siriusxm freebie

mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,429
now through sept 10 2018 free access on inactive radios AND on the app....

visit www.siriusxm.com for details and some Stern video content.
_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    I remember when all radio was free.   
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I like Sirius ...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,429
    edited September 2018
    brianlux said:
    with restricictions on speech. and content  limited to market and range....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    True. 

The difference for me in radio today is the lack of great DJ's like Wolfman Jack, "Big Daddy" Tom Donahue, John Peel, Murray The K, Alan Freed, Abe "Voco" Kesh, and Dusty Street, among others.

For me, radio is dead.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,429
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    True. 

The difference for me in radio today is the lack of great DJ's like Wolfman Jack, "Big Daddy" Tom Donahue, John Peel, Murray The K, Alan Freed, Abe "Voco" Kesh, and Dusty Street, among others.

For me, radio is dead.
    Jim Ladd has a regular nightly show........

The Detroit market has 2 excellent rock stations with very good DJS ... Radio just has to many commercials...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    edited September 2018
    The Detroit market has 2 excellent rock stations with very good DJS ... Radio just has to many commercials...
    Bingo! And it's always the same commercials on repeat.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    Nothing better than Sirius on a road trip...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Nothing better than Sirius on a road trip...
    Agreed! 

And channel 70 becomes a heavy favorite (guilty pleasure) of mine during the summer's. I love me some yacht rock radio! 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    True. 

For me, radio is dead.
    Uncle Brian please tell us the story of when you first heard  Rock Around the Clock on your dad's AM radio while driving late at night in his '54 Checy
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    True. 

For me, radio is dead.
    Uncle Brian please tell us the story of when you first heard  Rock Around the Clock on your dad's AM radio while driving late at night in his '54 Checy
    :lol: 

Actually my father (who we called Pop) did have a thing for Chevy's for several years- The first one I can remember was this late 40's old flat black battle-axe Chevy of some kind.  Our black cat, Ebony, crawled under the hood one night to get warm and got caught in the fan blade the next morning.  She turned mean and we had to have her put down.  I cried and cried!  Next one I can remember was a '56 sedan.  I believe it was a One-Fifty in this gawd awful two-tone grey and peach colored.  Next up was a '64 Chevy II, no thrills but a really cool light blue metallic  color.  When that one wore out the next up was a '72 Chevelle in a metallic gold.  I think that was Pop's mid-life crisis years, lol.  I borrowed it  one night to go to work, called in sick, and took my girl friend  to the old Fillmore West to see Larry Coryell and got it banged up.  Hell to pay!  After I left home I bought a '65 Malibu that was sweet!  Metallic midnight blue, big wheels, air shocks.  Only a small block 8 but plenty of get up and go.  Lots of fun!

But as for music- no, no Bill Haley and the Comets.  Back then with Pop at the wheel of the car or TV shows it was all Glen Miller, Bing Crosby, Ed Ames, Johnny Mathis, Harry Belafonte, and, of course, Lawrence Welk.  "Anna wan, anna two..."

Now here's a bizarre side note:  My old brain couldn't come up with a few of those names so I went to Wikipedia and looked up "crooners"  Listed among those "crooners"- swear to God- is none other than Glen Danzig.  What the hell?  :lol: