Would you like to see them bring back the block feature for this forum?

Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
I loved the feature, in this world not everyone will get along, but some people have far more negativity than others. Not naming any names, don't want to violate any boards rules. They tell us to ignore it  but when someone comes in with the express purpose of trolling you and wanting to torpedo you thread, that's unfair to expect people to endure that abuse. I  sure hope they bring back that feature sooner than later.

Would you like to see them bring back the block feature for this forum? 9 votes

Yes. I want the option to block someone
22%
rattzeyBig Bank Hank 2 votes
No. Just deal with it
77%
PeArLgOoNeRMayDay10YefaRS151862F Me In The BrainPJ_Soulmikeliska 7 votes

Comments

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,588
    You could just be cooler to people instead of starting this thread. 
  • Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    hey man I get attacked when I am not doing anything so that's BS, there been one person who has had it out for me for 6 years, I used to them blocked and everything was wonderful, then they switched forum setups & the abuse continued. I actually left the board for long stretches due to the abuse, and when I do respond I am always the one getting a 7 day time out, I think one other time they gave the person a 7 day time out, for comments that should have gotten them banned permanently
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,588
    hey man I get attacked when I am not doing anything so that's BS, there been one person who has had it out for me for 6 years, I used to them blocked and everything was wonderful, then they switched forum setups & the abuse continued. I actually left the board for long stretches due to the abuse, and when I do respond I am always the one getting a 7 day time out, I think one other time they gave the person a 7 day time out, for comments that should have gotten them banned permanently
    Maybe you’re thinking you’re not being disrespectful but you actually are. You just got that other thread closed. 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    Hank... I love your energy, but your visits here kinda follow a pattern.  You return after an absence being really cool and mellow and then after a few weeks you start getting into it with people in threads.  Then you announce you’re leaving the forum and we don’t hear from you until 6 months later when you reappear and the pattern repeats until you leave again. 

I’m a big fan of the Hank that shows up for the first few weeks each time.  Maybe mellow out a little and hang around longer. 

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

on2legs said:
    Hank... I love your energy, but your visits here kinda follow a pattern.  You return after an absence being really cool and mellow and then after a few weeks you start getting into it with people in threads.  Then you announce you’re leaving the forum and we don’t hear from you until 6 months later when you reappear and the pattern repeats until you leave again. 

I’m a big fan of the Hank that shows up for the first few weeks each time.  Maybe mellow out a little and hang around longer. 

I am working on it trying to get better but this one person is still the same tool they were before & can't seem to get away from them
    Maybe you’re thinking you’re not being disrespectful but you actually are. You just got that other thread closed. 
    no my response to a person who attacked me got it closed, had they not trolled me or if I had the block feature, it'd not of been closed, but I am sure that was their goal, tell the whole story, in fact the fact that you are framing it the way you are making it 100% my fault is quite telling, please just do me a favor & ignore me & leave me along & I will do the same, deal?
    on2legs said:

I am working on it trying to get better but this one person is still the same tool they were before & can't seem to get away from them
    Eddie Vedder 9/29/96 Randall’s Island, NY:

"If you trust me at all, if you want to listen to me at all..but you certainly don't have to...speaking from experience, I can tell you that things change. You can believe me, you don't have to. They probably won't change unless you make them. The best way to change something that's around you, something you don't like, is to change yourself. And I don't think you want other people changing you, I think the only person that can change you is yourself. So if you ain't happy, if you're reading magazines about generation x-ers and thinking 'yeah, I'm one of them', well fuck that. Don't let anyone tell you who you are. No, no. No one can tell me who I am. I can tell you who I am, but that would be a long story. I could tell you who I am and it wouldn't fit in a Rolling Stone. If wouldn't fit in a video...it's my life, it's your life. You're the only one who knows who you are. I hope you know who you are, figure it out. Cause you are somebody. And I'm probably stating the obvious, but I just thought I'd do it anyway. So if you feel like you've got a piece of duct tape on your mouth, if you feel like you can't speak, take it off, speak up, speak your mind, shout it out,let em hear, shout it out." 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Eh, try not to let it bother you Hank.  I know, easier said than done sometimes.  You don't have to worry about being cool with me, ever.  I sense you have a bit of the same passion that I have - we're the type than can sometimes seem brash even though meaning well (and I admit I can just be straight up brash at times).  Words on a screen can never capture the body language, hand/facial gestures, and the intended good-natured spirit which are all a huge part of communication.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    No. Just deal with it
    Oh for crying out loud Hank. I assume you know you're not exactly being subtle about who you're talking about here. I've never trolled anyone in my entire life, and most of your anger towards me is just out of pure fantasy on your part (btw, I have never received a 7 day detention for anything having to do with you, and never came close). This little "battle" is all in your head. I have made attempts in the past to reach out to you to try and make peace because I'm always confused about where your anger comes from, but you always forgot those moments and turn any random comment into a big personal deal. I know you don't think any of this is accurate, but that's my perspective. It's pretty bizarre.

