Options

Obstructed view for 10C seats at Fenway

124»

Comments

• Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,822
    mace1229 said:
    Has anyone complained to 10c and heard anything back?
    I'd be curious. It is pretty standard to inform the ticket holder they have obstructed views before buying the ticket. Saying you may be far back and having an obstructed view are completely different things. I mean, I'd rather have a clean view from nose bleeds than site right behind the sound tent on the field.
    Bad seats was fair game, obstructed view I think wasn't right, especially at $250 a pair.
    What would have had the 10 Club do? Honest question: you're in charge of ticketing the event. You request as many sections as possible, the Sox respond that you can have several turf sections, some field boxes, some roof seats, and most of the grandstand (some of which have obstructed views). Do you turn down the grandstand seats because they might have some obstructed view seats and shut out a solid chunk of your fan base?
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,992
    mpedone said:
    mace1229 said:
    I'd be curious. It is pretty standard to inform the ticket holder they have obstructed views before buying the ticket. Saying you may be far back and having an obstructed view are completely different things. I mean, I'd rather have a clean view from nose bleeds than site right behind the sound tent on the field.
    Bad seats was fair game, obstructed view I think wasn't right, especially at $250 a pair.
    What would have had the 10 Club do? Honest question: you're in charge of ticketing the event. You request as many sections as possible, the Sox respond that you can have several turf sections, some field boxes, some roof seats, and most of the grandstand (some of which have obstructed views). Do you turn down the grandstand seats because they might have some obstructed view seats and shut out a solid chunk of your fan base?
    Just letting them know in my mind it is unacceptable, and if obstructed views were part of the agreement that should be disclosed. I'd probably try to locate something from TM where these seats were sold and verify they were listed as obstructed. And if they were a cheaper price I'd point that out as well. 
    Really it would just be nice to get an apology and a statement saying "We are sorry for the obstructed seats, we will make sure to not include these in future drawings"
    Thats all just hypothetical, I actually had great seats. I just think its a valid complaint and I dont think its right, those seats usually go for a discount.
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,352
    mace1229 said:
    mpedone said:
    mace1229 said:
    Just letting them know in my mind it is unacceptable, and if obstructed views were part of the agreement that should be disclosed. I'd probably try to locate something from TM where these seats were sold and verify they were listed as obstructed. And if they were a cheaper price I'd point that out as well. 
    Really it would just be nice to get an apology and a statement saying "We are sorry for the obstructed seats, we will make sure to not include these in future drawings"
    Thats all just hypothetical, I actually had great seats. I just think its a valid complaint and I dont think its right, those seats usually go for a discount.
    The OP did say later in the thread that the tickets did say "obstructed view". And I'm still betting they were verified fan seats and not 10c seats.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,227
    This is another why 10c needs to change their ticket policy. I mean how can they say here pay for these tickets, i'm not going to tell you where they are, if theyre obstructed or if better seats will be available after. Oh and if you dont like them too bad you can only sell 1 and if you only wanted 1 in the first place, too bad you have to buy 2. 
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,822
    RP112579 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mpedone said:
    mace1229 said:
    The OP did say later in the thread that the tickets did say "obstructed view". And I'm still betting they were verified fan seats and not 10c seats.
    I don't doubt they were 10C tickets. We were in Grandstand 28 for N1. Fortunately, the pole in that section only obstructs a swath of the infield, so it's not bad for a concert. I feel like there was a fan on here railing against the obstructed views, and that he claimed it was marked on his ticket. Regardless, the more I think about it, the more I think the 10C could have done something after the lottery. I don't put too much on them for the way seats were assigned (i.e. I don't think they're going to inspect every seat to verify it's not obstructed before assigning it), but yeah, maybe after the fact, give the shafted fans a way to reach out and maybe exchange their tickets for less obstructed (though perhaps farther from the stage) seats? Especially given the "You can only sell one of your 10C tickets" restriction - even if you were able to score better seats via one of the later ticket drops or StubHub, you were still stuck with one ticket you "couldn't" sell (I know there were ways around it, but no one was ever *quite* sure they'd work, and I'm not sure many people would be comfy paying $125 for a screenshot of a ticket.

Essentially, I believe the 10C did the best they could to get the most seats they could, and I don't blame them for getting sections that had some obstructed view seats, but yes, I do agree they might have been able to do more to help fans improve their sight lines.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    pjl44 said:
    kst said:
    10c clearly disclosed seats may be far back or high up.  That alone would be disappointing but not really something to complain about.  On the other hand to my knowledge there was no disclosure about major obstructions such as the pole someone showed in a photo on this thread.  In my opinion someone could legitimately have a complaint about that.  

Personally my biggest complaint is they did not play Unthought Known either night.  There's no way there are 60 better songs than that.  I'm sorry but I never heard of Buffalo Tom.  Did we really need two of that song or any of the other repeats and no UK.  I mean seriously how does that happen? Shows were still good and knowing what I know now I would do it all again but that was a major omission.  One fan's view.
    ugh! I have gotten Unthought Blown twice, the only song off of Backspacer in my 4 shows post the LP's 2009 release, and aside from Johnny Guitar it's my least favorite song on the album & yes I can come up with 60+ PJ songs better than UK, but whatever, hopefully you get it lots in the future, you can always camp out for 3 days next time and stand at the rail and let Eddie know how bad you want to hear it, EV really likes the song so you won't have to twist his arm too much to play it
    This is the most needlessly aggressive response to someone liking a song that I've ever seen

Edit: Just re-read the original comment and that's pretty dick, too. You two deserve each other. I'm jumping on the positivity thread.
    blah, blah, blah, and I am going to be nauseous & really don't give a fuck, blah, blah, blah. I don't tell you how to feel or act, people are so sensitive & fragile trying to persuade people into their way of thinking, when everybody should just have their own opinions & we can debate it however we want, sticks & stones will break my bones, but names will never hurt me & BTW never even came close to saying anything that is prohibited, so go worry about yourself, I assure you I am more than cool
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    RP112579 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mpedone said:
    mace1229 said:
    Yes, but you don't get the tickets until 6 months after paying for them, and just a couple weeks before the show. And they are non-refundable, non-transferable. So that does nothing to inform you at that point. All that does is tell you it was known they were obstructed, and did nothing to warn or compensate you.
    That is unless they were verified fan as you said. In that case, yes, different story. But from what I read he said they were 10c.
  • Options
    Redrumh2oRedrumh2o Boston, MA Posts: 290
    My tickets in GS9, the pic with the pole that had a 9 on it were my 10C seats and were not marked obstructed view in any way.

I dealt with it, and it was a good show, but still disappointing.

Here is the official wording from the sale:
    Reserved Seating: 
In order to accommodate more Ten Club members than ever before, please be aware Ten Club seated tickets will be spread further back than usual, and include some of the best seat locations in the house. For Seattle, Chicago and Boston this includes seats on the field, seats in the lower level of the bowl and seats in the front rows of the upper level. For Missoula, seats are located throughout the 100 level. Reserved seated tickets are assigned to members based on seniority in the Ten Club and will start closest to the stage extending back.

Yes it says spread further back, but it also says "and include some of the best seat locations in the house". Many of the best views are further back as if you are not in the front of the field, the field is terrible for someone short like me. I was expecting to be back, way back because of my number, but with a good view. Nothing states anywhere they could be obstructed. Could it be the RS or TM fault for not labeling these tickets obstructed view? Possibly

What gets me if there were obstructed view tickets on TM for this show up until the day of. I could have at least saved $80 on a pair......or if I knew they were going to be obstructed and I had such a number I probably would not have even entered and waited until someone offered a good 10C seat for face. I had the opportunity to grab many Field B row 1 or other seats with amazing views offered my members, but I was stuck with my pair that I did not know had a pole in front of them.

It is what it is I guess

• Options
    Redrumh2o said:
    My tickets in GS9, the pic with the pole that had a 9 on it were my 10C seats and were not marked obstructed view in any way.

I dealt with it, and it was a good show, but still disappointing.

Here is the official wording from the sale:
    Reserved Seating: 
In order to accommodate more Ten Club members than ever before, please be aware Ten Club seated tickets will be spread further back than usual, and include some of the best seat locations in the house. For Seattle, Chicago and Boston this includes seats on the field, seats in the lower level of the bowl and seats in the front rows of the upper level. For Missoula, seats are located throughout the 100 level. Reserved seated tickets are assigned to members based on seniority in the Ten Club and will start closest to the stage extending back.

Yes it says spread further back, but it also says "and include some of the best seat locations in the house". Many of the best views are further back as if you are not in the front of the field, the field is terrible for someone short like me. I was expecting to be back, way back because of my number, but with a good view. Nothing states anywhere they could be obstructed. Could it be the RS or TM fault for not labeling these tickets obstructed view? Possibly

What gets me if there were obstructed view tickets on TM for this show up until the day of. I could have at least saved $80 on a pair......or if I knew they were going to be obstructed and I had such a number I probably would not have even entered and waited until someone offered a good 10C seat for face. I had the opportunity to grab many Field B row 1 or other seats with amazing views offered my members, but I was stuck with my pair that I did not know had a pole in front of them.

It is what it is I guess

I'd be upset for that last part. Those tickets typically go for a lot less. Those complaining about being far back don't have anything to complain about. But obstructed views I 100% agree and would be pissed too if it happened to me.