Kavanaugh

Comments

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    tbergs said:
    I don't get why people get so hung up on the whole "you can't prove Kavanaugh committed the assault" therefore just confirm him. Sure, let's assume Kavanaugh and Ford cancel each other out on the sexual assault accusation and look at what we've got left based on character analysis and integrity. Who outright lied in their testimony? Why isn't that the end of the conversation either way? You can think she lied and still know that BK lied and showed he's a biased decision maker who lacks the required tact to be on the bench.

Is there just no one better? Is it a case of slim pickings for the USA?
    I'd settle for this Slim Pickens honestly.

It's just all about the party in power not backing down and winning no matter what it means. I really don't know how those Republican senators convinced themselves that this vote to confirm BK is the hill they were willing to die on. It's fucked up....time for another beer. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited October 2018
    I bet a “Kavanaugh Brew” beer would sell like crazy at the next RNC!
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
    PJPOWER said:
    I bet a “Kavenaugh Brew” beer would sell like crazy at the next RNC!
    I'm sure the beer is flowing at his place tonight. Put his angry face on a home brew and serve it at Trump rallys. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Any court cases coming up where his nomination will be felt?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    mcgruff10 said:
    Well, I don’t think there will be a hysterical run on firearms or ammo any time soon.
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

mcgruff10 said:
    Yes, the Gamble v. US case is one of the main ones they will hear regarding double jeopardy based on state and federal charges for the same crime. Some believe it could open the gates to Trump pardoning state crimes.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    edited October 2018
    How is that different than the thousands of death threats Kavanaugh family received?
    I think all are ridiculous, if it matters who backs who, I’m just wondering why you pointed out the one guy who threatened violence if he wasn’t confirmed and ignore the thousands who threatened it if he was and forced a 10 year old girl to go into hiding with her family.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Well, I don’t think there will be a hysterical run on firearms or ammo any time soon.
    Very very true. 
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    tbergs said:
    And yet again we reward someone for displaying poor judgment and character to a position of extreme power. I know there are some on here who get annoyed that white privileged males are ridiculed, but you need look no further than our president and BK to see the glaring benefit it was for both of them in attaining their positions.
    Exactly. We all know what happens when women display as much anger as Kavanaugh did. 

“Shrill”

”Hysterical”

”Crazy”
    This is true
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yes, the Gamble v. US case is one of the main ones they will hear regarding double jeopardy based on state and federal charges for the same crime. Some believe it could open the gates to Trump pardoning state crimes.
    That's interesting, to say the least
  • tbergs said:
    tbergs said:
    I don't get why people get so hung up on the whole "you can't prove Kavanaugh committed the assault" therefore just confirm him. Sure, let's assume Kavanaugh and Ford cancel each other out on the sexual assault accusation and look at what we've got left based on character analysis and integrity. Who outright lied in their testimony? Why isn't that the end of the conversation either way? You can think she lied and still know that BK lied and showed he's a biased decision maker who lacks the required tact to be on the bench.

Is there just no one better? Is it a case of slim pickings for the USA?
    I'd settle for this Slim Pickens honestly.

It's just all about the party in power not backing down and winning no matter what it means. I really don't know how those Republican senators convinced themselves that this vote to confirm BK is the hill they were willing to die on. It's fucked up....time for another beer. 
    As much as I poke fun at you guys (Americans) in various threads, I truly feel badly for the majority of Americans that are aghast for the current political situation. 

In Seattle for the home shows, I met several fantastic Americans (like I always do when I'm visiting there). 

In particular, we met a family from Idaho that was trying to find a place to sit at the Pyramid Ale House. A chunk of our party left early to the venue and left four seats vacant. A young girl approached our table and asked if her father, mother and sister could join us. Of course, we said 'yes' and they sat down. They were fabulous people. The mother sat beside me and when introductions were occurring, she asked where we were from. I said, 'Canada'.

She immediately developed a slightly uncomfortable look. She then leaned over and asked me kinda quietly what I thought of their president. I paused. Before I could answer, she blurted, 'we think he's an asshole'. I laughed and said, 'we do too.' She then asked for us to not judge them for his blemish on the global landscape. 

I'll stop there... but trust me when I say it was a recurring theme.

Great people in America. A f**king horrific president. And the trickle down effect has been shittier than I thought. He's actually impacting the social fabric of the country... and not in a good way. 
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Completely off subject... I can't stop listening to Simple Man by Lynyrd Skynyrd. And drinking a craft radler from a local brewery.

I watched the docu on them If I Leave Here Tomorrow and was saddened. Ronnie Van Zant was a cool cat. As the plane was plummeting towards earth... Van Zant walked up and down the aisle, shaking hands and saying goodbye to his friends.
  • RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    PJPOWER said:
    I bet a “Kavanaugh Brew” beer would sell like crazy at the next RNC!
    I think its time for a cigar.
  • RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    I saw the Missoula tour poster depicting the white house on fire & the vultures pecking some dead people out in front of the White House. My 10 Club membership is up at the end of December.  I will not be  renewing.  You can all raise a glass to that.
    I'M DONE WITH PJ.  PJ should take some lessons from Dead & Co.  I saw them two nights in a row this last summer phenomenal shows.  Good old fashion fun and camaraderie.  Everybody left their politics at home.  I'm sure they are liberal as hell but they do not flaunt it or preach it during their shows, Bob Weir and dead and Company have tremendous class. They play great music everybody puts politics aside and leaves there troubles behind and enjoys the show together. 
    Eddie can't go 3 songs anymore without stopping to preach his politics to us expecting all his fans to be nodding in agreeance like a bunch of bobbleheads.  No thanks.  No way can I continue. No way. 
    I have loved Pearl Jam for 25+ years as of lately they have lost me. I will always love their music but I can no longer support them.
    And so you won't be hearing from me anymore and you guys can light your own cigars and raise a toast to that.  Unemployment is at its lowest in the last 50 years.  I have to watch this rally now in Topeka Kansas
    Good bye, and so long.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587
    mfc2006 said:
    Party over morality. Disgusting.
    Party over common sense and decency as well
    Decency and morality are gone.  josevolution said:
    rgambs said:
    We deserve Kavanaugh.
    A nation of deplorable trash deserves a Trump Presidency and a court full of Kavanaugh trash.
    Agreed we deserve this total trash ..
    This entire administration is total fucking trash.  Its beyond comprehension at this point.  
    Once again I have to ask what's worse?

This fucked up, narcissistic, hateful, lying trash of an administration. 

Or the  people who support it, believe  in it, and will  vote for it agan?
    Both.  Its disturbing that people defend and actually back this garbage administration.  AND WILL VOTE FOR IT AGAIN!?!?  Its sickening.  
    If the Dems put up a more moderate candidate who doesn't attack sexual assault victims, I bet they'd win (assuming the Economy doesn't keep zooming up which one would think it can't possibly, because that's ultimately what people vote on).

If they go all Elizabeth Warren on the country, they will lose.

The other candidate matters.
    Same old Hillary bullshit defense. 
    Did she not attack sexual assault victims?  Or, was it a different time? Or, are we just supposed to forgive and forget b/c you say so?

And yet you guys still don't understand why Trump was elected.   Too funny.
    What’s your half baked theory as to why trump won?

Much longer conversation, so I will keep it to 2 words that liberals are very full of - arrogance and hubris.   And nobody bigger on that than Hillary and Debbie Schultz. 

You know who understood that?   Bernie supporters.  He was a far worse candidate that would never have gotten elected, but they knew her Achilles heal.  

Thats not not to say Trump isn’t full of arrogance.  Just that his strategy was arrogance.  She and her supporters are still to this day completely un self aware.  Dangerous place to be,

its much more more complicated than that, but what you think people should care about isn’t what they care about.
    Thanks for sharing your half-baked theory that is basically you coming up with motivations of millions of trump supporters because Hillary wasn’t likeable. And Sanders would’ve crushed trump if he was nominated. 

The explanatim is much longer, but this is the wrong thread and improper method.  Anyway, good luck with Elizabeth Warren.  Trump awaits his second term. 

Bernie Sanders.  Too funny.  

#TheOtherCandidateMatters
    Do you have any data that supports your theory? Or any that supports trump winning a second term? 
  • RYME said:
    I saw the Missoula tour poster depicting the white house on fire & the vultures pecking some dead people out in front of the White House. My 10 Club membership is up at the end of December.  I will not be  renewing.  You can all raise a glass to that.
    I'M DONE WITH PJ.  PJ should take some lessons from Dead & Co.  I saw them two nights in a row this last summer phenomenal shows.  Good old fashion fun and camaraderie.  Everybody left their politics at home.  I'm sure they are liberal as hell but they do not flaunt it or preach it during their shows, Bob Weir and dead and Company have tremendous class. They play great music everybody puts politics aside and leaves there troubles behind and enjoys the show together. 
    Eddie can't go 3 songs anymore without stopping to preach his politics to us expecting all his fans to be nodding in agreeance like a bunch of bobbleheads.  No thanks.  No way can I continue. No way. 
    I have loved Pearl Jam for 25+ years as of lately they have lost me. I will always love their music but I can no longer support them.
    And so you won't be hearing from me anymore and you guys can light your own cigars and raise a toast to that.  Unemployment is at its lowest in the last 50 years.  I have to watch this rally now in Topeka Kansas
    Good bye, and so long.
    See ya in Heaven!
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    edited October 2018
    RYME said:
    Good bye, and so long.

Post edited by PJNB on
  • And hey... talk about bobbleheads nodding away like morons... what about your congregation (shouting 'hallelujah' too)?

Don't tell me the people at church aren't in full agreement mode when they get their weekly brainwashing.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Hey, guess I’m moving up another spot!

Thank god for small mercies. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    Hey, guess I’m moving up another spot!

Thank god for small mercies. 

• SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    What would Jesus do?

Agree with PJ or the Trump admin and republicans?

Hint:  answer is MUCH closer to the former.
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:
    Good bye, and so long.

I m hoping his fanclub number is below 139682. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:
    Good bye, and so long.

Joined 2007. 

RYME said:
    Good bye, and so long.
    ..... and thanks for all the fish. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:
    Good bye, and so long.

Hope so too! Honest question. Did you think Eddie talked politics too much at Wrigley 2? I don't remember it being that bad. 
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:
    Good bye, and so long.

Hope so too! Honest question. Did you think Eddie talked politics too much at Wrigley 2? I don't remember it being that bad. 
    No not at all. He rambled on and on about other things but not a lot of politics.  I think he told everyone to get involved and vote but I can’t remember a mention of anything trump. 
    You should have seen them in 03 lol. 
    Seattle and Fenway were about voting, too. Some veiled comments but never even mentioned the orange one by name. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:
    Good bye, and so long.

No not at all. He rambled on and on about other things but not a lot of politics.  I think he told everyone to get involved and vote but I can’t remember a mention of anything trump. 
    You should have seen them in 03 lol. 
    Fucking right I should have! 
  • VOLAREVOLARE Posts: 313
    edited October 2018
    RYME said:
    Good bye, and so long.
    Hey! I just moved up a spot in line!
    8-28-92 Harriet Island
    6-16-93 University Theatre, UM
    2-8-95 Adams Field House
    6-20-98 Washington-Grizzly Stadium
    5-28-03 Adams Field House
    8-29-05 Adams Field House
    7-22-06 Gorge Amphitheater
    9-3-11 Alpine Valley
    9-30-12 Adams Field House
    10-31-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder