Options

Oral History of the ‘Judgment Night’ Soundtrack: 1993’s Rap-Rock Utopia

Comments

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Highly enjoyed that read!  As I mentioned in the duplicate thread, probably the best soundtrack of all time!  Just Another Victim, Fallin', Me Myself & My Microphone, Freak Momma, Missing Link, & Real Thing are all fucking great tunes!  Not a bad song on the album.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,738
    LOVE the soundtrack. Sorry about the duplicated thread.

Wish they did more of these Rap & Rock compilation releases.

My favorite track off the soundtrack is Del the Funky Homosapien & Dinosaur Jr. - Missing Link

• Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,834
    Thanks for posting. It shook loose some good memories from this era. Really enjoyed reading the artists' perspectives. Maybe the Tool/RATM collabo will one day make it out of their vaults.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I have a guilty pleasure for the movie, I'll admit.  It's not a great movie by any means, but it keeps me entertained.  Dennis Leary was actually pretty damn convincing as the villain.  Jeremy Piven's reaction when they crash the RV cracks me the hell up every time.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    I have a guilty pleasure for the movie, I'll admit.  It's not a great movie by any means, but it keeps me entertained.  Dennis Leary was actually pretty damn convincing as the villain.  Jeremy Piven's reaction when they crash the RV cracks me the hell up every time.

I went to see it at the movies BECAUSE of the soundtrack. Yeah... it is a guilty pleasure for me too. I have seen much worse. I mean what did people expect with a cast of Everlast and Emilio Estavez?

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,834
    In the RS article the live performance video of Del/Dinosaur, Jr. has Mike D. of the Beasties on drums :sunglasses:
  • Options
    jjflash said:
    Thanks for posting. It shook loose some good memories from this era. Really enjoyed reading the artists' perspectives. Maybe the Tool/RATM collabo will one day make it out of their vaults.
    You're welcome, and no worries @demetrios
    Yeah, there's some great quotes in this article. I really enjoyed Cypress Hill's perspective on playing Drop In The Park, working with Pearl Jam, and how Eddie didn't show up for Live and Loud.

I had no idea about the Tool/RATM collaboration. Given the history of the Tapeworm project, I'm not holding my breath on hearing this one anytime soon.