Options

I play my Vitalogy vinyl LP as loud as I can with the windows open - I hate my neighbors

Comments

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    dankind said:
    tbergs said:
    tbergs said:
    Another option is to set off all your smoke detectors, throw on Evacuation and run around your yard screaming along with Eddie as he sings Eeeeeeee-vac-uuuuu-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-tionnnnnn!
    geez, you have lots of ideas
    I can sympathize. I have bad neighbors. They sit in their garage with the bright fluorescent lights on drinking beer and smoking until the sun goes down and beyond. Occasionally they'll blare some explicit rap songs while they say fuck every other word with their 3 year old lapping it all up. Nice people other than that...
    Takes all kinds.
    Just not YOUR kind!
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/266838/the-you-are-thread
    Peace sells.... But who's buying...?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    tbergs said:
    tbergs said:
    Another option is to set off all your smoke detectors, throw on Evacuation and run around your yard screaming along with Eddie as he sings Eeeeeeee-vac-uuuuu-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-tionnnnnn!
    geez, you have lots of ideas
    I can sympathize. I have bad neighbors. They sit in their garage with the bright fluorescent lights on drinking beer and smoking until the sun goes down and beyond. Occasionally they'll blare some explicit rap songs while they say fuck every other word with their 3 year old lapping it all up. Nice people other than that...
    Takes all kinds.
    Just not YOUR kind!
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/266838/the-you-are-thread
    Peace sells.... But who's buying...?
    Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,463
    My neighbours just moved out this past weekend after only being in a year. A group of us put the pressure on them. Their german sheppard attacked the neighbor on the other side of us, who is 70 and had to go to hospital to be treated and get stiches. There was a few yelling incidents and late night visits by the cops. But all is peace now!!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    BLACK35 said:
    My neighbours just moved out this past weekend after only being in a year. A group of us put the pressure on them. Their german sheppard attacked the neighbor on the other side of us, who is 70 and had to go to hospital to be treated and get stiches. There was a few yelling incidents and late night visits by the cops. But all is peace now!!
    hallelujah!!!
  • Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,100
    edited September 2018
    A family of five moved in upstairs from me in my building. 3 kids, all under the age of 10. 
    I’m in hell. So loud, running and jumping. Banging things. Sounds like the Kentucky Derby is happening directly above me. 

They are extremely nice people, which spares them from any noise retaliation on my part. It’s just poor taste in my opinion, to move into an upstairs apartment with 3 young kids. My quality of life is truly suffering. 

The only saving grace is that it’s done by 9pm. Must be bedtime. 
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Great thread title..hahahah
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options

play JUDAS PRIEST

screaming for vengeance

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I love German Shepards... sad to see these bad stories

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    Neighbour stress is the worst form of stress a person can have outside of health concerns with family or friends.
    It really is a serious issue. Do you have an HOA Buck? Maybe take your concerns to them if this goes beyond staring. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Neighbour stress is the worst form of stress a person can have outside of health concerns with family or friends.
    It really is a serious issue. Do you have an HOA Buck? Maybe take your concerns to them if this goes beyond staring. 
    I do have an HOA - l am a big boy, I think I might try talking to her. I might say something like this, “if I was doing something that bothered you, i would want to know, right?”
    Post edited by buck502000 on
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    dankind said:
    Ever tried knocking on their door and asking what's up?

I don't talk to mine, but if they appeared to have a problem with me, I'd ask what the issue was before acting like a damn teenager mad at mom.
    He got the drift after one play.  He is an asshole and yes, I have talked to them.  He is bad cop who got canned from the local police department, now working satellite ER security because no police force will take him. 

That was a few years ago for me.  Pleasantly silent ever since.  

Teenager mad was far more effective.  :smile:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    my2hands said:

I'm sure there are many pleasent Shepards. 
    My neighbors tried coming threw the hedge in our yard in the winter when my wife was pregnant and scared her enough that she fell. Fuck I was pissed. That was the last straw and I walked right on over there and wrapped on their door. 
  • Options
    my2hands said:

Wait until one breaks off its chain and runs into your yard to maul your five year old son.

F**king hate them. I'm not surprised by these other stories. They can be awful animals when trained poorly and there are plenty of poor owners.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    edited September 2018
    my2hands said:

Wait until one breaks off its chain and runs into your yard to maul your five year old son.

F**king hate them. I'm not surprised by these other stories. They can be awful animals when trained poorly and there are plenty of poor owners.
    My parents neighbors have always had german shepards.  One time one of their dogs jumped our four foot fence and nearly killed my brittany spaniel.  Fucker had its teeth wrapped around my dogs throat.  Thank god the neighbor came over within seconds and ripped the dog off or else my dog would have been done.   Took my dad awhile but he finally put up a six foot fence and there hasn't been a problem since.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:

My parents neighbors have always had german shepards.  One time one of their dogs jumped our four foot fence and nearly killed my brittany spaniel.  Fucker had its teeth wrapped around my dogs throat.  Thank god the neighbor came over within seconds and ripped the dog off or else my dog would have been done.   Took my dad awhile but he finally put up a six foot fence and there hasn't been a problem since.

Yah. Just lovely animals.

I'll never get my head around people insisting on having dangerous breeds of dogs as their chosen 'pet' when so many others would be fantastic. I can't imagine the stress owners would have seeing little children running around their beast when they know their beast is studying them and wondering if it should go jump on them and maul them because it's poorly developed brain just can't understand that there is no threat whatsoever.

The same dog that attacked my kid ran out onto the street and attacked a pregnant lady (we found this out after our son was attacked). We left our neighbour with a choice- the most desirable being put the animal down. They said they did and the animal was gone. Then we found out they never actually did- they passed the problem on to someone else. Obviously, the animal lived to bite again. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:

I'll never get my head around people insisting on having dangerous breeds of dogs as their chosen 'pet' when so many others would be fantastic. I can't imagine the stress owners would have seeing little children running around their beast when they know their beast is studying them and wondering if it should go jump on them and maul them because it's poorly developed brain just can't understand that there is no threat whatsoever.

The same dog that attacked my kid ran out onto the street and attacked a pregnant lady (we found this out after our son was attacked). We left our neighbour with a choice- the most desirable being put the animal down. They said they did and the animal was gone. Then we found out they never actually did- they passed the problem on to someone else. Obviously, the animal lived to bite again. 
    Jesus, what happened to your son?  Were there any injuries?  Is he ok?
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:

I've talked about this before on these pages and won't nauseate anyone repeating myself too much, but in short... a hospital visit and puncture wounds on his arm with the associated bruising and emotional trauma (he still doesn't trust dogs and he's 20).

The dog ran across two yards into our driveway, jumped on him, grabbed him by the forearm, and shook him so hard his shoe flew out onto the street. He did so because he was saying, "Hi" to our neighbour (it's owner) as he was coming in from outside.

I'll stop the story there. F**k I was mad. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:

I've talked about this before on these pages and won't nauseate anyone repeating myself too much, but in short... a hospital visit and puncture wounds on his arm with the associated bruising and emotional trauma (he still doesn't trust dogs and he's 20).

The dog ran across two yards into our driveway, jumped on him, grabbed him by the forearm, and shook him so hard his shoe flew out onto the street. He did so because he was saying, "Hi" to our neighbour (it's owner) as he was coming in from outside.

I am genuinely sorry to hear that, it is beyond terrible.  Was the dog put down after it attacked the pregnant lady?
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:

I am genuinely sorry to hear that, it is beyond terrible.  Was the dog put down after it attacked the pregnant lady?

No.

The dog had bitten the pregnant lady (unbeknownst to us) before it attacked my son.

If I was the owner, that incident would have been the clincher, but some people are really really stupid. They think that maybe it was the pregnant lady's fault their ridiculous beast attacked. Like... why she walking by their house? 
  • Options
    Dogs are a reflection of their owner.
  • Options
    LMAO. If you hate your neighbors you should play techno, country, pop (idk....bad music). You’re giving them a gift and a treat! While you are playing them crap, put your ear buds in and grunge out to PJ!
  • Options
    Dogs are a reflection of their owner.

You're not wrong when you say this; however, there are tons of bad owners and a big, bad breed in a bad owner's possession is a serious risk.
  • Options
    deadendp said:
    dankind said:

I don't talk to mine, but if they appeared to have a problem with me, I'd ask what the issue was before acting like a damn teenager mad at mom.
    He got the drift after one play.  He is an asshole and yes, I have talked to them.  He is bad cop who got canned from the local police department, now working satellite ER security because no police force will take him. 

Interesting and sad times in which we live. 

I had a German Shepherd when I was a kid, and that fucker was racist. It was cool with all of my friends except Carlos. It must’ve been a border patrol dog or some shit before we got it. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    I really did not mean to make light of a serious situation....I apologize. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:

No.

The dog had bitten the pregnant lady (unbeknownst to us) before it attacked my son.

If I was the owner, that incident would have been the clincher, but some people are really really stupid. They think that maybe it was the pregnant lady's fault their ridiculous beast attacked. Like... why she walking by their house? 
    What the fuck. I definitely would have thrown dog bones soaked in antifreeze over the fence. 

• Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    dankind said:

I had a German Shepherd when I was a kid, and that fucker was racist. It was cool with all of my friends except Carlos. It must’ve been a border patrol dog or some shit before we got it. 
    I think Larry David also had a racist German Shepard.
  • Options
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    dankind said:

You are shitting me. For real?
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    dankind said:

For real.

He would growl and bark and chase Carlos around the yard. We’d have to lock him in a bathroom if Carlos was coming over to play. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    dankind said:

For real.

He would growl and bark and chase Carlos around the yard. We’d have to lock him in a bathroom if Carlos was coming over to play. 
    THat is some funny shit bud. 
  • Options
    I thought I’d make a thread that wasn’t about tickets or merch. Glad we can entertain each other....