It strikes me as odd that you just got that other thread closed by insulting me and my character profoundly for no good reason, since I never attacked you at all, and now you've started a whole new thread essentially to trash me some more. I know I'm supposed to ignore you here, but this is just out of control and so uncalled for, and I am someone who defends herself against unsolicited attacks. I'm sure this thread will also be closed soon - I just wanted to say my piece before it is.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Eh, try not to let it bother you Hank.  I know, easier said than done sometimes.  You don't have to worry about being cool with me, ever.  I sense you have a bit of the same passion that I have - we're the type than can sometimes seem brash even though meaning well (and I admit I can just be straight up brash at times).  Words on a screen can never capture the body language, hand/facial gestures, and the intended good-natured spirit which are all a huge part of communication.
    Exactly, thank you the support is very much appreciated, it sort of like the NFL, the officials never get the guy who spit on the guy first or made some comment about mother or wife/girlfriend or a cheap shot, they just see the retaliation, I am trying to have a thicker skin and I am constantly working on being a better person, just want to be a better person today than I was yesterday & then be a better person tomorrow than I am today, with the goal of repeating that for the rest of my life, to quote in my opinion one of the most underrated Pearl Jam songs ever Undone "Change don't come at once, it's a wave building before it breaks"
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    I’m staying the hell out of this battle but don’t act like you’re innocent Ali, you’re one of the most opinionated users on this forum, calling people idiots and morons and names all over the AMT boards.  One of the main reasons I stopped posting there.

everyone’s just got to learn to ignore it, because people won’t stop posting. Just ignore it or don’t read posts or people’s posts that will bother you.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

"If you trust me at all, if you want to listen to me at all..but you certainly don't have to...speaking from experience, I can tell you that things change. You can believe me, you don't have to. They probably won't change unless you make them. The best way to change something that's around you, something you don't like, is to change yourself. And I don't think you want other people changing you, I think the only person that can change you is yourself. So if you ain't happy, if you're reading magazines about generation x-ers and thinking 'yeah, I'm one of them', well fuck that. Don't let anyone tell you who you are. No, no. No one can tell me who I am. I can tell you who I am, but that would be a long story. I could tell you who I am and it wouldn't fit in a Rolling Stone. If wouldn't fit in a video...it's my life, it's your life. You're the only one who knows who you are. I hope you know who you are, figure it out. Cause you are somebody. And I'm probably stating the obvious, but I just thought I'd do it anyway. So if you feel like you've got a piece of duct tape on your mouth, if you feel like you can't speak, take it off, speak up, speak your mind, shout it out,let em hear, shout it out." 
    lol, when I do I get 7 day time outs many times, but thank you for this, there is much wisdom in it
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    They may never let go of the 21 pilots thread, but doesnt mean i would want to block them. They still provide interesting posts... :wink:

@lolobugg
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    edited August 2018
    No. Just deal with it
    I’m staying the hell out of this battle but don’t act like you’re innocent Ali, you’re one of the most opinionated users on this forum, calling people idiots and morons and names all over the AMT boards.  One of the main reasons I stopped posting there.

everyone’s just got to learn to ignore it, because people won’t stop posting. Just ignore it or don’t read posts or people’s posts that will bother you.
    Way to stay out of it man. :lol:
    I am opinionated, but I don't call anyone here an idiot or a moron or other names on these boards. I will attack people's opinions, not the people themselves. And in this specific case with Hank, I actually am innocent in any case. I never attacked Hank. He attacked me out of left field. FFS, this entire thread is specifically made to attack me.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    PJ_Soul said:

I am opinionated, but I don't call anyone here an idiot or a moron or other names on these boards. I will attack people's opinions, not the people themselves. And in this specific case with Hank, I actually am innocent in any case. I never attacked Hank. He attacked me out of left field. FFS, this entire thread is specifically made to attack me.
    I know, I shouldn’t have said anything lol.  Whoops :(
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    No. Just deal with it
    PJ_Soul said:

Seems sorta paranoid.  (Sort of like making a thread like this.)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

lol, when I do I get 7 day time outs many times, but thank you for this, there is much wisdom in it
    I was mainly directing you to the first half of that speech.  

Lol.  I’d hate to see what you would have posted if you weren’t staying out of it. 

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090

www.cluthelee.com
This discussion has been closed.