Options

Idea on how to fix the "holiday single" problem.

1235»

Comments

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,151

Replace the annual single with the annual vault vinyl and raise the price of the membership levels.  $35 for Digital and they now get a bootleg code, $75 for analog and they get the vault vinyl.
    I'd go a long with that.   Good Idea :)
  • Options
    If it still takes 4-6 months to press up vinyl these days, which I don't think has changed, we should have seen 'Can't Deny Me' and the mysterious B-side for it by now.  They should just double-single it like 1994-1995 and catch up at this point.  

Except that Can't Deny Me isn't the 10C single.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    If it still takes 4-6 months to press up vinyl these days, which I don't think has changed, we should have seen 'Can't Deny Me' and the mysterious B-side for it by now.  They should just double-single it like 1994-1995 and catch up at this point.  

When has 10C said differently?
  • Options

When has 10C said differently?

https://pearljam.com/ten-club/event/cant-deny-me

"Your 2017 single has arrived."

In the past, the records have always been shipped before the digital copies were uploaded. In addition, they've been shipped without notice. Someone, usually in the LA area, gets it and uploads photos.

Can't Deny Me was digital and released to FM radio, if I'm not mistaken. This is a far departure from past methodologies. The email sent on March 13th mentions it's from the forthcoming new album.

Some people seem to think it's one part of the 2017 10C single. I'll believe that when I see that.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Umm, that's exactly what that is stating.  "Your 2017 single has arrived."    What other single has 10C ever given its members?
  • Options
    Yeah, it's the 2017 Holiday single.  It also is from the upcoming record.  That's the only departure I've seen from past singles.  Tracks like 'Last Kiss' and 'Love Reign O'er Me' got radio play or were released commercially after they were holiday singles, not at the same time,
    Target Center - Jun 30, 1998
    Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000
    Xcel Energy Center - Jun 16, 2003
    United Center - Jun 18, 2003
    Fort William Garden - Sep 09, 2005
    Xcel Energy Center - Jun 27, 2006
    United Center - Aug 23, 2009
    Xcel Energy Center - Oct 19, 2014
    Xcel Energy Center - August 31, 2023
    Xcel Energy Center - September 2, 2023
  • Options
    Umm, that's exactly what that is stating.  "Your 2017 single has arrived."    What other single has 10C ever given its members?
    Olé? There have been times when I wonder if Olé was meant for more... remember that rumored Backspacer follow-up which never materialized?

It could be both, but it still seems odd. Gone comes to mind, as that was a studio song released on an album and 10C members got the demo

I guess we'll see.
  • Options
    Olé? There have been times when I wonder if Olé was meant for more... remember that rumored Backspacer follow-up which never materialized?

It could be both, but it still seems odd. Gone comes to mind, as that was a studio song released on an album and 10C members got the demo

I guess we'll see.
    Ole wasn't distributed as "Your 2011 single."