Missing

thispureamericanriotthispureamericanriot California Posts: 514
Ed's voice!!! The band just kicked ass on this.  Must've been a special moment for everyone at Safeco. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWe8UvHIHDM

Comments

• Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    Wow!  That’s pretty intense. I can’t imagine what it feels like for them to play a song of their longtime friend in front of so many people.  
  • thispureamericanriotthispureamericanriot California Posts: 514
    Temple Of The Dog played it with Chis in 2016. Such a great tribute!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od5T49zKUhw
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    Wow!  That’s pretty intense. I can’t imagine what it feels like for them to play a song of their longtime friend in front of so many people.  
    most intense performance in a while.  they are all so focused.  just the mere thought of what that feels like chokes me up a little.  I apologize in advance for the sobbing 31 old in GA all night wrigley 2
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,087
    I've been wondering since Chris died if they might bring that one into the rotation as a tribute. Would love it to stay for a while
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    Ed's voice!!! The band just kicked ass on this.  Must've been a special moment for everyone at Safeco. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWe8UvHIHDM
    just awesome....I hope they keep this one in rotation

that was special
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    Thought it was a new song at first. Have not heard it in awhile. Chills watching it again. 
    And the PJ version is quite a bit more aggressive than TOTD's

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • thispureamericanriotthispureamericanriot California Posts: 514
    Now I can't wait to get the Safeco night #2 bootleg just for this song!
    Yeah this boot is a must

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    First 90 seconds i was like “wow this is way better than Cant Deny Me. New album will be killed afterall!”

then i realized :lol:
  • So, Can’t Deny Me is going to wind up being the A side of the 2017 single, right? Any chance we might get Missing on the B?

To me, this is such a unique and special thing that they’ve performed a song of Chris’, and even more so because they chose this song. Plus, it’s just a really great version! I feel so good listening to it and I know I’m not the only one. Seems like a cool thing for the band to share with us and the annual single would be a good way to do it without seeming like they’re... I don’t quite know how to say it... exploiting such a tragedy (obviously, they’d never do this and I think that even the possibility of that perception would keep them from putting it on a studio album, or from covering Black Hole Sun, for example... you get the idea).
  • VOLAREVOLARE Posts: 313
    Pretty cool moment that night to realize what song it was. Started thinking ed was slipping “miss him” in between. Thanks for posting the video. Bootleg sounds great.
    8-28-92 Harriet Island
    6-16-93 University Theatre, UM
    2-8-95 Adams Field House
    6-20-98 Washington-Grizzly Stadium
    5-28-03 Adams Field House
    8-29-05 Adams Field House
    7-22-06 Gorge Amphitheater
    9-3-11 Alpine Valley
    9-30-12 Adams Field House
    10-31-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    11-01-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    9-6-13 Key Arena
    6-20-14 Milan
    6-22-14 Trieste
    11-28-15 Mexico City
  • This was such a deep moment, but most the people in my vicinity (including me) completely missed the relevance in that moment, because we all thought it was a new song :confused:

Great tune, wish it would become a regular.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    edited September 2018
    This was such a deep moment, but most the people in my vicinity (including me) completely missed the relevance in that moment, because we all thought it was a new song :confused:

Great tune, wish it would become a regular.
    Me too.  I recognized it, but couldn't remember where I knew it from.   I only first heard the Poncier EP a year or so ago.  I'd heard Chris Cornell made songs to match the titles of the songs of the album in Singles, but I'd never heard a copy of it.   Randomly found it on the internet one day, then shortly thereafter it also became an RSD release.  Pretty epic deep cut to cover.   Sounded amazing live (even if I couldn't remember what it was at the time).
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    We got it at Wrigley and man was it intense. And awesome. Such a cool way to honor their friend.  I feel like picking such an obscure song was a great choice being they were all so close with Cornell. Let other artists do “black hole sun”. 
  • Would love to see EV and Fantastic Negrito play this next weekend.