Barcelona GA chaos

124»

Comments

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Noload said:
    MayDay10 said:
    deftones said:
    I don't understand why people complaining about the same people being first row and on the same time they want time to explore new cities, have beers etc. I mean if you want to be there in front of Eddie then you should probably sacrifice some of your time or other things you wanted to do. I loved GA in Prague, everything went so calm, I had one my best PJ experiences being 3rd row.
    The real issue for me is when people don't respect each other and trying to cheat. Fortunately my experience had nothing to do with cheaters but only wonderful people respecting each other while queuing or during the show. This is not a 10C problem though so I don't think they should police the lines. Just respect each other, it's so simple or you don't belong to this community.
    Word
    My issue is.... especially here in the US.  The GA line has become kind of an arms race.  At the same time, it is tough to 'win' GA tickets in the lottery, so I do not know how so many people were able to continually obtain GA tickets for every show.

But the arms race of arriving early.  It has increased each US leg since the GA started.  Last time it became numerous days.  Wouldnt be shocked if we hit the 1-week mark for one or more of these ballpark shows.  Its a matter of time before someone will get mugged, or injured due to some sort of exhaustion at the show or just waiting outside.  You have people who have been waiting a long time, sleeping outside and they get moody, especially if the detect some sort of slight or cheating.  Especially after putting in so much "work".  It is a matter of time before one of these lines results in a rumble.
    I've said this for a while.  It wont change IMO until something bad happens.
    Throw a microbrew at them. When they try to catch it go for the beard
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    All I can say is that the drug dog they had at the security check had zero sense of smell. He didn't stop one person :)
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    edited July 2018
    barca line..what happened was this
    ga line was there,and they moved them at some point close to gate and start a first search entrance before u get in,,when they moved the line problem was u couldnt get back at first spot so u get merch from the booth was outside and wasnt open the timed they moved line..so to get merch you would lose your spot in ga line..ofcourse was 4 booths inside,so no problem..so,some went back and got merch,some stayed at the line..but this moved next to gate was epic cos u dont have the chance everyday  to listen pj  to soundcheck ghost ,sleight of hand and  fatal ,twice!!
    there was no chaos..all was ok,,only real chaos was madrid festival..worst shit ever.
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    eddiec said:
    All I can say is that the drug dog they had at the security check had zero sense of smell. He didn't stop one person :)
    thats true..hahahahahaa
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,874
    MayDay10 said:
    deftones said:
    I don't understand why people complaining about the same people being first row and on the same time they want time to explore new cities, have beers etc. I mean if you want to be there in front of Eddie then you should probably sacrifice some of your time or other things you wanted to do. I loved GA in Prague, everything went so calm, I had one my best PJ experiences being 3rd row.
    The real issue for me is when people don't respect each other and trying to cheat. Fortunately my experience had nothing to do with cheaters but only wonderful people respecting each other while queuing or during the show. This is not a 10C problem though so I don't think they should police the lines. Just respect each other, it's so simple or you don't belong to this community.
    Word
    My issue is.... especially here in the US.  The GA line has become kind of an arms race.  At the same time, it is tough to 'win' GA tickets in the lottery, so I do not know how so many people were able to continually obtain GA tickets for every show.

But the arms race of arriving early.  It has increased each US leg since the GA started.  Last time it became numerous days.  Wouldnt be shocked if we hit the 1-week mark for one or more of these ballpark shows.  Its a matter of time before someone will get mugged, or injured due to some sort of exhaustion at the show or just waiting outside.  You have people who have been waiting a long time, sleeping outside and they get moody, especially if the detect some sort of slight or cheating.  Especially after putting in so much "work".  It is a matter of time before one of these lines results in a rumble.
    Great analogy.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......