Options

psst...9/18/2018

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151
    Kearn5y said:
    um....what does status "Released" mean on order page....that doesn't sound promising....
    PENDING,RELEASED,WAREHOUSE,SHIPPED ARE THE 4 STAGES AT THE ODRER HISTORY PAGE.,U ARE GOOD
    To be clear, Shipped dosent mean it actually has shipped. Usually hangs around for a week in the warehouse to be collected by the mail man.
    shipped means shipped,,u can see the tracking at ups 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151
    um....what does status "Released" mean on order page....that doesn't sound promising....
    PENDING,RELEASED,WAREHOUSE,SHIPPED ARE THE 4 STAGES AT THE ODRER HISTORY PAGE.,U ARE GOOD
    Thanks....looks like it is "warehouse" now....
    next step is shipped,u are good
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,692
    Kearn5y said:
    To be clear, Shipped dosent mean it actually has shipped. Usually hangs around for a week in the warehouse to be collected by the mail man.
    shipped means shipped,,u can see the tracking at ups 
    Yes and after a week my tracking still states Order Processed: Ready for UPS. always takes my orders at least 1 week to be picked up, yet my account states shipped
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    madhat181madhat181 Posts: 367
    edited September 2018
    nicknyr15 said:
    I always love to see how fast these 10c drops end up on eBay. 
    I wonder what percentage sold on today's drop ended up on ebay
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,365
    I see about 8 on the bay...who knows how many sold on the site, I'd guess 200ish...
  • Options
    Milestone said:
    In order, the numbers that represent me are:
    12, 9, 8, 13....and maybe 15--depending on what college accepts my kids and if any scholarships come through
    Cool, my order is 12, 8, 9, 13 + my write-in answer which is: that I’m Polish-American, with a Polish crest tattoo, I’ve visited Krakow in the past and I love the city, and I plan to eat at least 20 pierogi and drink multiple Zywiec beers at the annual Polish Festival in my town this weekend.
    I want to go to a Polish festival.......and drink beer and eat pierogi.....this weekend....or tonight.....
    Go see a show at Warsaw in Brooklyn.  They have beer, pierogis and music.  

I'll be seeing Thee Oh Sees there next month!
  • Options
    RS65573 said:
    I see about 8 on the bay...who knows how many sold on the site, I'd guess 200ish...
    Usually only about 100 make it to 10c site.
  • Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,100
    RS65573 said:
    I’d think this number must vary from poster to poster. 

There’s gotta be more than 100 Emek Seattle prints at 10c for them to still be in stock all these days later.  Just my guess.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

Yeah about that EMEK....it's awesome....no idea how it's still up. They can't have THAT many leftover.
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    Milestone said:
    RS65573 said:

There’s gotta be more than 100 Emek Seattle prints at 10c for them to still be in stock all these days later.  Just my guess.
    I think Europe was normal quantities we are used to, thus they sell out fast if good.
    I think home shows was quite a bit more. We shall see how fast the away posters go to know if they follow the Europe, or home shows..
  • Options
    Milestone said:
    RS65573 said:

The Emek print must have had the presses run.  In the past the site would normally have about 100 or so but nowadays I'm not sure of anything anymore.
  • Options
    1upstate1upstate near Syracuse NY Posts: 201
    unknown said:
    tubes10s said:
    That's no problem to disagree.  And I personally don't see any problem with people flipping the posters either, especially seeing that the way that they are initially sold intentionally feeds and encourages the demand that creates flippers.  Doesn't mean that I like it, I just see no difference in buying a $35 poster as trade bait for one that's being sold for $500, and buying a $35 poster to sell it for $500 cash.  It's the same thing, that's why I equate 14 with being a flipper.  And again, I don't think being a flipper is bad.  Flippers are willing to spend the time it takes to wait in lines or stalk message boards for hours, days, and weeks on end to get what they need.  Other folks just aren't willing to go to that trouble, and that's ok.  Because of flippers, those who aren't willing to put in the time can get what they want any time they want, but that convenience has a price that the flipper collects.  
    but are there people out there really going to that extreme ? stalking message boards for mutliple artist posters ?
    I kind of thought this was just a pearl jam issue, i didn't know many other bands that are having as much demand for
    posters in general.  I just don't see who has time for all that ?
    Phish posters are very difficult at shows, usually limited to 900-1000 per show, AP releases 50-100 and go in seconds. Same thing for Dave Matthews Band.  Other groups such as Foo Fighters,  Primus and a few others have a pretty big following as well. 

Imagine the shit show if PJ only released 1 poster with a 1,200 run?   
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine"
  • Options
    leep75leep75 Posts: 265
    Seems like a good time to list the order of people who are entitled to poster drops (with a presumption that the purchaser actually likes Pearl Jam):
    1. People who were at the show who didn't get the poster
    2. People who were at the show who got a poster but lost it during the show
    3. People who were at the show, got a poster, but failed to get one for their son/daughter who was at the show too
    4. People who were not at the show but stood outside and could hear the bass/drums pretty clearly
    5. People who live in/have lived in the city in which the show occurred
    6. People who live in/have lived in the general area in which the show occcured
    7. People who live in/have lived in the country in which the show occurred
    8. People who like the poster as a piece of art
    9. People who like the poster as rock memorabilia
    10. People who like the artist
    11. People who are "completists" (aka poster hoarders) who are trying to get all the posters of a particular city/country/tour/etc.
    12. Crazy people (most of the purchasers...I think)
    13. People who are divorced or soon to get divorced based on their purchasing of posters
    14. People who are collecting with the aim to trade the poster(s) for another one of their liking
    15. People who are collecting as an investment toward their child's college fund
    16-1,000,000: Any other idea that you can come up with besides flipping the poster
    1,000.001: Still not flippers......
    I'm in:

and you forgot one.  I also collect all Pearl Jam posters from my date of birth.  I'm still missing Venice 2010 if anyone wants to unload it for $35.

leep
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    leep75 said:
    Seems like a good time to list the order of people who are entitled to poster drops (with a presumption that the purchaser actually likes Pearl Jam):
    1. People who were at the show who didn't get the poster
    2. People who were at the show who got a poster but lost it during the show
    3. People who were at the show, got a poster, but failed to get one for their son/daughter who was at the show too
    4. People who were not at the show but stood outside and could hear the bass/drums pretty clearly
    5. People who live in/have lived in the city in which the show occurred
    6. People who live in/have lived in the general area in which the show occcured
    7. People who live in/have lived in the country in which the show occurred
    8. People who like the poster as a piece of art
    9. People who like the poster as rock memorabilia
    10. People who like the artist
    11. People who are "completists" (aka poster hoarders) who are trying to get all the posters of a particular city/country/tour/etc.
    12. Crazy people (most of the purchasers...I think)
    13. People who are divorced or soon to get divorced based on their purchasing of posters
    14. People who are collecting with the aim to trade the poster(s) for another one of their liking
    15. People who are collecting as an investment toward their child's college fund
    16-1,000,000: Any other idea that you can come up with besides flipping the poster
    1,000.001: Still not flippers......
    I'm in:

and you forgot one.  I also collect all Pearl Jam posters from my date of birth.  I'm still missing Venice 2010 if anyone wants to unload it for $35.
    That would be the Raleigh 2016 for me.
  • Options
    tubes10s said:
    That's no problem to disagree.  And I personally don't see any problem with people flipping the posters either, especially seeing that the way that they are initially sold intentionally feeds and encourages the demand that creates flippers.  Doesn't mean that I like it, I just see no difference in buying a $35 poster as trade bait for one that's being sold for $500, and buying a $35 poster to sell it for $500 cash.  It's the same thing, that's why I equate 14 with being a flipper.  And again, I don't think being a flipper is bad.  Flippers are willing to spend the time it takes to wait in lines or stalk message boards for hours, days, and weeks on end to get what they need.  Other folks just aren't willing to go to that trouble, and that's ok.  Because of flippers, those who aren't willing to put in the time can get what they want any time they want, but that convenience has a price that the flipper collects.  
    It's not the way that they are sold that creates flippers - it's the scarcity of the items. Print more, sell more (earn more) and prices in secondary market will significantly drop. As will merch stand queues and web store queues. The "price that the flipper collects" should go to the artists that create posters and to the bands, and now it doesn't. My opinion is that posters should be sold in a way similar to the Vault vinyls: give people the opportunity to buy the poster they want by giving them a reasonable time frame to order it.

