Manitoba RCMP nab speeder going 182 km/h with baby, toddler in back seat

Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
Manitoba RCMP nab speeder going 182 km/h with baby, toddler in back seat

https://globalnews.ca/news/4386758/manitoba-rcmp-nab-speeder-going-182-km-h-with-baby-toddler-in-back-seat/?utm_medium=Facebook&utm_source=GlobalNational

with 2 kids in the car, one was not even properly restrained.
Give Peas A Chance…

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    That's insane- that's 113 MPH.  I was in a car with a guy who was showing off a bit and took it up just a bit past that speed and you could feel the car sort over hover-crafting a bit.  Scary as hell! 

So that and no proper car seat and all the guy got was a $1300 fine?  Some pretty lenient laws ya'll got up there!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    brianlux said:
    That's insane- that's 113 MPH.  I was in a car with a guy who was showing off a bit and took it up just a bit past that speed and you could feel the car sort over hover-crafting a bit.  Scary as hell! 

So that and no proper car seat and all the guy got was a $1300 fine?  Some pretty lenient laws ya'll got up there!
    Yes, we have lenient laws.  Not many  Canadians would say different.  I think a suspension of driving privileges are in order as a minimal. 
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Kiss blows....
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I was disgusted that he wasn't charged with child endangerment. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD