Options

I'm Skipping Chemo to be in Chicago - Special Request for my Wife at Wrigley -

2»

Comments

• Options
    Bump and a best of luck to you with your treatment!
    1995 - Milwaukee, Night 1 ~~~ 2004 - VFC Toledo ~~~ 2006 - Chicago, Night 1 & 2 ~~~ 2009 - Chicago, Night 1 & 2 ~~~
    2011 - PJ 20 East Troy, Night 1 & 2 ~~~ 2013 - Wrigley ~~~ 2014 - Moline ~~~ 2016 - Wrigley, Night 1 & 2 ~~~ 2018 - Wrigley, Night 1 & 2 ~~~ 2022 - STL~~~ 2023 - Chicago, Night 1 & 2
  • Options
    justBE23justBE23 Posts: 44
    Really hope the weather holds out for you and your wife today, and I REALLY hope you get your wish!  Also, thank you for the inspiration.  Even though I’m obsessed with PJ’s music, I don’t get on the forum, or post much -  but I’m glad I read this thread.  I’ll be thinking of you and wishing you well.
  • Options

Hope you have a great show and a great time tonight, Ed!!!

I'll bump this....

• Options
    jacquelyncajacquelynca Yay Area CA Posts: 372
    They played it!!!  So happpy, i hope you and your wife enjoyed it!
    IG and twitter - @jacquelynincali

1994 - Bridge School Benefit, Shoreline Mountain View CA
    *** 1995 - 2015 High School, College, Broke, Having Kids***
    2016 - Temple of the Dog, Bill Graham Civic Center Auditorium, San Francisco CA
    2017 - Eddie Vedder, Bourbon and Beyond, Louisville KY
    2018 - The Home Shows, Show 2, Seattle WA
    2019 - Eddie Vedder, Ohana Fest, Dana Point CA
    2020- Oakland Nights 1 and 2
    2020 - Ohana Fest
    2021 - Ohana Fest
    2022 - Oakland 1 and 2

"Watch out for music. It should come with a health warning. It can be dangerous. It can make you feel so alive, so connected to the people around you, and connected to what you really are inside. And it can make you think that the world should, and could, be a much better place. And just occasionally, it can make you very, very happy." -Peter Gabriel
  • Options
    so glad they played it
  • Options
    1upstate1upstate near Syracuse NY Posts: 201
    On plane.  I’ll have one last bump

the end of the show was clearly requests being filled.  Was really cool. 
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine"
  • Options
    BlackCircleBlackCircle Charlotte, NC Posts: 371
    ED!
    You got your Black!
    I got Smile.... I know they pointed at a sign in the front... but it still got played.  For me personally or not... the song was played. 

I'm like a tab
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    ED!
    You got your Black!
    I got Smile.... I know they pointed at a sign in the front... but it still got played.  For me personally or not... the song was played. 

Funny thing is

That song was on the set list, along with many others requested on these very boards. 

With all the nonsense down there last night, it was still a great show
  • Options
    I want to thank everyone for their support of me and others who shared very personal stories and how Pearl Jam music impacts their lives. 
    Saturday I met with many Jammers but a couple stood out for their sheer compassion and helpfulness. You know who you are #chicagosmile  The show was incredible and yeah, I lost my shit when I heard "Just Breathe" as I knew I would.  Honestly, it  just hits too close.  
    Monday we had GA and I've made no bones about the fact that I was disappointed that the worst came out in people with that rain delay. From inside on the packed concourses to trying to get back inside GA sucked. Truly, the worst in people came out and the vibe changed drastically after we got back in.  Was I in the same spot? Not really, I moved back 3-4 people, big deal.  It was the utter rudeness while the storm raged and the way that people acted before the band came on.  From people bragging about their upgrades to the people who raged that they gave up great spots and wanted (DEMANDED) them back. It just sucked. 

I am not a 50 show guy but I've seen this band with only a few hundred in attendance in early 92, to Lallapalooza to MSG 2016 and they continue to deliver for their fans.  I am convinced that the band took many suggestions from right here for the set list. Sure, Eddie pointed out signs but those were not audibles, they were on the set list and I'm really happy for those more obscure songs played at the request of fans, Especially Smile and Leash.... 

Im also a photographer and even with my point and shoot I was able to get some great photos.   Unfortunately, people with signs and their waving arms didn't allow me to get the pictures of Ed smashing the guitar clear, camera wanted to focus on the attention whores ahead of me :(  

Until the next time folks.... thank you, now I'm off to that treatment I skipped.