Options

Missoula Poster

Comments

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Melania was the ghost artist
  • Options
    kenkkenk Posts: 210
    Man i really need to get me one of these. Hope they end up in the shop or somewhere else soon. Anyone know if the Bobby Brown artist has a site/shop anywhere like Klausen? All i could find were old sites that no longer exist.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495
    edited August 2018
    My intention was to put a different anti-trump symbol there

I still don't see how that would work with the theme of the poster, but to each his own.
  • Options
    This poster is insulting to bald eagles.  

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• Options
    CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,891
    Touche - Fox News reporting News.
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."
  • Options

lol
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    JustaPJFanJustaPJFan Posts: 710
    I stopped buying posters to shows I didn't attend, but I'm liking this one more and more.
    Same here. I want to buy it and frame it in my living room.
  • Options
    Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658

I happen to notice this story is not trending as their 2nd most viewed story. Yet no where on Fox News is the PA attorney general report on 1000 children raped by priest over the past 50 years ( since the report came out yesterday you would think that is something they would be talking about ) Nor anything on the fact that the presidents own press security cannot guarantee there is not a tape out there of trump using the N-word.

Nothing to see over here folks lets just have some faux outrage over a poster.

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,619
    Matts3221 said:

I happen to notice this story is not trending as their 2nd most viewed story. Yet no where on Fox News is the PA attorney general report on 1000 children raped by priest over the past 50 years ( since the report came out yesterday you would think that is something they would be talking about ) Nor anything on the fact that the presidents own press security cannot guarantee there is not a tape out there of trump using the N-word.

Nothing to see over here folks lets just have some faux outrage over a poster.

This is food for the fox news base. Look at the liberals being divisive about our emperor trump. Now on to the “witch hunt” and how Clinton’s going to be indicted.   
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    MayDay10 said:
    to me, that isnt even a "dead" body.  Its just a metaphor for "liberty/democratic systems" to pick Trump clean, stripping him of all he holds dear for setting the white house on fire (figuratively).  The intent of the artist isnt a literal dead corpse.  In the plane of the artwork, Donald Trump is very much alive.
    nuance isn't in Trump supporters vocabulary
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,801
    Thanks, I just spit coffee all over my desk.  
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    CW55354CW55354 Posts: 200
    I would love an official statement from the band along the lines of, “we haven’t given a shit about who we offend in our history as a band and aren’t about to start now.” Those who are offended need to explain why they are ok with an admitted sexual predator, a traitor and a racist who disparages the disabled, minorities and women every chance he gets but are offended by artwork. Pearl Jam did more with the Home Shows for the good of the country than that POS has or ever will do. You don’t even have to like the band to see that. 
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    edited August 2018
    It's art and does not even come close to hate speech, so I can't believe anyone is getting mad about it (as Trump has biker buddies with Nazi tattoos over to the WH FFS). But anyway, if Kathy Griffin still has a career after the severed Trump head photo, lol, plus, you know, it's Kathy Griffin, I'm sure Pearl Jam will get through this unscathed, hahaha. And don't forget about Jim Carrey's new painting hobby, lol. This poster is still little league, really. ;)
    I personally am not a huge fan of the poster in terms of aesthetics, but I really enjoy all the details, the humour in the out and out political blatancy of it all - it ain't subtle! :lol: Good job Jeff.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    teskeincteskeinc Posts: 836
    I don't have a problem with the art. The issue is the safety of us/the band at Wrigley and Fenway if this story blows up over the next few days. There are some bat-shit crazy people out there, last thing we need is terroristic threats cancelling the concerts over a stupid poster.
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    CW55354 said:
    I would love an official statement from the band along the lines of, “we haven’t given a shit about who we offend in our history as a band and aren’t about to start now.” Those who are offended need to explain why they are ok with an admitted sexual predator, a traitor and a racist who disparages the disabled, minorities and women every chance he gets but are offended by artwork. Pearl Jam did more with the Home Shows for the good of the country than that POS has or ever will do. You don’t even have to like the band to see that. 

EXACTLY!

they should look in the mirror. they voted for this bastard who is guilty of all the above but they waste their time getting offended over a fucking poster.  a fucking poster!!!!!!!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    lolobugg said:
    CW55354 said:

EXACTLY!

they should look in the mirror. they voted for this bastard who is guilty of all the above but they waste their time getting offended over a fucking poster.  a fucking poster!!!!!!!!!

I wanna know if the Shuss Ape got a ticket!!!!  if not, I'm pissed off and quitting the band!!!
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    edited August 2018
    teskeinc said:
    I don't have a problem with the art. The issue is the safety of us/the band at Wrigley and Fenway if this story blows up over the next few days. There are some bat-shit crazy people out there, last thing we need is terroristic threats cancelling the concerts over a stupid poster.
    If people stop doing what they do for that reason, the USA is pretty much over anyway. I'd prefer cancelled concerts TBH.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,242
    MayDay10 said:
    Melania was the ghost artist
    LOL
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    Tangboy saw what the poster is going for on the secondary market.

