Options

CHICAGO 1

2»

Comments

• Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,877
    edited August 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    I wish they'd just stop printing those setlists altogether, and then nobody would ever know what got scratched or added, and people could stop whining about it. 
    Nobody is whining. This is a discussion board, people are discussing. That's what PJ nerds do. Seeing the paper setlist is always a highlight for me, something I look forward to.

They scratched 6 songs but added 4, so it wasn't far off. Also, one of them was Wash, which I understand unless they were gonna play the fast version in the encore. 

Post edited by given2fly23 on
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    xjoshfromworkxxjoshfromworkx Moline, IL Posts: 138
    PJ_Soul said:
    I wish they'd just stop printing those setlists altogether, and then nobody would ever know what got scratched or added, and people could stop whining about it. 
    Nobody is whining. This is a discussion board, people are discussing. That's what PJ nerds do. Seeing the paper setlist is always a highlight for me, something I look forward to.

They scratched 6 songs but added 4, so it wasn't far off. Also, one of them was Wash, which I understand unless they were gonna play the fast version in the encore. 

That appears to be “Leash” scratched off in the encore. Wish they would’ve kept that and left off RITFW or YL.

Moline, IL 10-17-2014
    Wrigley #1 8-20-2016
    Wrigley #2 8-22-2016
    Wrigley #1 8-18-2018
    Wrigley #2 8-20-2018

• Options
    How many people got kicked out? Holy fuck it was like a warzone on the concourse. Stay classy chicago! 
    Not sure where you were - didn't remotely experience that along third base concourse 
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago)

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,117
    What was Dennis mumbling about North Korea? What a loon

hes our loon though :)

love Dennis, but man read a book or something
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    How many people got kicked out? Holy fuck it was like a warzone on the concourse. Stay classy chicago! 
    Not sure where you were - didn't remotely experience that along third base concourse 
    Same here. No issues other than just a shit ton of people leaving at once which is to be expected. 

Great night but I was beat after. Only 3 hours of sleep the night before to catch a 7:00am flight. 2.5 hours in the merch line and then maybe a little too much pre gaming. We got Subway on the way back to the hotel and I was barely conscious eating eat lol
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

That appears to be “Leash” scratched off in the encore. Wish they would’ve kept that and left off RITFW or YL.
    Oh, duh! Totally looks the same as Wash but I did read it as Leash once though. Weird. PJ version of the blue dress thing. 
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,353
    PJ_Soul said:

I know RITFW gets played a lot, but man, the crowd was really into it.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    Was right behind home plate/along first base line. Section 223. 4 guys got kicked immediately behind us for screaming and being obnoxious. I guess someone complained. As the show progressed we kept seeing guys in red shirts go up to the upper levels and just pick people out and take them. Had to be at least 6 different groups of people between the second set and the encore. Then you had Mr. "Let me try and steal home plate and get away with it" during RITFW. When we were walking out trying to get to the red line, a woman puked all over another guy, then right after that some guy THREW himself head-first into a school bus because he was so fucked up, then got up like it was nothing. I swear to god it looked like something out of a WWE event.
  • Options
    Was right behind home plate/along first base line. Section 223. 4 guys got kicked immediately behind us for screaming and being obnoxious. I guess someone complained. As the show progressed we kept seeing guys in red shirts go up to the upper levels and just pick people out and take them. Had to be at least 6 different groups of people between the second set and the encore. Then you had Mr. "Let me try and steal home plate and get away with it" during RITFW. When we were walking out trying to get to the red line, a woman puked all over another guy, then right after that some guy THREW himself head-first into a school bus because he was so fucked up, then got up like it was nothing. I swear to god it looked like something out of a WWE event.
    Was at both Seattle and Wrigley I. So many people FUBAR'd it's ridiculous. If you just want to get hammered (or talk to your neighbor), STAY HOME!
  • Options
    jedubfjedubf Cbus Posts: 35
    Thought the show was awesome! Anyone know if they made the set list shirts this time? 
    2003 Columbus, 2010 Columbus, 2013 Phoenix, 2014 Cincinnati, 2016 Tampa, 2016 Lexington, 2018 Chicago x 2, 2022 St Louis, 2022 OKC, 2022 Denver
  • Options
    tup30tup30 Posts: 115
    I missed the Rodman N Korea commentary, all I heard was him being supported in and wanted to be buried in Chicago. 

maybe I tuned out for a hot second?
  • Options
    tup30 said:
    I missed the Rodman N Korea commentary, all I heard was him being supported in and wanted to be buried in Chicago. 
    That's basically all of it. He said he got a lot of negativity about NK but felt supported in Chicago (uh...no).
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,947
    Yeah first base line had a lot of dugout dancers during ritfw 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    madseamadsea Posts: 140
    OP here...I enjoyed the show, don’t get me wrong, but the flow just felt off. The set lists usually either start off scorching and then come down and build back up or the other way around...this one was kind of all over the place. That was the point of post.
  • Options
    RG292419RG292419 Chicago Posts: 79
    Yeah first base line had a lot of dugout dancers during ritfw 
    I think a bunch of ushers went to cover home plate when dude went for the steal.  That led to the dance party on 1st base dugout.  Was sitting at third base and saw it all okay out beautifully.  I don't condone acting like a moron, but it was all pretty funny.
    95 - Soldier Field, 11 - Alpine Valley PJ 20 N2, 13 - Wrigley Field, 16 - Wrigley 1 & 2, 18 - Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,492
    They played The Fucking Clash for christ sake.

Yes they did and I love that song