how many first timers have you taken to Pearl Jam concert?

tup30tup30 Posts: 115
I've taken 6 first timers over the years and it's a blast each and every time.  

I have two more newbies going to the Chicago shows in August. watching first timers reactions to opening chords of their "favorite" songs when they identify them takes me back to Lollapalooza '92 when I first saw the band live. 

Comments

• Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    Took my wife to her first PJ show in Greenville in 16.  About 6 songs into it she asks "why is everyone going so crazy, why are you and the guy in front of us high-fiving and saying 'they're really doing it?'" She loved the show. Afterwards, I had to explain to her that she just saw a legendary PJ show.  On the drive back to Michigan she says, "well, we have to go to both nights at Wrigley."

Taking my uncle to Wrigley night 1, and my Dad to night 2 this summer.  Their firsts.  Should be excellent. 
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    Four shows, three first-timers.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    Gtilley8 said:
    Took my wife to her first PJ show in Greenville in 16.  About 6 songs into it she asks "why is everyone going so crazy, why are you and the guy in front of us high-fiving and saying 'they're really doing it?'" She loved the show. Afterwards, I had to explain to her that she just saw a legendary PJ show.  On the drive back to Michigan she says, "well, we have to go to both nights at Wrigley."

Taking my uncle to Wrigley night 1, and my Dad to night 2 this summer.  Their firsts.  Should be excellent. 
    Wow!
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    Proud first timer here myself. Wrigley can't get here soon enough!
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris