had so much to live for but they couldn't see it no matter how hard we tried. Every time I see my friends daughter and how she has grown up i get so angry that he is no longer here for her and can't help feel the same feelings you mention. 

NYPJ
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    edited November 2018
    Fenway/Wrigley/Safeco are great places for a concert.... Need to get this back on topic!
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    wall232 said:
    Very unpopular view and i'm sure people will shit on you for having it. You're entitled to your view no matter what anyone says.

I've had a family member and one of my best friends commit suicide, I was and still am angry with them for doing so. They both had so much to live for but they couldn't see it no matter how hard we tried. Every time I see my friends daughter and how she has grown up i get so angry that he is no longer here for her and can't help feel the same feelings you mention. 

Fair... but being angry is different than calling them selfish and cowardly. IMO.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    PJ_Soul said:
    wall232 said:

Fair... but being angry is different than calling them selfish and cowardly. IMO.
    Yeah, I agree that was harsh...
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    I like ice cubes in my red wine. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    mcgruff10 said:

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    mcgruff10 said:
    I like a couple ice cubes my white wine. I always feel defensive on your behalf about this. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I like a couple ice cubes my white wine. I always feel defensive on your behalf about this. :lol:
    People don’t know what they are missing!!
    mcgruff10 said:
    No you don't. That's crazy talk. Please don't tell us that you also refrigerate your red wines!
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    White wine...that's okay but only when you have to do so.
    rummy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    No you don't. That's crazy talk. Please don't tell us that you also refrigerate your red wines!
    You are actually supposed to chill your red in a fridge before opening. 
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    Vs, Vitalogy, No Code, Yield, and Backspacer are all better than Ten.  Yes, I said Backspacer 
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    mcgruff10 said:
    Please don’t infect the rest of the forum with this nonsense. It should have been stopped on AMT but we were all too tolerant, and now it’s spread. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    PJ_Soul said:
    wall232 said:

It was harsh and unwarranted. 

The people I have met who have been suicidal despite having children or a significant other have all genuinely, though mistakenly, believed that they were an impossible burden and that their loved ones were better off without them. Their thinking has been so skewed by pain that they could not see another way out and believed that others would see it that way, too. They are wrong, but not due to selfishness. 

• PJ_Soul said:
    wall232 said:

It was harsh and unwarranted. 

The people I have met who have been suicidal despite having children or a significant other have all genuinely, though mistakenly, believed that they were an impossible burden and that their loved ones were better off without them. Their thinking has been so skewed by pain that they could not see another way out and believed that others would see it that way, too. They are wrong, but not due to selfishness. 

Nobody can or should judge.  Until you have been in a situation.  I have 4 children and what is said above is correct. Does anyone really believe these people WANT to die or let anyone else down. It's just ignorant to have that opinion . 
    Walk a mile in someone else's shoes and then re think .
    Suicide is the last action of a very long journey and all I have is sorrow not hate or anger. 
    You can never know what it takes.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    mcgruff10 said:
    rummy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    It seems that you are correct: https://vinepair.com/wine-101/right-temperature-serve-every-type-wine/

(Although my father-in-law, who was born in rural Italy, would disagree.)
  • mcgruff10 said:
    rummy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Ok  although this goes against all I stand for I am prepared  as always to learn. I have some California  merlot that is one of my go to daily wines. I am to night going to try this. I will report back. I hope nobody come round and sees what I'm up to. I will have to draw the curtains and turn off all lights so people  think I'm out.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

mcgruff10 said:
    rummy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Ok  although this goes against all I stand for I am prepared  as always to learn. I have some California  merlot that is one of my go to daily wines. I am to night going to try this. I will report back. I hope nobody come round and sees what I'm up to. I will have to draw the curtains and turn off all lights so people  think I'm out.
    Would you chill all sorts of reds? A pinot? A cab? A shiraz? A zin? Is there an ideal temperature for each? 
    Good grief, what if you have a blend?!?!??!
    Million dollar question: Is EV's wine chilled before he comes on stage?
    rummy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rummy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    It seems that you are correct: https://vinepair.com/wine-101/right-temperature-serve-every-type-wine/

What kind of refrigerators do these people have, that they suggest putting a bottle in an hour before serving to get it to a temperature of 60-70oF?? And what temperature are they keeping their houses at?

I keep my place below 20oC anyway, so my "room temperature" is the correct room temperature. 
    rummy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rummy said:
    mcgruff10 said:

What kind of refrigerators do these people have, that they suggest putting a bottle in an hour before serving to get it to a temperature of 60-70oF?? And what temperature are they keeping their houses at?

I keep my place below 20oC anyway, so my "room temperature" is the correct room temperature. 
    Good point. I didn't even consider the conversion to Celsius! 
    I see you're from the west coast. My family just moved out here in the summer (I can't seem to change the "Ontario" part of my profile). I guess I no longer have to worry about jacking up my furnace anymore! In fact, I don't even have a furnace...just a couple gas fireplaces and some electric heating boards!
    Keeping your house too warm is also very "unpopular" given the energy crisis in this world.
  • It's always fuckin cold here so my room temp is obvs perfect . Bingo
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    mcgruff10 said:
    Hope you don't like it in your beer also man..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..