Lukin: Wrigley Field 2016 - What happened?

thispureamericanriotthispureamericanriot California Posts: 514
Found this clip on Youtube. Band starts Lukin and mid-song Ed tells some guy to "get your finger outta that woman's face". Was anyone there who can clarify happed happened? Looks like security drags the guy out. Ed tells the woman "nice job" for defending herself and goes right back to the song. Amazing exchange!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U64hsso734I

Comments

• mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,742
    A guy had a finger in a woman's face.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    Here's basically the quick rough story:

From my understanding, a woman was clearly not in good shape and fainted during the show. A couple nearby was yelling to get security's attention to pull her out, and a drunk was giving them shit for causing commotion (stupid). In the middle of Lukin Ed noticed the drunk guy giving the woman (in the couple) a hard time and singled him out, calling for him to get kicked out. This allowed for security to run in and get the woman who had passed out, and then later booted the drunk guy.
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • thispureamericanriotthispureamericanriot California Posts: 514
    PJWGIII said:
    Here's basically the quick rough story:

From my understanding, a woman was clearly not in good shape and fainted during the show. A couple nearby was yelling to get security's attention to pull her out, and a drunk was giving them shit for causing commotion (stupid). In the middle of Lukin Ed noticed the drunk guy giving the woman (in the couple) a hard time and singled him out, calling for him to get kicked out. This allowed for security to run in and get the woman who had passed out, and then later booted the drunk guy.
    Thank you for explaining. I was curious because I thought perhaps a physical altercation might have happened. Always seems like it's the "drunk guy" who ruins everyone's time. Sounds like EV just taking care of business. Thanks again.
  • igotid_8igotid_8 Cleveland, Ohio Posts: 497
    It was epic!
    2000 Columbus, Pittsburgh
    2003 Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Columbus
    2004 Toledo
    2005 Hamilton, Pittsburgh
    2006 Cleveland, Auburn Hills, Pittsburgh
    2009 Chicago
    2010 Cleveland
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Detroit
    2016 Tampa, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2