Missoula Poster

Comments

• RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350

Hoping Wrigley is jam-packed with bangers, some anger, and a long night of fun.

GRIEVANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Open with Grievance!!
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    BSully said:
    I didn't read through all 5 pages of this discussion, but this is why I keep my music tastes and political beliefs away from each other.
    Bingo!  I like a lot of art but doesn't mean I agree with the politics.  As adults that isn't a hard thing to do.  It isn't All or None.  
    What happens when the music is political? You turn it off?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • CW55354 said:
    I would love an official statement from the band along the lines of, “we haven’t given a shit about who we offend in our history as a band and aren’t about to start now.” Those who are offended need to explain why they are ok with an admitted sexual predator, a traitor and a racist who disparages the disabled, minorities and women every chance he gets but are offended by artwork. Pearl Jam did more with the Home Shows for the good of the country than that POS has or ever will do. You don’t even have to like the band to see that. 
    Amen to that! Just to add my two cents. CRYING OVER A CARTOON! What a bunch of babies. This is art plain and simple. What potentially scares me are places like Breitbart and Faux News, as we have seen in the past, can potentially have their readers and viewers incite violence. The kinds of people who marched on Charlottesville could interpret this poster the same way as the terrorists that shot up the Charlie Hebdo building in Paris after the Mohammed drawing and inciting violence outside of concerts.

Keep the fight going!!!!
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    teskeinc said:
    I don't have a problem with the art. The issue is the safety of us/the band at Wrigley and Fenway if this story blows up over the next few days. There are some bat-shit crazy people out there, last thing we need is terroristic threats cancelling the concerts over a stupid poster.
    Yeah, I agree with this. I will definitely be thinking about this now at Wrigley (and during Fenway even though I won't be there).
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • wall232 said:
    I agree with this, it is a bit hypocritical. 

This doesn’t mean I agree with how the president has spewed hatred. But if you’re against what he is doing, which I’m sure most of us here do, matching it with more hatred is not how to go about. Just my opinion. 
    Where's Pearl Jams hatred?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    teskeinc said:
    I don't have a problem with the art. The issue is the safety of us/the band at Wrigley and Fenway if this story blows up over the next few days. There are some bat-shit crazy people out there, last thing we need is terroristic threats cancelling the concerts over a stupid poster.
    Yeah, I agree with this. I will definitely be thinking about this now at Wrigley (and during Fenway even though I won't be there).

didn't think about this but these right wingers are nut jobs.......... with guns.   hope this blows over before the Wrigley shows.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• BSullyBSully Indiana Posts: 1,004
    BSully said:
    I didn't read through all 5 pages of this discussion, but this is why I keep my music tastes and political beliefs away from each other.
    Bingo!  I like a lot of art but doesn't mean I agree with the politics.  As adults that isn't a hard thing to do.  It isn't All or None.  
    When I go to a rock concert, I go to hear amazing live music. Anything else that the band says or does usually doesn't enhance or take away from my enjoyment of the live music!
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,330
    The poster seems to depict the chaos Trump inflicted on himself.  That Eagle is representative of our nation.  Meaning, when he is gone, america will survive.  

Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
    We should keep in mind that this is barely even a blip on the radar outside of our PJ bubble, which has magnified the story for us. It's not like this poster is being discussed on all the local news stations or anything - I've only actually seen it mentioned at all by music websites, like NME and Consequence of Sound. Supposedly FOX News mentioned it, but who the fuck cares what FOX News says anyhow? ... This morning, on my local Canadian news, they were still talking about Omarosa. I'm pretty sure Trump is scared shitless of what she may have recorded, lol, and that is probably taking precedence over some rock poster out of Missoula.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • It’s been texted to me by three different, non-pj, friends of mine 
  • blackhawksblackhawks Posts: 307
    PJ_Soul said:
    BSully said:
    What happens when the music is political? You turn it off?
    Depends on the mood and the message.  Just like I don't wake up to Slayer every morning.  
    91 - Ames Iowa CY Stephens Auditorium
    Lots Lots Lots of shows.....
    2018 - Seattle 2/Missoula
    It’s been texted to me by three different, non-pj, friends of mine 
    And they saw it where? There is a reason it pinged for them - because they had a huge PJ fan to send it to. I guarantee you that if I ask the 30+ people in my office about this, not a single one of them would know wtf I'm talking about.
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    PJ_Soul said:
    We should keep in mind that this is barely even a blip on the radar outside of our PJ bubble, which has magnified the story for us. It's not like this poster is being discussed on all the local news stations or anything - I've only actually seen it mentioned at all by music websites, like NME and Consequence of Sound. Supposedly FOX News mentioned it, but who the fuck cares what FOX News says anyhow? ... This morning, on my local Canadian news, they were still talking about Omarosa. I'm pretty sure Trump is scared shitless of what she may have recorded, lol, and that is probably taking precedence over some rock poster out of Missoula.
    I’m just hoping he tweets about it.  It would be in his playbook to deflect attention. 

PJ_Soul said:
    I’m just hoping he tweets about it.  It would be in his playbook to deflect attention. 

It would be pretty awesome if he Tweeted about it, lol. I would love for him to be SO angry about it. But again, if he's not going bananas over Jim Carrey's painting, which are huge on Twitter, then I don't see why this poster would be something more "special" to him... But hey, maybe when he finds time between calling yet another woman a dog and playing tough guy with neo-Nazis, perhaps he'll satisfy our craving!
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

It would be pretty awesome if he Tweeted about it, lol. I would love for him to be SO angry about it. But again, if he's not going bananas over Jim Carrey's painting, which are huge on Twitter, then I don't see why this poster would be something more "special" to him... But hey, maybe when he finds time between calling yet another woman a dog and playing tough guy with neo-Nazis, perhaps he'll satisfy our craving!
    Word.  
    I’m not a perfect human being and have offended people in the past, but this guy is a creep and this poster is awesome.
    So glad we got one. It’s going to be framed and hung next to Moline. 

• teskeincteskeinc Posts: 836
    I highly doubt Trump is going to tweet about it. Pearl Jam is not as "big" as Roseanne!
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• kenkkenk Posts: 210
    Yeah but he's tweeted about pettier stuff 1000x so it wouldn't surprise me. But i'm guessing the media and hype around this dies down in the next day or two.
    teskeinc said:
    I highly doubt Trump is going to tweet about it. Pearl Jam is not as "big" as Roseanne!
    :lol:
    thst sounds like a Trump tweet in itself.  
  • Please put this poster for sale online and have some of the money go to worthy political candidates! I also want this in my house in south Louisiana.
  • CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,891
    Raising 11.5 towards homelessness in Seattle - blip on the news.
    A cartoon poster - shut down their radio and tear down the band.
    Sounds about right. 
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,390
    CP218430 said:
    Raising 11.5 towards homelessness in Seattle - blip on the news.
    A cartoon poster - shut down their radio and tear down the band.
    Sounds about right. 
    I think the Sirius Xm angle is bullshit. I have yet to see that suggested anywhere other than from the OP. 
  • Please put this poster for sale online and have some of the money go to worthy political candidates! I also want this in my house in south Louisiana.

Signed
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,390
    JFC Rolling Stone. 

Of course... they are the publication that gave the marathon bomber a Jim Morrison-esque cover story, so I shouldn’t be surprised. 
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    edited August 2018
    lolobugg said:
    Maybe they're mad he minimized his RS cover story and made it more about crazy Madonna the other night in Seattle.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    tbergs said:

That's what Rolling Stone does these days.....
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    tbergs said:
    lolobugg said:
    Maybe they're mad he minimized his RS cover story and made it more about crazy Madonna the other night in Seattle.
    Or they're still mad at Eddie for whipping his ass with Rolling Stone in Cincinnati  
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018