Options

Vault 8 Presale

Comments

• Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,945
    The price in the UK is £49.50 (63 USD) shipped.  
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,205
    this show isn't very good and, frankly, is a disappointing choice for a vault release. great looking setlist on paper (as most of the 2005 shows were), but listening to the show you'll hear how rough it is. ed even remarks near the end that this show was like taking the car in for an alignment. if you're looking for a strong performance from your vault releases, this show ain't it.

when we've repeatedly seens fans hoping for great shows from non- or under-represented tours like 1996, 2004, or 2007, why a 2005 show that virtually no one was asking for and that features a poor performance that isn't representative of the great shows on that tour was selected to represent a vault release is a curious thing indeed. perhaps it was simply the timing of the missoula tester benefit show this year. i'm hoping the next vault is a more inspired pick, especially considering we only get one of these a year.

and let me third/fourth/whatever the request for a timeline on the ordering window is. i'll still be ordering this because i have every other one and getting one for the same price or cheaper later on is virtually impossible.
  • Options
    tino_11 said:
    The price in the UK is £49.50 (63 USD) shipped.  
    Should a vinyl album really be allowed to cost 63 fucking dollars...

When you think about it...

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,142
    PSUS2H said:
    PB11041 said:
    I recently acquired a load of FLAC 05' shows and boy oh boy. Taaaaaaaasty. Mmm, mmm good!
    80s GIF

The '05 stuff that rolled onto nugs in the last year is really really nice sounding.  I never understood the move to mp3 with that tour.  Glad it finally got real treatment.
    Me either, cos' damn, it's such a difference in FLAC/WAV
    Have you seen Pittsburgh Sept 28 2005 in FLAC? It was my first PJ show. And one the few without a proper PJ show poster or boot release. 
    Sending you a PM re: 9/28/05 flac
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,113
    I'll buy it to keep the collection completed, but I'm a little dissapointed any time it's something we already had.  The mp3's from the 2005 leak are easily found.  It would be way more amazing for them to choose shows without leaked soundboards.   Missoula '98 would of been amazing :)
  • Options
    Zod said:
    Wasn't this the show to test basecamp downloads? I have the mp3s of this show. I guess we now know why this show isn't on nugs.
    Yep.
    Meh. More low hanging fruit for the vault releases. Digitally sourced, no reason to get the vinyl.
    Digitally sourced doesn't automatically mean bad though!  The recent Zeppelin remasters were from 24 bit/192 digital transfers and turned out wonderfully.  

At least with this, the vinyl lovers can get a good physical product with better-than-CD sound - even if there is no hi-rez files for the digital fans having it in FLAC isn't bad at all anyways
    I feel the same way about digital.  Yes it's poor form to source vinyl from cd quality digital files.    The big thing is digital quality can be quite superior to the old cd format.  If you source a vinyl from really high quality digital it can sound amazing.
    I agree with you, digital technology in music nowadays is just sooo good and goes well beyond now what the human ear can even perceive so hi-rez FLAC or vinyl sourced from high resolution files to me is just as satisfying as an analog transfer.  To me at that point the actual mastering of the recording matters more
  • Options
    Any word on presale end date? I’m looking to play the “what’s the Canadian exchange rate” game
  • Options
    PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    Missoula 98 would have been so much better.
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,846
    edited August 2018
    Missoula 95 wouldn't be too shabby either.
    02/08/95 – Adams Field House: University of Montana: Missoula, MT [100m]
    support act: Shangri-La Speedway
    set: Corduroy, Spin the Black Circle, Last Exit, Tremor Christ, Porch, Glorified G, Daughter/(Star Boy)/(The Real Me), Go, Animal, State of Love and Trust, Improv (I Don’t Know About the Future), Not for You, Jack Irons chant/Immortality, Satan’s Bed, Whipping, Even Flow, W.M.A., Blood
    enc: Redemption Song, Yellow Ledbetter, Let My Love Open the Door
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,745
    Any word on presale end date? I’m looking to play the “what’s the Canadian exchange rate” game

Same here. 
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    mcgruff10 said:
    set: Corduroy, Spin the Black Circle, Last Exit, Tremor Christ, Porch, Glorified G, Daughter/(Star Boy)/(The Real Me), Go, Animal, State of Love and Trust, Improv (I Don’t Know About the Future), Not for You, Jack Irons chant/Immortality, Satan’s Bed, Whipping, Even Flow, W.M.A., Blood
    I refer you to my Reasons you think the 1995
    tour was amazing thread my good sir! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,231
    mcgruff10 said:
    There's actually a pretty good audience recording from that show; may even be leaked soundboard. Quite a few of those 95 shows have some good quality sounding bootlegs.

The last 2 vault releases have been a bit disappointing after the high standard they had been setting.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Sirens4Sirens4 Posts: 562
    AndySlash said:
    this show isn't very good and, frankly, is a disappointing choice for a vault release. great looking setlist on paper (as most of the 2005 shows were), but listening to the show you'll hear how rough it is. ed even remarks near the end that this show was like taking the car in for an alignment. if you're looking for a strong performance from your vault releases, this show ain't it.

when we've repeatedly seens fans hoping for great shows from non- or under-represented tours like 1996, 2004, or 2007, why a 2005 show that virtually no one was asking for and that features a poor performance that isn't representative of the great shows on that tour was selected to represent a vault release is a curious thing indeed. perhaps it was simply the timing of the missoula tester benefit show this year. i'm hoping the next vault is a more inspired pick, especially considering we only get one of these a year.

and let me third/fourth/whatever the request for a timeline on the ordering window is. i'll still be ordering this because i have every other one and getting one for the same price or cheaper later on is virtually impossible.
    Thats disappointing!!!! Were have you heard it?
    Springfield 94 hartford 96,98,06,08 xl center 2010,2013 boston 06,2010 mansfield ma 1998,2000,2003,2008
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    Ordered.

Had an unused gift card in my account. No brainer.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,142
    Sirens4 said:
    AndySlash said:

I listened to the whole thing a few times these last few days.  It’s a good show but not amazing.  There’s some cool parts, most are average for the 05 tour.  Coolest thing to
    me was the fact that it was a very small crowd- for some reason I’m thinking 7500 but I may be wrong!? Not sure where I got that audience number from...  but it has an intimate feel which to me makes it cool.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,765
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    There's actually a pretty good audience recording from that show; may even be leaked soundboard. Quite a few of those 95 shows have some good quality sounding bootlegs.

The last 2 vault releases have been a bit disappointing after the high standard they had been setting.
    The audience of 2.8.95 is nice, but definitely not close to soundboard.  There are definitely a bunch of 1995 and 1996 audience recordings that are very solid.

His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    Sirens4Sirens4 Posts: 562
    Sirens4 said:
    AndySlash said:

I listened to the whole thing a few times these last few days.  It’s a good show but not amazing.  There’s some cool parts, most are average for the 05 tour.  Coolest thing to
    me was the fact that it was a very small crowd- for some reason I’m thinking 7500 but I may be wrong!? Not sure where I got that audience number from...  but it has an intimate feel which to me makes it cool.
    Ok cool !! Thanks! I just saw on another forum people were saying its was rough?! I ordered it!!
    Springfield 94 hartford 96,98,06,08 xl center 2010,2013 boston 06,2010 mansfield ma 1998,2000,2003,2008
  • Options
    wecrazybobwecrazybob Posts: 1,027
    Any word on last day to order? Seems like a pretty straight forward question to get answered, not complaining  just need to budget correctly.
    Toledo, Oh 09-22-96, Chicago, Illinois 06-29-98, Portland, Oregon 07-18-98, Vancouver, British Columbia 07-19-98, Seattle 07-21-98, Seattle 07-22-98, Noblesville, Indiana 08-17-98, East Lansing, Michigan 08-18-98, Barrie, Ontario 08-22-98, Auburn Hills, Michigan 08-23-98, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 08-25-98, Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio 08-26-98, Camden, Camden, New Jersey 08-28-98 Camden, New Jersey 08-29-98,Knoxville, Tennessee 09-06-98, Columbia, Maryland 09-18-98,Mountain View, California 10-30-99,Mountain View, California 10-31-99, Virginia Beach, Virginia 08-03-00,Charlotte, North Carolina 08-04-00,Greensboro, North Carolina 08-06-00, Atlanta, Georgia 08-07-00,West Palm Beach, Florida 08-09-00,West Palm Beach, Florida 08-10-00,Tampa, Florida 08-12-00,New Orleans, Louisiana 08-14-00,Memphis, Tennessee 08-15-00,Nashville, Tennessee 08-17-00, Noblesville, Indiana 08-18-00,Cincinnati, Ohio 08-20-00,Columbus, Ohio 08-21-00, Wantagh, New York 08-23-00, Wantagh, New York 08-24-00,Wantagh, New York 08-25-00, Saratoga Springs, New York 08-27-00,Mansfield, Massachusetts 08-29-00,Mansfield, Massachusetts 08-30-00,Camden, New Jersey 09-01-00,Camden, New Jersey 09-02-00,Columbia, Maryland 09-04-00,Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 09-05-00,Auburn Hills, Michigan 10-07-00, East Troy, Wisconsin 10-08-00,Chicago, Illinois 10-09-00,Cleveland, Ohio 04-25-03,Columbus, Ohio 06-24-03,Kitchener, ON 09-11-05, London, ON 9-12-05,Hamilton, ON 9-13-05,Cincinnati, Ohio 06-24-06, Chicago, Illinois 7-19-13, Cincinnati, Ohio 10-01-14, St. Louis, Missouri 10-03-14, Memphis, Tennessee 10-14-14,Detroit, Michigan 10-16-14, Moline, Illinois 10-17-14, Columbia SC 4-21-16 , Lexington KY 4-26-16, Philadelphia PA 4-28-16, Philadelphia PA 4-29-16, Boston 8-5-16 , Boston 8-7-16 Chicago 8-20-16, Chicago 8-22-16, Seattle 8-8-18, Seattle 8-10-18, Missoula 8-13-18, Chicago 8-18-18, Chicago 8-20-18, Boston 9-2-18, Boston 9-4-18
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,846
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Yeah I think I have a silver pressed boot of this show. 
    I thought the la 98 show was a brilliant choice for a vault.  So unexpected.  I like this choice but I feel there was something so special about the Canadian run of shows in ‘05. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    BlackCircleBlackCircle Charlotte, NC Posts: 371
    PJ_Soul said:
    Ugh. The mobile site fucked up my whole post again.

$44 from the EU store within Europe? Whaaaat?
    Yeah.. sorry... I'm in NC... It's $45 if I order this from the UK store.   

I'm like a tab
  • Options
    demetrios said:

Same here. 
    It's already @ 77 cents to the USA dollar. Same as last year ... :/
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    edited August 2018
    tbergs said:
    Hey look mom, no covers! :smiley:

08/29/05 – Adams Event Center, Missoula, MT
    attendance: approx 7500
    support act: The Briefs
    main set: MFC, Save You, Do The Evolution, 1/2 Full, Insignificance, Given To Fly, Sad, Even Flow, Faithfull, Daughter, Lukin, Grievance (incomplete), Whipping, I Got Shit, Nothing As It Seems, Rearviewmirror
    first encore: Elderly Woman …, Sleight of Hand, Black, Glorified G, Alive
    second encore: Bee Girl (Ed and Jeff), Black Red Yellow, Better Man, Porch
    third encore: Yellow Ledbetter
    TFT Notes: This show was a political fundraiser for Montana politician Jon Tester’s U.S. Senate Election Bid. Jeff Ament takes the stage first and thanks many people but “mostly, I want to thank the band – I want to thank Ed, Stone, Matt and Mike for coming over.” Continuing he introduces the “next senator of Montana”, Jon Tester. Jon Tester briefly and enthusiastically introduces Pearl Jam, alluding to his experience with fellow Montanan Jeff Ament, “this is what happens when a dirt farmer from Big Sandy runs for the U.S Senate teamed up with a bass player from Big Sandy and a world-class band. We’re just a couple of Montana boys trying to have a good time.” The band took the stage with the house lights still up. The crowd sings the last chorus of “Even Flow” after Ed pleas “Would you do me the privilege of singing this next chorus on your own? Giving me the day off, just for a chorus? Loud as you can, that kinda thing. Shall we? I’d be grateful.” Before the outro of “Faithfull”, Ed prepends:

I think we want to believe. I think we deserve to believe.
    Something … something … something …
    They aint’ trying to screw us, or rip us off, or tear us apart, or kill us, or take our lives. Lord have mercy…
    M-Y-T-H-S …

After some back-and-forth shout outs at the beginning of the “Daughter” jam, Ed sings an improv to the common tune of Pink Floyd’s “Another Brick In The Wall, Part 2″:

“We don’t need no misrepresentation
    We don’t need no Fox News Report
    Take your bias, shove it up your asses
    Don’t you remember what the truth is worth?
    Reporters leave Cindy Sheehan alone
    Leave her alone…

Ed dedicates “Elderly Woman …” to “the Mayor of Big Sandy” – Jon Tester, that is. The “Jeff Chant” is back in full force after “Black” and Ed praises Jeff saying that “when Jeff got a bit of money, from our band working in Seattle, the first thing he did was move back here.” “Bee Girl” is played for the first time since October 2, 1994, a gap of 320 shows, and Ed acknowledges both prior performances (October 18, 1993(Rockline) and October 2, 1994). With Phil Jackson (former Chicago Bulls coach, now L.A. Lakers coarch) in attendance, “Black, Red, Yellow” – written about “six extraordinary human beings that work together as a team” – is played for the first time since November 24, 1996, a gap of 246 shows. “Porch” starts again with the slow, funky intro. Before “Yellow Ledbetter”, Ed salutes the crowd, acknowledging “it’s been awhile since we played live, so we spend time living normal lives, we have no idea that there’s this kind of energy out there waiting for us, so thanks again.” All songs played tonight are Pearl Jam songs, no covers.

This is awesome, thanks for sharing

95 bucks shipped to buenos aires, exchange rate is deadly here, didn't realized checking the EU store, saw it here on the thread, even more steep, plus I will have to pay import taxes which are about another 50 bucks, but I want them all, I have all the others, imo setlist is great, love the package, love vinyl, and it's Pearl Jam, there's no point in overthinking or find some logic...
    Post edited by javis el errante on
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    Any update on when the presale ends?
  • Options
    Preordered mine, $75 for an album is alot. :O 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    @Santos L. Halper any idea when this ends?
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    Just saying, if you want this, order this, especially since 10c isn't saying when the presale ends.
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,177
    edited August 2018
    If you read the description, it says: We hope to start shipping in the fall/winter. I take that to mean November. If you look at previous vaults and do the math....it means this pre-sale ain’t lasting long.
  • Options
    PSUS2H said:
    Just saying, if you want this, order this, especially since 10c isn't saying when the presale ends.
    I wish that they did put a deadline date on this presale. At least a day or 2 notice before they take the pre order page down.
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    demetrios said:
    PSUS2H said:
    I wish that they did put a deadline date on this presale. At least a day or 2 notice before they take the pre order page down.
    Me too, but I keep coming back to the PJ20 deluxe box that was up for a little bit then vanished.  I ordered, no reason for waiting, but I understand some people will want to. 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,997
    PSUS2H said:
    demetrios said:
    PSUS2H said:
    Me too, but I keep coming back to the PJ20 deluxe box that was up for a little bit then vanished.  I ordered, no reason for waiting, but I understand some people will want to. 
    I just dropped about $500 this weekend alone, on top of already pre-paid expenses like flights and hotels. So yeah, pretty big reason to wait until next month if I can. If I can keep from adding another $75 to my credit card until I pay off this month, I will. Especially for something I get charged for now but ships in several months.