Guns N' Roses is a youtube beast

Comments

• Anyone pick up the remastered deluxe edition of Appetite?  It is great!
  • Hub. said:
    Bought the huge boxset. :smile:
    I wish I had the funds for that!!  How are you liking it?  I got the Super Deluxe edition for around $150 and love the content, the demos and alternate cuts are amazingly awesome quality!
  • Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,985
    edited August 2018

The LP’s EP’s sound great. It’s bit redundant with the CDs and the USB drive but I like its design (metal cross usb drive). The boxset is really huge and, at the beginning, I found it hard to find a place in my living room (near my other LP's).

I hesitated for, at least, one month because of the price and then I convinced myself I would regret it later (when I was a teenager, I couldn't afford buying GnR merch, I even skipped their tour in 1992 in Paris: Too young, too far, no money). It took me 26 years to see them live (and I'm sure I was less in the mood compared to what I would've been at 17 years old, there are things you can't catch up). So, this purchase is a way tom make up with that period. :wink:

Post edited by Hub. on
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,133
    Little jail time OP? 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,823
    Little jail time OP? 
    ooooh what happened?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,918
    edited August 2018
    Little jail time OP? 
    Could you please show me how you seee that. I can't see anything out of the ordinary. See no bars on my avatar. 

I wanna see how I look and feel a little bit Rebel without a cause James Dean.

or maybe...

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited August 2018
    Little jail time OP? 
    ooooh what happened?
     I was told I was "false quoting". 

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Little jail time OP? 
    Could you please show me how you seee that. I can't see anything out of the ordinary. See no bars on my avatar. 

I wanna see how I look and feel a little bit Rebel without a cause James Dean.

or maybe...

on a pc you can't tell you were "jailed" but when i looked on my phone you have bars on your avatar
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • I'm sure there's another g 'n r thread, but this is the first one I found, so if anyone's interested they just announced their only US show will be in Honolulu on Dec. 8 and if you join Night Train (their club) you get advance ticket access.    I may be a little late as it looks like that pre-sale started at noon.  Would be interesting if I weren't already committed to a few other shows coming up.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • VanEyckVanEyck Posts: 171
    Saw the reunion tour and the outro solo on November Rain absolutely brought the house down and (nearly) a tear to my jaded eyes... 
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    mcgruff10 said:
    November Rain....reminds me of my 8th grade year.
    1.  awesome video
    2.  kids in my grade would use snippets of this song on their answering machine.
    3.  use your illusion 1 and 2 was the first tapes I bought that had an "explicit lyrics" sticker on them
    4.  stephanie seymour was really really hot in this video.
    5.  there was frequent arguments on whether that kiss was too much at the wedding.
    6.  I loved the expression on the priests face after slash hands him the wedding ring
    7.  the slash guitar solo in the church courtyard was epic
    8.  that dude really had to crash into the wedding cake because of a little bit of rain?!
    9.  casket shot...what the hell?!
    Haha agreed!
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • WHy didn't Axl sound this good when I saw him this summer? :open_mouth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3nO-KBTOQg
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    WHy didn't Axl sound this good when I saw him this summer? :open_mouth:

Agnes gave him strep throat.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,204
    dankind said:
    WHy didn't Axl sound this good when I saw him this summer? :open_mouth:

Agnes gave him strep throat.
    :rofl:
    It's a hopeless situation...
    Did y'all see that the $999 AFD box set is "only" $699 today?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • dankind said:
    Did y'all see that the $999 AFD box set is "only" $699 today?
    It's been 399 too.
  • This is a great song:

https://youtu.be/bAZO90z52Rg
    My wife just confirmed that more than half of the “November Rain” views were likely from her fast forwarding to Slash’s guitar solo to diddle. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,959
    dankind said:
    My wife just confirmed that more than half of the “November Rain” views were likely from her fast forwarding to Slash’s guitar solo to diddle. 
    hahahaha da fuq?!?!?!
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Coma is an unbelievable song. 
    my fave from UYI
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

dankind said:
    LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,864
    edited August 2019
    Axl was and always will be an asshole....but that is what made Guns so damn alluring.  There was a taboo factor, a fuck what my parents say element to them.  I will always prefer the white suit Paradise City Axl over Welcome to the Jungle Axl, and Illusions axl.  November rain if I recall was a real  old Axl song they held onto...sort of like Betterman....but I dont remember for sure cuz Im old
    Post edited by hrd2imgn on
    hrd2imgn said:
    Axl was and always will be an asshole....but that is what made Guns so damn alluring.  There was a taboo factor, a fuck what my parents say element to them.  I will always prefer the white suit Paradise City Axl over Welcome to the Jungle Axl, and Illusions axl.  November rain if I recall was a real  old Axl song they held onto...sort of like Betterman....but I dont remember for sure cuz Im old
    it was. their producer or manager wanted it on Appetite, Axl said "no, that one's for the second record". 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• hrd2imgn said:
    it was. their producer or manager wanted it on Appetite, Axl said "no, that one's for the second record". 
    Gusn N Roses "All Around the World" situation.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,634
    Last dangerous rock band 
    hrd2imgn said:
    i don't know what that is. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited August 2019
    hrd2imgn said:
    i don't know what that is. 
    “A lot of people at the time didn’t believe me when I said I’d written the first three albums before Definitely Maybe came out,” says Noel. “But I’d written All Around The World and I’d had the idea for D’You Know What I Mean?, before Rock’n’Roll Star. All Around The World was 11 minutes long then, and I remember playing it in one go and Bonehead had the look of a man who’d seen a ghost. Trying to convince the band who don’t have a manager, a record deal or any fans, that this song is gonna be the centrepiece of our third album – it takes some doing!”
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,204
    I'll never understand the obsession with Oasis. Handful of decent songs and brief worldwide recognition. 
    It's a hopeless situation...