Giraffes could go extinct because people want rugs and pillows.

lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,711
edited August 2018 in A Moving Train
The Dodo (@dodo) Tweeted:
The U.S. is one of the biggest markets for giraffe parts. https://t.co/G7Hp9MjR7X

This is so unnecessary.  What is the world doing. Get a hemp rug or something . 

brixton 93
astoria 06
albany 06
hartford 06
reading 06
barcelona 06
paris 06
wembley 07
dusseldorf 07
nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
Post edited by lastexitlondon on

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,869
    edited August 2018
    Fuck people (as a species).

One out of five young girls in Sweden are vegetarian - leading the charge.

One out of five people in the US want giraffe rugs. 

Get with it.

:)
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,711
    Yeah  I'm blown away by wanting a giraffe body part. Foot or leg or a baby preserved . Just what for?
    I'm not really an activist but I can't understand this.
    1 giraffe a day is imported into the u.s  legally for this.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    why would someone want that?
    It turns out many are wanting and getting it.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

It's legal as well. That s shocking
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    Sick 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    Aside from the silly joke about 1/5 people in US wanting giraffe rugs I agree with everything posted here. 
    Why do we need giraffe rugs? 
    People are whacked.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,869
    edited August 2018
    10.000 species a year is going extinct because of 1.

I heard from somewhere.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    I would probably eat giraffe if I was starving, but a giraffe rug or pillow is a bit vain for my liking.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    hunting for trophies makes me want to vomit. 

and I really hate vomitting. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• I like that picture of Trump Jr. gleefully holding up the giraffe tail he crudely severed from its mutilated corpse. He's a big tuff hunter like all the other big tuff hunters that pay money to go to Africa and kill things.

Some people go to Africa and take pictures of things and enjoy them. Others go to Africa and kill things. They pat people on the head and with an obscene twist of logic... tell them they are helping the local economy and conservation efforts. The argument is tantamount to some scumbag saying he has helped a starving family by paying them to sleep with their daughter.

I want a rhinoceros to mow over that goofy looking rodent. How fast could he run away? He looks less athletic than his pud father. F**king wanker. 
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    I want a hippo for my moat.  The ultimate in water protection!

Is that legal?
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    That photo of the human pig with a giraffe rug just makes me want to puke.  What kind of a sick fuck would do that? 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    brianlux said:
    That photo of the human pig with a giraffe rug just makes me want to puke.  What kind of a sick fuck would do that? 
    Both of the baffoons son's love to kill big game all the time on safari's ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    brianlux said:
    Both of the baffoons son's love to kill big game all the time on safari's ...
    They hate life, hate the world, and only want to destroy.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

Sometimes I can't work out how I share the same air and earth as some people. 
    We seem world's apart from these people .
    It baffles  me that anyone wants these things in their  life  as furniture and animal body parts as ornimants . 

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Nearly 40,000 giraffe parts have been imported to the US in last 10 years

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/aug/23/giraffe-parts-humane-society-report

This is why no one takes leftist serious ... this has been an ongoing problem ... yet its a Trump problem.  Some of you are getting pathetic and to damn delicate.  Ans I'm no Trump supporter.  Just someone who is skeptical of any politician.
    Give Peas A Chance…

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/aug/23/giraffe-parts-humane-society-report

This is why no one takes leftist serious ... this has been an ongoing problem ... yet its a Trump problem.  Some of you are getting pathetic and to damn delicate.  Ans I'm no Trump supporter.  Just someone who is skeptical of any politician.
    you never saw Malia or Sasha standing over a dead giraffe holding their severed tail. that's the difference. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

you never saw Malia or Sasha standing over a dead giraffe holding their severed tail. that's the difference. 
    Of course not ... I'm not defending him.  It is not something that just started under Trump ... like I said pathetic.  Enjoy Trump till 2024.
    Give Peas A Chance…

Of course not ... I'm not defending him.  It is not something that just started under Trump ... like I said pathetic.  Enjoy Trump till 2024.
    no one is claiming it started under him. where are you getting this BS?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Sadly it's true, it didn't start with Trump.  But I'll bet you anything more people in Trump's circle by far would support killing giraffes than in Obama's circle.

And if Trump is re-elected, I'm going to have myself cryogenically frozen for four years.

LMFAO ... if Obama cared so much why did he not ban the practice...

It's been going a while.  But we'll blame Trump...

Trophy hunting is WRONG!  If you are in a position to stop trophy but fail to, then I'm going to assume you are supporting.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258

Trophy hunting is WRONG!  If you are in a position to stop trophy but fail to, then I'm going to assume you are supporting.

Wait your saying that if Obama wanted he could of banned big game hunting in Africa ? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....

JESUS. no one said trump started the practice or he is directly to blame for it. but his SONS ACTUALLY TROPHY BIG GAME HUNT. and their character is directly related to trump.

what the fuck does obama have to do with this?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Wait your saying that if Obama wanted he could of banned big game hunting in Africa ? 
    Are you following the discussion or interrupting without proper knowledge.  We are talking about giraffes parts being imported in your country.  

I would suspect if the banning of giraffes parts coming into the US in whatever form, then that would significantly reduce the amount of giraffes being killed.  But hey it all Trumps fault.  
    Give Peas A Chance…

Are you following the discussion or interrupting without proper knowledge.  We are talking about giraffes parts being imported in your country.  

I would suspect if the banning of giraffes parts coming into the US in whatever form, then that would significantly reduce the amount of giraffes being killed.  But hey it all Trumps fault.  
    he's trying to figure out the point you are making. no one has said anything about it being trump's fault. you are inventing this as a talking point to antagonize people. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    I still want a hippo...
    Tempo I'm on it
     Give me a week
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Will you settle for a GOAT
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07