If Ten Club offered Pearl Jam autographed posters...

rlaidepeasrlaidepeas St. Louis, MO Posts: 305
edited August 2018 in The Porch

I am curious how many here would willingly fork over $200 dollars if the Ten Club shop offered a full band autographed Pearl Jam poster with proceeds going to charity.  I know for a lot of people, autographs are meaningless if they aren't obtained in person, but there is a huge market for Pearl Jam signed items.  I personally would love to have a signed poster from my favorite band to frame and display on my wall, and all the better if the proceeds could go to help the homeless or some other cause important to the band. 

I know their have been auctions for signed posters in the past, but what if the band signed 500 of them and offered them for $200 each.  No doubt they would sell out very quickly, and they could raise $10,000 dollars just like that.  And truth be told, they could list these a lot more than $200.  Even $300 to $400 would be below market value and would have a high demand, in my opinion.

Anyway, just a thought I had.  Curious for all of your thoughts. 

Post edited by rlaidepeas on

Comments

• basebornbaseborn UK Posts: 143
    You'd need to price them at market value to dissuade flippers.
  • GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,507
    The Wishlist party starts their autographed poster bidding at $500. If anything, the 10C could just do the same on their official ebay account and get o $10K way faster than signing X number of posters.

Good idea, though!
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    I would only spend money based on the poster itself. 

Signed posters bug the hell out of me unless its the artist signing along the bottom of it. Usually they sign anywhere on it and basically ruin the image. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • rlaidepeasrlaidepeas St. Louis, MO Posts: 305
    edited August 2018
    baseborn said:
    You'd need to price them at market value to dissuade flippers.

That's a good point.  Flipping would certainly happen.  What do you believe market value is?  What signed PJ posters typically sell for on eBay?  How much would everyone be willing to pay if they were offered here officially?  Just a hypothetical. 
    Gibson said:
    The Wishlist party starts their autographed poster bidding at $500. If anything, the 10C could just do the same on their official ebay account and get o $10K way faster than signing X number of posters.

Good idea, though!

Yes, that is a good point.  When the band can sign a single poster for charity and have it raise a high amount on it's own, that beats signing 500 of them, where most will end up being relisted on eBay.  But surely there are a lot of fans out there like me that would love to have one that can't afford to pay $1200 for one. 
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited August 2018
    The Signed Backspacer’s sold really fast and those were $500.  I think 50 were for sale
    The Signed Backspacer’s sold really fast and those were $500.  I think 50 were for sale

I missed that.  Never knew they were offered.  I think I would have paid $500 for one.  Was that a signed LP? 
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Yeah. Signed LP.  Wasnt sold in 10C shop but was linked to from here
    edited August 2018

Lots of big bands and artists have offered limited signed items up on their online stores.  Taylor Swift has offered them from time to time.  Foo Fighters had a signed lithograph for an album release a few years ago.  I just think it would be cool if Pearl Jam did something like that some day.   

I was fortunate enough to get a signed Wilco poster from a record store contest back during the release of their album The Whole Love back in 2011.  I framed it and am proud to have it.  Pearl Jam would look great next to it.   

Post edited by rlaidepeas on