Options

The Things From Our Youth We Wish We Kept

Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
Hockey Cards...I had a shit ton of them ...
Give Peas A Chance…

Comments

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,892
    My sanity 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Transformers
    MASK
    SNES collection - kept everything from the system to games complete in box
    Nintendo Power magazines
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,687
    More of my early ticket stubs from show like The Beach Boys, The Who, Jimi Hendrix.
    More of my kids books.
    The little mini hard-carved surf boards my friend Mark taught me how to make.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    timdwillitimdwilli Los Angeles, CA Posts: 294
    My mom sold all my concert shirts at a garage sale when I was away at college thinking I left them behind because I didn’t want them. Specifically, I wish I had my Tom Petty and R.E.M. shirts from ‘95...oh, and my original 10c number from ‘93 haha 
  • Options
    TristeluneTristelune Posts: 318
    Health, love of my life, signed stubs from the 90’s
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192
    Athleticism
    baseball cards
    board games (Strat-o-Matic Baseball and Risk specifically)

• Options
    pjhawks said:
    Athleticism
    baseball cards

Risk is a great game...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    More of my early ticket stubs from show like The Beach Boys, The Who, Jimi Hendrix.
    More of my kids books.
    The little mini hard-carved surf boards my friend Mark taught me how to make.

I think I have every ticket stub except a U2 concert...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,524
    edited July 2018
    It wasn't me that got rid of it. My childhood teddy bear. I LOVED that bear, and he was in great shape. I got him when I was about 7, and still had him when I was 19 and moved out of town for a season. I had every intention of keeping him until death - there was a lot of sentimentality going on there. While I was out of town stretching my wings, my mother fucking cleared out my entire bedroom (which is bad enough in the first place - she knew I was coming back in a few months; I felt pretty violated in general when I got home to find all my stuff gone and my bedroom remodeled without my input), and she gave my beloved childhood teddy to some little cousin of mine who I barely even knew. I am STILL mad about it when I think of it. My mom is great, but every once in a blue moon she does something that is just so fucking ridiculously irritating and thoughtless, and that was one of those times.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Go get that bear .  Bring him home 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,524
    edited July 2018
    He's long gone. That cousin and her parents had absolutely no idea that it meant anything to me. By the time I found out where it had gone it was too late, because my mom actually lied to me about where it had gone once she saw I was so mad about it. She said she'd chucked it out, I think because she felt it would be embarrassing if the family she gave it to discovered that she'd just stolen it from me. I only found out where the teddy had really gone when I was at the family's house for some dinner a year or two later, and spotted him in a corner, all destroyed, ready for the trash. Even then I took my mom aside and confronted her about it then and there, saying I was going to take it back, and she literally freaked out and forbade me from saying anything ... Obviously I wish I hadn't let her convince me not to. Perhaps I could have fixed him up, cleaned him, sewn up the holes.... So there you have it, the Jones family teddy bear saga, where my mom comes out the villain, lol.
    I think it burns as bad as it does because I was actually the exact opposite of spoiled as a kid, to the point where I barely had any toys at all, and that was the only plush toy I ever had as a child. It's not like he was just my favorite teddy. He was my ONLY teddy. :cry:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    PJ_Soul said:
    He's long gone. That cousin and her parents had absolutely no idea that it meant anything to me. By the time I found out where it had gone it was too late, because my mom actually lied to me about where it had gone once she saw I was so mad about it. She said she'd chucked it out, I think because she felt it would be embarrassing if the family she gave it to discovered that she'd just stolen it from me. I only found out where the teddy had really gone when I was at the family's house for some dinner a year or two later, and spotted him in a corner, all destroyed, ready for the trash. Even then I took my mom aside and confronted her about it then and there, saying I was going to take it back, and she literally freaked out and forbade me from saying anything ... Obviously I wish I hadn't let her convince me not to. Perhaps I could have fixed him up, cleaned him, sewn up the holes.... So there you have it, the Jones family teddy bear saga, where my mom comes out the villain, lol.
    I think it burns as bad as it does because I was actually the exact opposite of spoiled as a kid, to the point where I barely had any toys at all, and that was the only plush toy I ever had as a child. It's not like he was just my favorite teddy. He was my ONLY teddy. :cry:
    That is terrible. When I was a teenager, we took a large load of toys and plush toys to the thrift store. A few days later my Winnie the Pooh showed up at home. It was the first stuffed animal I had, so my mom went back and bought him. I still have him 20 years later, thinking my kids might like it, but they want nothing to do with a 37 year old stuffed animal, but because of the story I can't get rid of him. 
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,853
    Only thing i kinda wish i still had was my Atari 2600 and the game cartridges.  Had it until the mid 90's but gave it to our neighbor.

Still have most of my favorite old toys from my childhood, granted most of them are broken though like Transformers, GI Joe, Star Wars and sports cards.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    My hair!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    Barbie Dream House... my daughter would have loved that detailed version of it. The cheap crap they have these days, even with electronic parts, is nothing compared to the original. 3 part sliding glass doors...yesss.
  • Options
    My team issued Air Jordans (the first ones).

My record collection was destroyed in a flood. I had stopped buying them for the most part- preferring cds- but damn I had a lot of great records that got ruined.

I was smart. I saved all my hockey cards and baseball cards.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,970
    Would it be weird if I said my virginity?
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    redrawredraw Posts: 1,271
    My original Star Wars toys!!! 
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    I actually have a hollow feeling reading this.  R.i.p Jones family teddy
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    I wish I had my hair as well...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    All my drawings.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,189

My Masters of the Universe, GI Joe and Transformers toys.

My comic book collection that I sold to my cousin for $30 so that I could buy some records.

got totally ripped off. These were from the late 80s early 90s which to me were the 2nd golden age of comics.

over 400 books. at least my cousin still has them.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    lolobugg said:

My comic book collection that I sold to my cousin for $30 so that I could buy some records.

got totally ripped off. These were from the late 80s early 90s which to me were the 2nd golden age of comics.

I was big into Batman, X-Men, & Fantastic Four books.  Collected Batman, Detective, Shadow of the Bat, Legend of the Dark Knight, X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, X-Factor,  Generation X, Cable, & Fantastic Four.

I had the entire Batman Knightfall/Knightquest/KinghtsEnd series as well as the entire Zero Hour crossover.  Had the entire X-Men: Onslaught series and Marvel Heroes Reborn.  I was big into the 2099 titles as well.  Had all the first issues of every title and continued collecting X-Men 2099, Fantastic Four 2099, & 2099 Unlimited.  Had a bunch of Dark Horse comics and few other indies.
    I drove them all out to some place in Dayton, OH back in '01 when I was jobless for a few months and needed money. Had a box of CDs and VHS tapes as well, got close to $400 for the lot, which was an entire month's income at the time.
  • Options
    lolobugg said:

I was big into Batman, X-Men, & Fantastic Four books.  Collected Batman, Detective, Shadow of the Bat, Legend of the Dark Knight, X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, X-Factor,  Generation X, Cable, & Fantastic Four.

I had the entire Batman Knightfall/Knightquest/KinghtsEnd series as well as the entire Zero Hour crossover.  Had the entire X-Men: Onslaught series and Marvel Heroes Reborn.  I was big into the 2099 titles as well.  Had all the first issues of every title and continued collecting X-Men 2099, Fantastic Four 2099, & 2099 Unlimited.  Had a bunch of Dark Horse comics and few other indies.
    I drove them all out to some place in Dayton, OH back in '01 when I was jobless for a few months and needed money. Had a box of CDs and VHS tapes as well, got close to $400 for the lot, which was an entire month's income at the time.

not bad. you came out way better than I did.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited July 2018
    lolobugg said:

I still have all 12 original Watchmen comics somewhere. No idea what they're worth, but those were some of the only comic books that I kept. Actually, I might still have a few old Rock 'N' Roll Comics as well. Anyone remember those?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    lolobugg said:

I still have all 12 original Watchmen comics somewhere. No idea what they're worth, but those were some of the only comic books that I kept. Actually, I might still have a few old Rock 'N' Roll Comics as well. Anyone remember those?

Yep. if you have the GNR issue or Nirvana they are pretty collectible.

Watchmen originals in good shape should fetch a nice price too.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    pjhawks said:
    Athleticism
    baseball cards

I still have and play S-O-M.

I pretty much kept everything from my childhood I would want.  My video games and systems are still intact.  Sports cards.  Certain artifacts. 
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    pjhawks said:
    Athleticism
    baseball cards

I pretty much kept everything from my childhood I would want.  My video games and systems are still intact.  Sports cards.  Certain artifacts. 

I had the APBA version of baseball board game. I played S-O-M football.

I played the hell out of that thing- sometimes even by myself with two teams.

I don't know where it is, but I'd love to have kept that game as well. I might have to go dig around my parents' place for it- although the likelihood of it still being there is minimal at best.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192
    MayDay10 said:
    pjhawks said:
    Athleticism
    baseball cards

nice, do you get updated player cards or just play the old ones?  I so wish i kept my old ones.  a few years ago i looked into the Windows version but never made the move.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    pjhawks said:
    MayDay10 said:
    pjhawks said:
    Athleticism
    baseball cards

nice, do you get updated player cards or just play the old ones?  I so wish i kept my old ones.  a few years ago i looked into the Windows version but never made the move.
    I usually get the updated cards.  I am in a retro draft league on the CPU version that is currently in 1982 and we require the new version every year.  There is a discount if you buy the cards along with the CPU version.  I play a lot of the hockey game and that is past seasons (although I own many modern ones as well).

They don't really re-print cards so some seasons are hard to find and there is a re-sale market.  The company currently doesnt offer anything between like 1969 and 2003 (other than 1982?).  CPU though everything is available.