Options

*** MISSOULA SETLIST THREAD ***

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Followed on FB. For all you old school board members, this is for Speedy. This setlist is on par with Cinncinati's. 
    Fuck Cincy..hehehehehehehe
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    FUCK CINCY 
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,247
    edited August 2018
    Wow... They nixed Green Disease for LB?
    Ouch.. 
    Other than that it looks like a cool show..  The fact that it was shorter than Seattle matters not to me

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    If it wasn’t for Stone going off during Throw Your Hatred Down that show would have zero redeeming qualities. Weak sauce.
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,766
    The walk to and from "backstage" is the real reason they decided to make it 1 big encore instead of coming back twice!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    The walk to and from "backstage" is the real reason they decided to make it 1 big encore instead of coming back twice!
    Lol.
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • Options
    dtnmusicdtnmusic Posts: 29
    edited August 2018
    BS44325 said:
    If it wasn’t for Stone going off during Throw Your Hatred Down that show would have zero redeeming qualities. Weak sauce.
    What did he do? 
    Post edited by dtnmusic on
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    Good energy, just not a show to remember for me. 25 minutes after getting to my car, I've moved about 8 feet. Gonna be a long ride out of here. 
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    Followed on FB. For all you old school board members, this is for Speedy. This setlist is on par with Cinncinati's. 
    I don't curse
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    blackhawksblackhawks Posts: 307
    Eh.  It is extremely hard to follow Seattle 2.  This one seemed a little disjointed and hits heavy.  More of a euro festival setlist.  It was a good and fun like they all are but nothing to really get excited over.  If I had missed it then saw the setlist I would have thought no loss what so ever.
    91 - Ames Iowa CY Stephens Auditorium
    Lots Lots Lots of shows.....
    2018 - Seattle 2/Missoula
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    I don't curse

I miss that that mother fucking Speedy
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    Left PorchLeft Porch Posts: 837
    Show was good, definitely nothing special
    but still had a good time.
    Uniondale. 2003
    MSG 1+2. 2010
    Wrigley. Brooklyn 2. Hartford. 2013
    St. Louis. Denver. 2014
    Global Citizens Festival. 2015
    MSG 2. Fenway 2. Wrigley 1. 2016
    Safeco 2. Missoula. 2018
  • Options
    ForceofNature101ForceofNature101 Posts: 1,190
    edited August 2018
    BS44325 said:
    Again, what a silly comment lol
    Post edited by ForceofNature101 on
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    BS44325 said:
    This show sucks. Anybody who says otherwise is lying.
    Are you there?
    Yup
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    Why do they keep calling this a fucking benefit concert? This is a concert. Full stop. Plug your causes fine but this isn’t a “benefit” conceet.
    It was a “ROCK THE VOTE” benefit. They had events going all day. PJ even emailed about it. 
    No. It was sold as an “Away Show”. We all bought tickets months ago. The Rock the Vote came later and I have zero issue with that. The festival outside was fun and that was all good but once the show started it should be a real show just like Wrigley and Fenway will undoubtedly be. Again I have no problem with the band plugging causes but multiple times, including when that moron got tossed, they kept calling it a “benefit show”. The show was uninspired and tired. The town was ready to rock out and the band didn’t deliver. I’m not from Montana but the impression I got is that people were looking to party and not to elect a senator. Montana deserves more then a one off election conceet every six years.
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    Some of you are bizzare. I don’t know what makes some of you happy when it comes to set lists. Every show is going to have the basic hits, some covers, some rarities and then everything else sprinkled in. You act so surprised every show.  I guess if there aren’t enough rarities the show sucks. 
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    Why do they keep calling this a fucking benefit concert? This is a concert. Full stop. Plug your causes fine but this isn’t a “benefit” conceet.
    No offense, but are you just looking for things to complain about?  First you said "This show sucks. Anybody who says otherwise is lying." based on a show you aren't even at in person which is kinda silly to be the most polite I can be about that

And then you are quick to bash on them advertising it as a benefit without knowing that it is a Rock The Vote benefit show lol.  
    I was at it in person. It was not a Rock The Vote show when the tickets went on sale through 10C. I have zero problem with Rock the Vote but the show became something other then a rock concert. It was dull.
  • Options
    jmug23 said:
    Some of you are bizzare. I don’t know what makes some of you happy when it comes to set lists. Every show is going to have the basic hits, some covers, some rarities and then everything else sprinkled in. You act so surprised every show.  I guess if there aren’t enough rarities the show sucks. 
    Yeah I don't get it either.  Maybe since this is a paid fan club forum, there are more people here than most band forums who have seen the band in the double digits (or some even triple digits)

But I don't know... I think that a lot of those people who have seen the band so many times need to know that the band is not writing set lists for the minority of people who by their own choice see all those shows, they are creating a setlist based on many factors, including lots and lots of folks who far outweigh those multiple show goers where it may even be their first show

I follow many bands closely and Pearl Jam is the first where you have a setlist that has rarities (Fatal, Bee Girl, etc.) along with fucking amazingly great and well crafted songs peppering the setlist and having people say "no thanks".  It just baffles my mind how demanding and spoiled some folks seem to be with setlists
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    No offense, but are you just looking for things to complain about?  First you said "This show sucks. Anybody who says otherwise is lying." based on a show you aren't even at in person which is kinda silly to be the most polite I can be about that

And then you are quick to bash on them advertising it as a benefit without knowing that it is a Rock The Vote benefit show lol.  
    I was at it in person. It was not a Rock The Vote show when the tickets went on sale through 10C. I have zero problem with Rock the Vote but the show became something other then a rock concert. It was dull.
    Fair enough I didn't know you were at the show since you were posting here during it
  • Options
    jmug23 said:
    Yeah I don't get it either.  Maybe since this is a paid fan club forum, there are more people here than most band forums who have seen the band in the double digits (or some even triple digits)

But I don't know... I think that a lot of those people who have seen the band so many times need to know that the band is not writing set lists for the minority of people who by their own choice see all those shows, they are creating a setlist based on many factors, including lots and lots of folks who far outweigh those multiple show goers where it may even be their first show

I follow many bands closely and Pearl Jam is the first where you have a setlist that has rarities (Fatal, Bee Girl, etc.) along with fucking amazingly great and well crafted songs peppering the setlist and having people say "no thanks".  It just baffles my mind how demanding and spoiled some folks seem to be with setlists
    Don’t get me wrong...I am not complaining about the setlist. I am speaking to a vibe that came from the stage. Again the band had every right to play what they want and discuss what they want...I don’t knock that at all. That being said if you spent time walking around Missoula and felt the amazing vibe coming from the town and the people you would expect the band to deliver a show equal to or greater then that vibe. Unfortunately this band now loses the plot more often then not.
  • Options
    ForceofNature101ForceofNature101 Posts: 1,190
    edited August 2018
    BS44325 said:
    jmug23 said:

Don’t get me wrong...I am not complaining about the setlist. I am speaking to a vibe that came from the stage. Again the band had every right to play what they want and discuss what they want...I don’t knock that at all. That being said if you spent time walking around Missoula and felt the amazing vibe coming from the town and the people you would expect the band to deliver a show equal to or greater then that vibe. Unfortunately this band now loses the plot more often then not.
    I understand what you are saying, and if you were at the show and didn't dig it performance wise or didn't feel like that the energy was there - I can't knock that and I respect your opinion

For me my comment was more directed at the folks who decide a show's worth purely on the list of songs and the number of rarities played overall, I have seen that here on the PJ forums moreso than any other band who I follow so I just thought it was worth mentioning to try and put it all into perspective
    Post edited by ForceofNature101 on
  • Options
    blackhawksblackhawks Posts: 307
    jmug23 said:

I personally am not slagging or wishing it was a setlist of strictly rarities.  Of course they are going to play the hits.  The energy wasn’t there and overall the setlist was decent.  The show overall was just OK for me regardless of the number of shows I have been to.  I enjoyed it just like the rest and I am a person that limits my shows to just 2/3 per tour because I like to not compare shows and enjoy each one.  People can provide their input and not be considered spoiled, etc.  Though politically that is how this country is now so I guess I am not surprised.
    91 - Ames Iowa CY Stephens Auditorium
    Lots Lots Lots of shows.....
    2018 - Seattle 2/Missoula
  • Options
    jmug23 said:

I personally am not slagging or wishing it was a setlist of strictly rarities.  Of course they are going to play the hits.  The energy wasn’t there and overall the setlist was decent.  The show overall was just OK for me regardless of the number of shows I have been to.  I enjoyed it just like the rest and I am a person that limits my shows to just 2/3 per tour because I like to not compare shows and enjoy each one.  People can provide their input and not be considered spoiled, etc.  Though politically that is how this country is now so I guess I am not surprised.
    My comment was not necessarily directed at you, or the other person I just replied to who were actually there at the show.  And I definitely don't mean to say everyone who says negative things are spoiled - but I definitely, 100 percent for sure have seen so many comments in general on this forum that are exactly what I mentioned regarding using the setlist itself as the barometer and I felt like putting into perspective how lucky we are to have what we have
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    I wasn't there, but the setlist looks groovy to me. "Fatal", "Throw Your Hatred Down", "Not For You", "In My Tree", "Know Your Rights"... Lots of fun stuff. I hope everybody had a good time.
  • Options
    dtnmusicdtnmusic Posts: 29
    Pearl Jam shows trump all others, because of the hits, the rarities, the live gems, the covers, the 30+ songs. Their live catalogue is huge obviously. But for all these reasons it can definitely put their concerts under the microscope for the hardcore fans. I would have no problem with any show. For a full experience you really need to see 2-3 shows in a row. I think the Missoula shows always seem to have a political vibe that may be slightly unnecessary. They could really take advantage of a one-off show off the grid and go completely weird. Whatever the reason, they seem to actually go more reserved. I think any fan apprehension towards this or any show is really personal taste, and maybe what they’ve seen from other shows and what they’re still trying to check off. When I see PJ at this point I’m cheering for Vitalogy and No Code for starters. And I’m really over Rockin in the freeworld and Ledbetter closing although 30,000 people a night may disagree, and I think Alive would have fresh legs waaaay earlier in the set. Cheers
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    instead of having Jeff make the setlist, they should just let me make it
     =) 
    1.Smile
    2.Of The Girl
    3.Love Boat Captain
    4.Corduroy
    5.Marker In The Sand
    6.Force Of Nature
    7.Got Some
    8.Ghost
    9.Hail, Hail
    10.W.M.A.
    11.Brain Of J
    12.Suspersonic
    13.Amongst The Waves
    14.Future Days
    15.Infallible
    16.Insignificance
    17.Immortality
    18.I Am Mine
    19.Inside Job
    20.Indifference

First Encore
    21.Parachutes
    22.Thumbing My Way
    23.Around The Bend
    24.Hard to Imagine
    25.Undone
    26.Sad
    27.Rearviewmirror

Second Encore
    28.Nothing As It Seems
    29.Severed Hand
    30.Red Mosquito
    31.Crazy Mary
    32.Not For You
    33.Animal
    34.Black
    35.Alive
    36.Come Back
    37.Porch
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Thanks Dimi 

:) 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    Checked out this thread this morning and it seems to have lost that loving feeling for a bit.
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,359
    BS44325 said:
    jmug23 said:

Was it hard walking out of the stadium and getting back to your hotel  with your diaper full?
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center