Options

Dyson vacuums suck

Comments

• Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    We're on our 2nd Dyson, which has about had it, Meanwhile we have a Hoover that's 20yrs old and still works fine.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I have to defend Dyson a bit.

We used to go through a vacuum every year it seemed.  They were just no match for our dog(s).

The Dyson did the trick.  It thoroughly did its job, and lasted a long time (comparatively with other consumer vacuums in 2000s).  After about 8 years, we had to replace it, and we purchased the same model.  
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Dyson hand dryers do suck??? Stupidest design ever...

Just another reason to hate the fucking UK ... for bringing shit like this to the world...
    Well shit, I thought those were the worst designed urinals ever. Now everything makes a little more sense. 
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,944

Just another reason to hate the fucking UK ... for bringing shit like this to the world...
    What's the deal with hating the UK
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

He’s just pissy that the queen is on his currency. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Ah I see the dear old queen.  
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

Colonization, the royal family .... and the fact that Canada politicians need to feel a loyalty to that country ... Canada should get rid of anything UK...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

Colonization, the royal family .... and the fact that Canada politicians need to feel a loyalty to that country ... Canada should get rid of anything UK...
    I understand  but that was a past generation and not the people in the UK s doing. To hate a whole set of countries is extreme. We love you if it's worth anything.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Canuxit?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    ^^^it's got a ring to it. Gotta go better than Brexit . Shit storm that.!
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    dankind said:
    Canuxit?
    I love it ....
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    This thread sucks

;) JK.... Canuxit? Priceless 

I love a Shark It sucks the most
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    When buying a vacuum you want a good sucker...

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,768
    so we recently bought a dyson. no issues with the cord. THAT sounds like operator error.

registered vacuum. now get promo emails. yesterdays was for and exclusive gold leaf hair dryer.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,763
    "Dyson vacuums suck"

Dyson: Had 1 job - Did it!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,735

Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,536
    edited August 2018
    My solution to bad vacuums was getting rid of every scrap of carpet, lol. Now I'll I need are Swiffer products! ;)

The Dyson bladeless fans are super good. We have a 12" (14"?) one in our conference room at work and I'm jealous of the conference room, lol. It's true what they say - no buffeting.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    mickeyrat said:

but those work great
    Agreed.  I love when a restroom has these.
    So much force and they work great...I can't help but to wonder what kind of germs and funk they are blowing ONTO my hands.
    That is a damn good question. I just recently read an article about exactly that. Turns out that quite a bit of bacteria gets caught in air blowers over time, and then they blast it all over our hands. Paper towels are ALWAYS the most sanitary way to go by far. But if I had to choose an air hand dryer, I'd choose the Dyson. They definitely work the best, and you spend the least time with your hands in the bacteria trap compared to other kinds, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

I don't like the connection to the Queen either, but it's well worth being a member of the commonwealth IMO. It only serves to benefit Canadian citizens at the end of the day.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,463
    mickeyrat said:
    so we recently bought a dyson. no issues with the cord. THAT sounds like operator error.

no. the dyson cord is just a tangle, waiting to happen.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    mickeyrat said:

no. the dyson cord is just a tangle, waiting to happen.
    That’s every cord, no?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I don't like the connection to the Queen either, but it's well worth being a member of the commonwealth IMO. It only serves to benefit Canadian citizens at the end of the day.
    We do not benefit from a relationship with UK.  They benefit from us.  The UK have nothing to offer Canada.  I sincerely hope to see a Canadian PM with balls that one day will tell the UK and commonwealth to go FUCK themselves...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    It's British, of course it sucks....
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Wow hatred is a bad traight to have.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    You think time heals all wounds ... 

Has the head bitch (queen) or any PM ever apologized for the genocide committed against aboriginals anywhere in the world.  Or is apologizing un British like?  The history of the Royal family reads more like a mob family, yet so many hold them in high regard, what's up with that?  2 institutions that need to go the Catholic Church and monarchies...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Mow lets get back to vacuums ... are Dyson the rolls Royce of vacuums.  Because rolls Royce are not impressive to me ...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,718
    edited August 2018
    This could go in the "Weird questions in the middle of the night" thread but I have to ask, why is it called a "vacuum" cleaner?  I mean, it's not really creating a vacuum is it?  If I'm not mistaken, it's just a high powered fan pulling in air mixed with dust, dead matches, fur balls, dirt, roaches, table crumbs, pollen, paperclips, assorted dried effluence and mites, and capturing all those particles in a bag while letting the air pass through a semi-permeable filter back into the room.  What the hell does this have to do with a "vacuum" for crying out loud?!  Well I get pissed when they misname thing, damn it!

Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Mielle I have read are way ahead of Dyson.  Not that long ago, I believe they were still Made in Germany.  I think Dyson is in Asia now.

A quick Google search, and yes indeed they are made in Germany ... 
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    brianlux said:
    This could go in the "Weird questions in the middle of the night" thread but I have to ask, why is it called a "vacuum" cleaner?  I mean, it's not really creating a vacuum is it?  If I'm not mistaken, it's just a high powered fan pulling in air mixed with dust, dead matches, fur balls, dirt, roaches, table crumbs, pollen, paperclips, assorted dried effluence and mites, and capturing all those particles in a bag while letting the air pass through a semi-permeable filter back into the room.  What the hell does this have to do with a "vacuum" for crying out loud?!  Well I get pissed when they misname thing, damn it!

Vacuum cleaners create a partial vacuum by reducing air pressure. It's not a full vacuum, but it's still a reasonably correct usage of the word. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,718
    brianlux said:

Vacuum cleaners create a partial vacuum by reducing air pressure. It's not a full vacuum, but it's still a reasonably correct usage of the word. 
    I think they suck more than vacuum.  They should be called Dust Suckers.  Better ones should be called Super Suckers!

I was only kidding about the drama.  Someone wanted more drama.  I'm happy to oblige! :smiley:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.