Wrigleyville Question: Do bars allow you to bring in 15-year old son?

goodforyou19goodforyou19 Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin Posts: 74
edited July 2018 in The Porch
I'd like to bring my 15-year old son to his first concert(s) at Wrigley and am curious about whether the bars/restaurants allow teenagers in with a parent.  Here in Wisconsin it's not a problem.  Are they lax around Wrigley or uptight about it?  

Post edited by goodforyou19 on
Tagged:

Comments

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Before the shows, you’ll be fine. After, you might have troubles at some/most bars. 
  • goodforyou19goodforyou19 Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin Posts: 74
    bbiggs said:
    Before the shows, you’ll be fine. After, you might have troubles at some/most bars. 
    Ah yes, I should've clarified - before the shows.  Thanks bbiggs!
  • bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 1,989
    In '13, the day before the show, we went and grabbed our tix and tried to go to a couple of bars.  Wouldn't let us in since my wife did not have her ID on her. 
    We ended up going to the beach.
    So, it is possible that you might be SOL...depends I guess on the guys at the door.
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Sluggers and Murphy's Bleachers both allow children...at least before Cubs games.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    ^ I think if it’s clear to a door guy that an adult is bringing in his or her underage child, who is not there to consume alcohol, there should be no issue. An adult with no ID is a different story because they assume you’re going to be drinking. There’s no guarantee of course, but for the majority of bars/restaurants, I think they’ll be ok in the afternoon hours leading up to the shows. 
  • chadaw76chadaw76 Indianapolis Posts: 289
    Goose Island allows kids
    2000: Noblesville, IN
    2010: Noblesville, IN
    2011: PJ20 Night 1
    2013: Wrigley Field, Baltimore
    2014: St. Louis
    2016: Lexington, Fenway I, Wrigley I, Temple of the Dog - NYC
    2017: EV solo - Louisville
    2018: Wrigley 1
    2022: St. Louis
    2023: Austin 1 & 2