Also, of course there's a difference in buying a $35 poster as trade bait for one that's being sold for $500 and buying a $35 poster to sell it for cash. Imagine that I want the Berlin 2018 poster, for example, but miss it both at the show and at the poster drop. If I have the chance to buy a Rome 2018 poster for $35 despite not wanting to have one, I'll just buy it, knowing that it will possibly be easy for me to trade it for the Berlin 2018 that I want. Then, I'll get the poster I initially wanted, having paid $35 for it (plus the postage fees that trading implies). It's much much much different to trade than to pay in cash. The best for me would be to have the chance to directly buy the poster I want, but the second best solution (that only implies extra shipping cost - which of course can be avoided in the instance that I am given the chance to buy the poster I want from the web store or the show) is trading. For me personally, there is no other solution, as I won't pay ridiculous prices for a poster.
    2006/09/30 Athens, 2007/06/12 Muenchen, 2007/06/13 Katowice, 2007/06/18 London, 2009/08/13 Rotterdam, 2009/08/15 Berlin, 2010/06/30 Berlin, 2010/07/10 Lisbon, 2011/09/03 Alpine Valley, 2011/09/04 Alpine Valley, 2012/07/07 Stockholm, 2012/07/08 Oslo, 2012/07/10 Copenhagen, 2014/06/16 Amsterdam, 2014/06/17 Amsterdam, 2018/06/18 London, 2018/07/01 Prague, 2018/07/03 Krakow, 2018/07/05 Berlin...
  • Options
    1upstate said:
    unknown said:
    tubes10s said:
    but are there people out there really going to that extreme ? stalking message boards for mutliple artist posters ?
    I kind of thought this was just a pearl jam issue, i didn't know many other bands that are having as much demand for
    posters in general.  I just don't see who has time for all that ?
    Phish posters are very difficult at shows, usually limited to 900-1000 per show, AP releases 50-100 and go in seconds. Same thing for Dave Matthews Band.  Other groups such as Foo Fighters,  Primus and a few others have a pretty big following as well. 

Imagine the shit show if PJ only released 1 poster with a 1,200 run?   
    Doesn't Pollock make smaller runs?

Also PJ used to do way more limited runs on posters.  2016 there was a significant increase which was noticeable.  There was a pic of a box with the 16 Emek print with a run of 1900 I believe?  

Everything started to change after Wrigley 13.
  • Options
    tubes10s said:
    It's not the way that they are sold that creates flippers - it's the scarcity of the items. Print more, sell more (earn more) and prices in secondary market will significantly drop. As will merch stand queues and web store queues. The "price that the flipper collects" should go to the artists that create posters and to the bands, and now it doesn't. My opinion is that posters should be sold in a way similar to the Vault vinyls: give people the opportunity to buy the poster they want by giving them a reasonable time frame to order it.

Also, of course there's a difference in buying a $35 poster as trade bait for one that's being sold for $500 and buying a $35 poster to sell it for cash. Imagine that I want the Berlin 2018 poster, for example, but miss it both at the show and at the poster drop. If I have the chance to buy a Rome 2018 poster for $35 despite not wanting to have one, I'll just buy it, knowing that it will possibly be easy for me to trade it for the Berlin 2018 that I want. Then, I'll get the poster I initially wanted, having paid $35 for it (plus the postage fees that trading implies). It's much much much different to trade than to pay in cash. The best for me would be to have the chance to directly buy the poster I want, but the second best solution (that only implies extra shipping cost - which of course can be avoided in the instance that I am given the chance to buy the poster I want from the web store or the show) is trading. For me personally, there is no other solution, as I won't pay ridiculous prices for a poster.
    I still say there's no difference in buying a $35 poster to trade for another high value poster, and buying a $35 poster to sell for a higher value in cash.  I also say that there's nothing wrong with doing that.  Just own it... I'm buying this poster in the hopes of flipping it to get the poster(s) that I want, whether that be by trade, selling, or whatever else.   

Of course the scarcity helps create flippers.  Scarcity absolutely falls under the way that they are sold.  That's a decision that is intentionally being made by those doing the selling to feed the merch frenzy.  Isn't it almost insulting to all of us that the ones who created the Say No To Flippers holograms are the ones who feed the flipper frenzy in the first place?  I'd love to see the folks who decide about posters just decide to print more.  (I'm kinda wondering if this is what is happening with the Seattle EMEK poster that is in the 10Club shop...)  I completely agree that I'd prefer to see the artists earn as much of the money from selling their posters instead of flippers as possible.  At the same time though, you know as well as I do that poster collectors here love the scarcity of the posters, and having rare posters that have high cash values.  With the current system of distributing posters, those who choose to stalk message boards and artist websites to buy and flip posters are putting in a lot more time and effort to get the posters than those who just want to buy any poster at any time at their own convenience.  I'd rather not pay secondary market prices either, but I definitely don't look down on those who go to the trouble and spend the time that others aren't willing to spend to get the posters, even if it is annoying when it makes it tough for me to get the posters that I want.  
    8-31-98 - Raleigh
    8-3-00 - Virginia Beach
    4-16-03 - Charlotte
    5-27-06 - Camden 1
    5-28-06 - Camden 2
    5-30-06 - DC
    6-17-08 - Virginia Beach
    6-22-08 - DC
    5-13-10 - Bristow
    10-27-13 - Baltimore
    10-29-13 - Charlottesville
    4-18-16 - Hampton
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,737
    118 people online right now. 265 yesterday at this time....
  • Options
    unknownunknown Posts: 531
    how do you tell that ?
  • Options
    tubes10s said:
    At the same time though, you know as well as I do that poster collectors here love the scarcity of the posters, and having rare posters that have high cash values.
    I speak only for myself and am not really a poster collector but I'd vastly prefer they were printed in abundance and readily available for the retail price.  I just want something nice to put on my walls.
  • Options
    the whole poster crazy has gotten out of hand, but i don't guess it will ever change
  • Options
    It will absolutely change if they print a million like EMEK Seattle. Supply and demand.
  • Options
    Some thoughts...I've got several hundred posters. All started with PJ from Portland at my first show in '98. Now, it's more about the art. For the longest time I just bought the poster from whatever show I attended. Then I discovered Emek, Sperry etc. I'd say maybe half of my collection is PJ, but they're all interconnected: bands I discovered opening for our boys, artists I admired...I think the prices on the secondary market are definitely out of hand, but I think completists like myself are part of the problem. Like the Taylor Werchter for example...I didn't think there was a chance in hell that poster would stick around in the shop, and I generally miss the drops. And other than the Emek Roma, I think that's the raddest poster from the '18 tour (I know, clearly, that I'm in the minority on this one). So I paid somebody 3x as much online for one a few weeks ago. I don't think there's an easy solution to the supply/demand problem. But as long as it IS a problem, that means, at least in this little corner of the world, that PJ is still touring, associating themselves with great art/artists, right?

Still hate flippers.
  • Options
    whats the chances on a drop today ?  does santos usually do poster drops back to back ?
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,435
    unknown said:
    whats the chances on a drop today ?  does santos usually do poster drops back to back ?
    50%
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    Krakow poster is sold out. That's it for today. There will be no drops 9/19/2018.

slh
    Go to work.
  • Options
    1upstate1upstate near Syracuse NY Posts: 201
    Krakow poster is sold out. That's it for today. There will be no drops 9/19/2018.

slh
    Go to work.
    or read more, post less 
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine"
  • Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    edited September 2018
    unknown said:

Pretty sure yesterday he mentioned in his post there will NOT be a drop today.
  • Options
    ok can someone confirm that there is not a drop today ? 
  • Options
    unknown said:
    ok can someone confirm that there is not a drop today ? 
    Confirmed.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
This discussion has been closed.