"I'm profitable. Really, really big profit. Most ever. I'm huge."
  • Options
    BSullyBSully Indiana Posts: 1,036
    I didn't read through all 5 pages of this discussion, but this is why I keep my music tastes and political beliefs away from each other.
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • Options
    So what do we have here: trump with Russia briefcase. 2nd amendment red neck? Alien smoking? Tester jumping a tractor. Alien crashed into monument? White house on fire.  Some triggered by this?Anything I missed?
  • Options
    tylerjtylerj Indiana Posts: 282
    My only problem with the poster is the hammer and sickle on the briefcase, suggesting Russia is some communist country and Trump is some KGB agent. That's absurd and toxic McCarthyism that #TheResistance thinks is clever. 
    Chicago, Aug 24, 2009 
    Noblesville, May 7, 2010
    PJ20 Night 1, 2011
    Cincinnati, Oct. 1, 2014
    Milwaukee, Oct. 20, 2014
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 22, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 18, 2018
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2018
    St. Louis, Sept. 18, 2022
    Chicago, Sept. 5, 2023
    Chicago, Sept. 7, 2023

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,242
    BSully said:
    I didn't read through all 5 pages of this discussion, but this is why I keep my music tastes and political beliefs away from each other.
    Aaah, it's kinda of like when you mix drugs and alcohol, sometimes it's a blast and other times you wake up and wonder who the fuck you are.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -
    F. Scott Fitzgerald

• Options
    This is hilarious. All the right's awful depictions of Obama on things (that continues) but this is extremist and violent. Excuse me while I clean up the water I snorted out of my nose
  • Options
    Well, this poster will be raffled for big bucks in the coming weeks on fb 
  • Options
    BSullyBSully Indiana Posts: 1,036
    tbergs said:
    BSully said:
    Aaah, it's kinda of like when you mix drugs and alcohol, sometimes it's a blast and other times you wake up and wonder who the fuck you are.
    Oh man...that brings back some vague memories... :)
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,249
    Somehow, despite reading way, way, waaay too much news each day, I had no idea there was any controversy over this poster until just now. I could tell you about the fires here in California, the Manafort trial, the bridge collapse in Italy, random gunfire in Malibu, last night's elections, the latest in a long, sad line of stories about sexual abuse in the Catholic Church, and, G-d help me, Omarosa. But I had no idea anyone was worked up about a PJ concert poster.

I guess that's because I don't follow Breitbart or Fox News.

Now, Omarosa is Omarosa, and her credibility is and always has been rather... thin. But she's spot on when she says that the best way to handle Agent Orange is to starve him of his "oxygen" -- attention, esp. media attention.

The image of the back of the poster isn't loading on IG for me, so I can only go by what I can see of the front. I hadn't paid it much attention, since I wasn't inclined to put a bunch of skulls up on my wall. It's a bold poster. I'm not convinced that's supposed to be Agent Orange; the biggest indicator that it could be is the hammer and sickle on the briefcase full of money -- SO, are Fox, Breitbart, and MAGA Nation acknowledging that someone fleeing the White House with a pile of Russian cash is their guy? Hmm.

I assume someone has gotten Alex Jones to weigh in on the UFO? If anyone can tell us what's really happening in this poster, he can. /sarcasm

Art makes statements. Art is provocative. Art reflects our culture. This poster does all of those things. [Like the band, I am old enough to remember when Robert Mapplethorpe's photos caused widespread outrage. I also recall that there was an artist making depictions of religious figures from bodily waste.)  If you prefer pictures of puppies in baskets or paintings of a much trimmer, more handsome rendition of Agent Orange hugging the flag or crossing the Delaware, fine, you do you.

Do I like the poster? It's interesting. It makes me wonder who that is on the tractor. I appreciate the statement I think the image is making. I think the people who are all worked up about it probably missed the point altogether, as someone already noted (a very good argument could be made that the poster reflects what Agent Orange is doing to the country, or what will happen if we continue down this path of polarization and overheated rhetoric). This feels like so much manufactured outrage to me -- and that's the biggest concern I have here.

We have ample evidence that Russia was and IS manipulating Americans through social media. But they only can succeed in manipulating us if we LET them. Folks, whether you are on the left, right, fringe, or center, you have GOT to engage your powers of critical thinking. Don't just start foaming at the mouth when you see outrageous headlines or trigger words. STOP. THINK. Think about what you are reading. Think about what you are seeing. Ask yourself, who shared or published this? Why?? Was someone sharing important information, or were they just looking to get a reaction? Why? Does it make any sense? If I really don't give a rat's ass about Pearl Jam, why am I taking to Twitter, Instagram, and PJ message boards to scream about how PJ is irrelevant and I'm never listening to them, ever?

Then, think about what you are saying. Why are you saying it? For what purpose? Does it make any sense?

And finally: I too find it interesting that the "F--k Your Feelings" crowd, out to "own the libs" and "trigger the snowflakes," keeps insisting that Ed and the band should make more of an effort to respect their opinions and make their views more welcome, and that people should be nicer to them. Laws, ethics, and etiquette really only work if they are applied equally to everyone.

See you in the front row at Fenway, looking forward to that intimate gathering of die-hards.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    blackhawksblackhawks Posts: 307
    BSully said:
    Bingo!  I like a lot of art but doesn't mean I agree with the politics.  As adults that isn't a hard thing to do.  It isn't All or None.  
    91 - Ames Iowa CY Stephens Auditorium
    Lots Lots Lots of shows.....
    2018 - Seattle 2/Missoula
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881

Hoping Wrigley is jam-packed with bangers, some anger, and a long night of fun.

GRIEVANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale