Options

9 covers

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    I'd love to see them cover some Dinosaur Jr. or Stooges with J. Mascis at Fenway. To the haters they can play whatever the fuck they want and most of us will love all of it. 
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    I dont really mind the covers
    what i do mind is that the second encore is very ten heavy
    rather than always ending the encore with porch
    try ending it with parting ways
    and most of the crowd edpecially US are long time fans
    they do know most of the songs post binaural
    PJ 2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    PJ 2018: London 1, Padova, Roma, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, London 2
    EV 2017: Amsterdam 2&3, London 1&2
  • Options
    PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,247
    Did night 2 feel different? 
    It seems to have been received much better..
    But the amount of covers was the same.. And the amount of songs from the last 20 years was again really low.. (just 3 songs from binaural, riot act, avocado, bs and lb combined +can't deny)

Btw I would've gladly taken both sets..! Just curious as to how the nights differed in peoples minds..

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • Options
    I can't believe they didn't play 4 hours and then stay after the show for photos and signatures. WTF
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419
    But the amount of covers was the same.. And the amount of songs from the last 20 years was again really low.. (just 3 songs from binaural, riot act, avocado, bs and lb combined +can't deny)

Btw I would've gladly taken both sets..! Just curious as to how the nights differed in peoples minds..
    Night 2 looked awesome. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:

Night 2 looked awesome. 
    I agree.. 

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • Options
    on2legs said:

Night 2 looked awesome. 
    I agree.. 
    it looked awesome, and it sounded fucking awesome too. whilst I do not necessarily agree with the complaints about cover songs, I do get it. my thing is, who else are we gonna go watch that CONSISTENTLY throw on an awesome catalog mix every single night?
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    on2legs said:

Night 2 looked awesome. 
    I agree.. 
    it looked awesome, and it sounded fucking awesome too. whilst I do not necessarily agree with the complaints about cover songs, I do get it. my thing is, who else are we gonna go watch that CONSISTENTLY throw on an awesome catalog mix every single night?
    A cover has been a highlight for me at several shows I've attended! I 

Would love some more love for the second half of PJ's own records though.. 

• Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,438
    I dont really mind the covers
    what i do mind is that the second encore is very ten heavy
    rather than always ending the encore with porch
    try ending it with parting ways
    and most of the crowd edpecially US are long time fans
    they do know most of the songs post binaural
    Um, so they only played two songs from Ten during last night's 2nd encore and only played 1 song from Ten during Seattle N.1 during the 2nd encore.  Neither encore ended with Porch.  Just saying.
  • Options
    gettingrightgettingright Posts: 550
    edited August 2018
    One way this could go:

Person 1: looking at the set list, it seems like too many cover songs. I’d like to see them play more originals especially from later albums, or some deeper cuts from yield or no code.

Person 2: Really? I would just be glad to be there. They can play whatever they like. 

Person 1: oh, yeah! It would have been great to be there. It just seems to me with as large as their catalogue is, they could play more of their stuff. 

Person 2: yea, but a lot of those songs PJ has been playing for a long time, so much so that there basically their songs.

Person 1: they’re still cover songs though. 

Person 2: yes, technically they are, but I still think they are pretty close to originals.

Person 1: I get that, they have played several for over 20 years. However, that also speaks to my greater point of hearing some more songs from later albums. A lot of those quasi-covers could be swapped out to freshen things up. 

Person 3: (had been overheating) well it was only night one. Maybe night 2 is when they’ll play some rarer stuff.

Person 1: that’s fair. 

Person 2: and, it still would have been awesome to be there either way, right?

Person 1: fuck yeah! 

Possible endings that played in my mind:
    1. nbc star: the more you know 2. Jumping high five; freeze frame; saved by the bell end credit music 3. beer bottle clink, sharp head nod, and deep gulp 4. close up of both faces with a deeper understanding of the other; blackout; FIN in white letters 5. side hug filmed from behind. End credits with Aaron Lewis’ cover of black playing.
     post credit scene - 2 days later: close up
    Person 3: See..., told ya... black out
    Post edited by gettingright on
    "...what a different life had i not found this love with you..."